Making ascended standalone?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Making ascended standalone?

demonicwolf wrote:I like having ascended directly attached to main account, but i would like to see things changed like adding a bank some of this stuff at high levels is more diffcult to get and requires time and with the tournments and way people play now you cannot stockpile weapons like one used to.

add a bank
add more ascended ranks or ability to internally increase ones own godly self without powerups
do away with the limiter crap if i wanna hit someone 1/5 my size because they have 5-6 quad out i should be able too or vice versa... same with descending if you arent willing to play ascended when its part of main thats your problem.....

i definitely would prolly quit playing along with most of your player base if you make this a stand alone game, this server fundamentally has and always be like main so lets make it like it would be if your a good make alliances like the gods had in sgw, higher turns per round since 1 can burn 100 turns in 1 shot. :sge

Firstly, question was changed, it is now "allowing direct sign up to ascended" so people don't have to ascend to get an account but the link with main remains.

As for the bank suggestion, that goes in another thread :P, but don't bother, just dig up one of the few that come up every year heh, it gets suggested often and gunned down just as fast.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
zach obourn
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Homeless
Alternate name(s): Trashcan Man,Homelessguy and Zach Obourn.

i say make it stand separate :smt112
ImageImageImageImage
You started playing on Wednesday, June 8th 2011 - 19:45:37 GMT

5 Second Sig By Legend
Spoiler
Trade FeedBack
Spoiler
Naq Sold To Date 100T
UU Sold To Date 820M
Turns Sold to Date 9K
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Sol wrote:So after a few talks with some people and admin J, I'll bring this question into the limelight.
Should ascended be made into more of a stand-alone game still linked (in some ways) to main? So people can still ascend to get into it, and casually sign up for it?
Should it be made into more of a purely separate game? (or duplicated to accommodate for this) As to just allow people to sign up?
Should it be left as it was created to be, a 'secret' server allowable for people that have ascended in main? Mind you it's not exactly secret anymore...
Should something else be done to it that i have missed out from above?

This is just a general discussion about it, that wouldn't happen in the short term even if everyone wanted it (so think more future wise :P ). I'm just interested to see the general feel and consensus about the topic.

](*,) And you were doing great!! It takes 10 days to get ascended with VERY minimal effort.
IMO Nuff Said'
Sol
Forum Addict

AnonymousDwarf™ wrote:
Sol wrote:So after a few talks with some people and admin J, I'll bring this question into the limelight.
Should ascended be made into more of a stand-alone game still linked (in some ways) to main? So people can still ascend to get into it, and casually sign up for it?
Should it be made into more of a purely separate game? (or duplicated to accommodate for this) As to just allow people to sign up?
Should it be left as it was created to be, a 'secret' server allowable for people that have ascended in main? Mind you it's not exactly secret anymore...
Should something else be done to it that i have missed out from above?

This is just a general discussion about it, that wouldn't happen in the short term even if everyone wanted it (so think more future wise :P ). I'm just interested to see the general feel and consensus about the topic.

](*,) And you were doing great!! It takes 10 days to get ascended with VERY minimal effort.
IMO Nuff Said'

Exactly, if someone just wanted to only play ascended they would have to wait 10 days to play it, imagine just buying a game and letting it sit there for 10 days so you could play it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

That is true, and with only one of four stats trained right you are always in g/r so its easy now to ascend. Back when we was TiTaNs we had to work for it hard that LG+1 cap ;)
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I popped up early, still at prior, farmed my way to enough stats to be able to survive against anything other than the 7 year players.

I found the dislocation of being in a new server with a different set of rules quite exhilarating.

Stand alone would require a separate advertising budget. No adds and no $ makes that problematical.

Get the code base, publish an API, call it botgate wars, that could be serious fun for a limited audience.
matty~
Forum Regular
Alliance: RIcos warlords
Race: i need sleep
ID: 1950534
Alternate name(s): ~matty~
xzxmattyxzx

Cwalen wrote:I popped up early, still at prior, farmed my way to enough stats to be able to survive against anything other than the 7 year players.

I found the dislocation of being in a new server with a different set of rules quite exhilarating.

Stand alone would require a separate advertising budget. No adds and no $ makes that problematical.

Get the code base, publish an API, call it botgate wars, that could be serious fun for a limited audience.
lulz this idea on seperating ascended worse then adding a bank imo
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
Spoiler
Some say im insane....I say..My Sanity just took a break

Im so far from the grapevine, im buying grapes from the supermarket.
BEWARE MY SCOPE ZOOMS HEAT SEAKING SCOPE . PRO SNIPER BABY

Return to “Ascended General”