The sniper problem

nimious
Fledgling Forumer

Re: The sniper problem

If you spent every possible AT and are still a lot behind players in top 5, than you are using different strategy than them. And it seems that your strategy is worse ;)
No one in top 10 was fed (since it is illegal), and most didn't buy USS ;)
If you don't see how they can be so far ahead it doesn't mean there is no way they could be.

About multis and IPs: it's extremely easy to get around that problem. And if a player does that, it's quite difficult to catch him multiing.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

nimious wrote:About multis and IPs: it's extremely easy to get around that problem. And if a player does that, it's quite difficult to catch him multiing.
*grin* Difficult to prove 100%. But then, Forum does not need 100%, as per the TOS. ;)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Kynell - I'd watch out if I were you. He did the same to me, a week or so after he had a failed attack on me he started massing me. I was the first to go, but 2 other Divine members have been massed. I wasn't online at the time, as I was playing a big gig with my band after a Slovene music celebrity opened up and, needless to say, the party for us continued till dawn, so I am not completely sure what damage was done to the other 2 accounts. But, like nimious said, we haven't done anything to the sniper.

Like Juliette said, I can only ban feeders atm, can't ban people for multying. Otherwise this problem would have been dealt with. I have already greatly narrowed down whose multi it is and I am 99% sure it is a multi. Sadly the undeniable evidence, like nimious said, is almost impossible to get.
I am a sort of liaison to Forum and can give him the IDs of multies and other cheaters far more quickly than a regular user.

As for supporter statuses - you can get one per week to a maximum of 8 supporter statuses. After $ trading (player-to-player) was banned I pushed for supporter statuses giving a far smaller advantage than they used to - the only noticeable advantage they give is ATs. If it were up to me, they wouldn't give even ATs, but it's not up to me. As nimious said, very few of the top 10 accounts bought supporter statuses thus far; I haven't, for one, and if it weren't for star wars massing me and a sab by another sniper earlier that week, I would still have had the best account by quite a margin.

There was no feeding thus far in the era as well, if there had been any feeding - I would have banned feeders already.

Hope that clears things up :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

Kynell its all about timing. When to farm, when to raid & when to go for rank 1 for that glory boost.

I haven't spend any $ so far and have missed a weekly but managed to keep up with the rest. I'm rank 1 so far so here's a good indicator of where you should be at. I've still got, to date, Turns: 4,459 avail to farm.

Here's my stats so far;
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 98,227,873 million (Used 40,666 AT to get that)
Generic Spider Kidnapped(100) 3,211,946
Attack Turns Used(1) 43,051

If you've got way less naq than me so far it means that you either;
1. Used too many turns to farm too often
2. Raided too early on

I don't agree with Jack statement that he would have had the best account by quite a margin. There are a group of players that are very close to each other. They might not have rank 1 Glory but it's not really that important because at the end, if you haven't wasted AT trying to keep taking rank 1 for the glory you can easily make it up as Glory only counts 1 sixth of overall rank. The best tactic is to stay in the top 10 and every couple of days take rank 1 for a bit of a boost.

I agree with some re Starwars. It does look like he is targeting The Divine. Not sure what that is all about. Nitro's sabbing as well though he is clearly not playing actively.

I agree with Jack, there should be some restrictions in place. I don't want to dictate how people should play the game but a person building up 1 stat to kill off active high rank accounts is just silly. Last era we stopped players from coming in the last 2 weeks of an era and win it by letting Glory count in final rankings therefor making it impossible for them to grab that win. It just makes sense to put measures in place now for those 'friends' coming in to quickly destroy their mates 'enemies'.

I predict things will get uglier now that $$ have become the prize :?
Karac Terz
Forum Newbie

If i may, the easiest way to fight against this one hour farming = able to destroy top 1 account is to bring back economical balance.

IE income is worth nothing this era. ALL NAQ comes from inactives and they grow up so fast.
Either lower the naq from inactives, or boost the income from active players.

Results :
1 . You re being rewarded being active keeping your income safe.
2 . Someone coming in after a month has lose too much income to be competetive versus top accounts.
3 . Will bring back war interaction between active players.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Karac Terz - nice one. It is something I've suggested to Forum already as well. There are currently several options for him to choose from. I did want for people to come to this idea on their own, to avoid all the cries about how I want my way to be the only possible way :) Hopefully something will soon be done.

Elg - well to date I lost approx 1,5k ATs worth of stuff due to 2 such accounts, possibly a bit more. Right now almost all of my stats are #1 and I've got 3,5k ATs atm. That +1,5k ATs I wouldn't have had to spend otherwise, brings me to the AT limit ;)
Anyway, that's not the main point. You're right though, as soon as $ get involved things get uglier and something has to be done to prevent a newly made account being able to completely cripple best accounts in the game.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine

Neimenljivi wrote:Karac Terz - nice one. It is something I've suggested to Forum already as well. There are currently several options for him to choose from. I did want for people to come to this idea on their own, to avoid all the cries about how I want my way to be the only possible way :) Hopefully something will soon be done.

Elg - well to date I lost approx 1,5k ATs worth of stuff due to 2 such accounts, possibly a bit more. Right now almost all of my stats are #1 and I've got 3,5k ATs atm. That +1,5k ATs I wouldn't have had to spend otherwise, brings me to the AT limit ;)
Anyway, that's not the main point. You're right though, as soon as $ get involved things get uglier and something has to be done to prevent a newly made account being able to completely cripple best accounts in the game.

~Jack
Lol. Please dont take offense to my comment. I merely stated that there are those thats actually ahead of you even before you got massed. I've been watching who's farmed, what and when they take their weekly's and daily's. By my calculations you were a bit behind in terms of AT as they were almost sitting on 5k with still having to take weekly's & daily's. Thats about 1,9k AT and you know how much further that can get you. Glory rank 1-3 is literally on top of each other as well.

Anyways, coming back to the main point. Have you had a chat to Admin re this matter? Maybe he has a solution or two for us as well. Or do you think it's too late for him to make some changes to the game?

Agree with Karac. It's utterly useless to even choose Parasitic Race these days. I Remember the days when I got turn farmed...was most frustrating but it did put some excitement in to the game :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

The efficiency idea was one we generated together. However, I just got word from admin that income and farms have been tweaked, which will hopefully be enough to put all this saga behind us. I do not know what kind of tweaks has he done, but we will see the outcome soon enough :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

Well, I guess his tweak (surprise surprise...) didn't really work.
Yesterday we could again witness 3 accs from top 10 massed to bits by a sniper.

What I find the most interesting was that ROBERTs choice of targets, and the time of mass was suspiciously familiar. Not to mention that he started being active around the same time when certain acc was deleted. Coincidence? Who knows...
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

lets animate this quantum ;)

i miss the old time with battle

i.m busy on main this era no time for quantum maybe a little bored

nox on top player :-D is not easy to take the price this era
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

nimious wrote:Well, I guess his tweak (surprise surprise...) didn't really work.
Yesterday we could again witness 3 accs from top 10 massed to bits by a sniper.

What I find the most interesting was that ROBERTs choice of targets, and the time of mass was suspiciously familiar. Not to mention that he started being active around the same time when certain acc was deleted. Coincidence? Who knows...

time of mass was suspiciously familiar. :shock:

jack is cop no need slovenian help :smt019
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Sorry Rob, but I don't know what the heck you're talking about with me being cop and no need for Slovenian help. I suspect you were the one who massed me - as you probably saw, I wasn't really active for the past 14 days. So you haven't ruined my chances or anything like that ;)

As for the what happened - due to my absence I will require as much info as possible before relaying this further.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”