Bloodwar 'fixes/changes' (Oct29)

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Bloodwar 'fixes/changes' (Oct29)

Some definitions:
Pre-Bloodwar: 4 hours 'chargeup' time prior to fighting
Bloodwar: 24 hours of (high intensity) fighting
(pre-)Bloodwar: 28 hours (complete cycle)
Ante: prize (10% of alliance bank 1 and 2)

Currently live in Beta; deploying to Live when appropriate.

1.) can't join/accept invite or quit an alliance in (pre-)Bloodwar -- No 'outside' reinforcements, no running away
2.) alliance leader(1/2/3) can't kick/invite players in (pre-)Bloodwar -- No 'outside' reinforcements, no mercy killing
3.) only active alliance members at the start of Bloodwar count towards Pop (those who drop from vacation into BW are prey -extra kills- for the enemy -> communicate!) -- 'inside' reinforcements; added firepower with the weakness of also providing your opponent with more to kill
4.) ante for Bloodwar is 10% of both alliance banks (down from bug 100%) -- Might go up if this proves to be insufficient incentive
5.) Emergency Temporal Shift (GloryPhase) and Double Strike (GloryStrike) cannot be renewed during the actual bloodwar -- Soldiers don't understand new realm, can't use 'advanced' tech (AB remains, for now) --> modified: now disabled during (pre-)Bloodwar. Full pacification achieved.

This is by no means a finished product - we realise that. While functional sub-updates will go through to Live regularly, the Beta server's version will be either at the same level or a step ahead.
If you want to test without risk to your Main account, please do so on Beta. The more results and feedback, as well as suggestions and other comments, the better the feature can become.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Bloodwar 'fixes/changes' (Oct29)

Aye! :smt060
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Nice start 8)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Support
Site Admin

Now live in Main.

Tested, nothing seems broken; one small step for Bloodwar, but a giant leap for war?
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

So does this mean someone can use double strike in the pre-bloodwar phase and as long as it is just before you can use the double strike until it runs out (even if it means it overlaps the pre-bloodwar into bloodwar time frame)?
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

~Odin~ #51 wrote:So does this mean someone can use double strike in the pre-bloodwar phase and as long as it is just before you can use the double strike until it runs out (even if it means it overlaps the pre-bloodwar into bloodwar time frame)?
Seems so and seems dumb to me. Why not just disable it in pre-blood war to avoid this simple tactic altogether? Nice changes/fixes though.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Support
Site Admin

4 hour period prior to Bloodwar is 'pacified/neutralised time', makes sense to pull disruption of ETS and Double Strike forward. Done.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Please add that in the 4 hour time period
that miners can be untrained and trained up.
Allowing people who are caught unaware to build up for abit.

Next suggestion
that a ONE time only untrain of miners is allowed anytime during the bloodwar!
To bring back the mayhem!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

Killable miners.
Spoiler
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Drahazar wrote:Killable miners.
+1
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

That was in the original version of Bloodwar, but was removed because nobody wanted to get into a Bloodwar.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Support
Site Admin

1. Bloodwar individual ME now recorded properly: if DM/DS/DSS killed on attack, they are now recorded as kills in individual ME records. Same for AM/AS/ASS on defence.
    Because of the 'combined arms' aspect of Bloodwar - attackers and defenders who march together, die together, so should both be recorded as kills and losses.. We will never forget you, Dean.
  2. Bloodwar alliance ME now recorded properly (basically rewrote the whole thing, too many specifics).
  3. (Past) Bloodwar records now public; once a war is completed it can be viewed from the "History of Galactic Wars" by clicking on the war title.

This appears to have created a 'too pacifistic' period, pre-war training/untraining will be normalised; killable troops at the start of Bloodwar will be used as 'target values' for kill rates and Curse requirements.
Support wrote:4 hour period prior to Bloodwar is 'pacified/neutralised time', makes sense to pull disruption of ETS and Double Strike forward. Done.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

how about stopping planets being used in bloodwar? how can people win a bloodwar with people have large planets and build little

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
IFLuX
Forum Elite

EbilEmperorCC wrote:how about stopping planets being used in bloodwar? how can people win a bloodwar with people have large planets and build little
No. Becouse it's part of your acc same as MS and C/AC lvls . :-)
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

i guess i never really looked at my covert or MS as a bonus... like planets are. no outside help is what is says right? you keeping planets in your pockets?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”