Tournament 17.5: Championship - Beta (bugs thread as well)

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Re: Tournament 17.5: Championship - Beta (bugs thread as wel

I see.

So the tier 0, 1, 2 people all became tier 1 ?

Should be a fun fight :smt060

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

There was a rounding issue, hence why some tiers stayed at 0 and such.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Ok it should be fixed, yours tier should be one of the below:
If you have done your third battle set:

If you lost first and second set and third set: 0
If you lost first and won second set and lost third set: 0.5
if you lost first, won second, won third: 0.75
If you won first and lost second set and lost third: 1
If you wont first, lost second, won third: 1.5
If you won first and won second sets and lost third: 2
If you won first, won second, won third: 3

if you have done your second battle set and still doing third:
If you lost first and second set: 0
If you lost first and won second set: 0.5
If you won first and lost second set: 1
If you won first and won second sets: 2
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
*rpm
Forum Newbie

I have defeated unknown being twice in a row but I"m 0.5
Sol
Forum Addict

*rpm wrote:I have defeated unknown being twice in a row but I"m 0.5
arena stats work btw, you can see kills, link should be on the realm page where the announcements are.
I have the following data...
*RPM [Omega Empire 2014 -- Ajna Unknown Being4 Level 10 -- *RPM battle 2
*RPM [Omega Empire 2014 -- Ajna *Marcella Tolva -- Indu *Marcella Tolva battle 1
*RPM [Omega Empire 2014 -- Ajna *Marcella Tolva -- Indu *Marcella Tolva battle 1

(player 1, player2, winner)

Sooo if you look at what I wrote before... you haven't finished the 3rd round so you fall to the the second paragraph and find what I said...
"If you lost first and won second set: 0.5"
So you should be 0.5
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
IFLuX
Forum Elite

i had only one match won first won second and i got 0.5 :smt100
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
*rpm
Forum Newbie

Sol wrote:
*rpm wrote:I have defeated unknown being twice in a row but I"m 0.5
arena stats work btw, you can see kills, link should be on the realm page where the announcements are.
I have the following data...

(player 1, player2, winner)

Sooo if you look at what I wrote before... you haven't finished the 3rd round so you fall to the the second paragraph and find what I said...
"If you lost first and won second set: 0.5"
So you should be 0.5
ok thanks :)
Sol
Forum Addict

Oook, for the onlookers that can't see the progress here is how the tourney currently goes:

Terminology (important to understand):

Battle: Current 1v1 taking place or referring to. (e.g. My current battle is against admin jason)
Set: What battle number is taking place. (e.g. I'm up to my third set with admin jason)
Round: The current overarching battle set. (e.g. the server is currently on it's 3rd round)
Tier: Your personal measure of wins/losses (e.g. I'm currently tier 1.5)

-CER/APP are the only things generated/converted whilst in the arena
-game stops when the maximum tier is reached (this is dependent on the amount of players), by 'game stops' I mean after everyone has finished their set in the round.
- Auto boot (or auto un-signup) if you haven't logged in within the past 24 hrs (this will occur once you have finished your set if applicable).
-Auto win if no one has one the battle within 24 hrs (bases PURELY on the smallest defence).
- CS is auto-filled to the smallest CS of your battle.
- Gain a refreshed account every battle.
- You will wait in the arena for every battle/round, you will leave the arena for the remainder of the turn change after your battle, in this time you can do what you want (as others can do to you too).
- You are partnered with someone of the same tier, which means sometimes you wont find a partner because there's an uneven number of people in that bracket, if this is the case the loser of the set (between some other player and them) will vs you. You just have to wait.
- You are re-tiered after every set.
- There is 2 matches minimum and 3 maximum for every set, depending on if you need a 'decider' round.
- Battles in a set are spaced 12 hours apart from the finishing time.
- When a new round is found, a battle takes place between 12-36 hours.
- New rounds occur when everyone has finished their set.
- new tier is:
IF YOU WIN
your old +1 IF you're at the current maximum tier. IF NOT your new tier is (old tier + next whole number tier up)/2
IF YOU LOSE
you stay at the same tier

e.g. our first round is round 1, we all start with tier 0, my opponent is admin jason, I win our first battle, 12 hours later our second battle starts, he wins our second battle, so we require a third battle, I win our third battle (so 2:1) therefore our set is complete and I am the winner, my new tier is 1 as the maximum tier at that point in time was 0, and admin jason stays at tier 0.
We wait for all other players to finish their sets and the next round is sorted out.

Round 2, I'm against Juliette, she eventually wins our set so she will go to tier 2 I will stay at tier 1, now over the side of the battle grounds, admin jason wins his set with whoever, and so his new tier will be (old tier+ next whole number up)/2 which is (0+1)/2 = 0.5.

etc.
You may notice maximum tier is always (current round number-1), however as the round is finished the maximum tier = current round.

Also
Rewards:
DMU: days in arena * (your tier/max tier) * 30 for quad dmu (or converted to LF)
Turns: (your tier/max tier)*4000 turns

So for instance, you make it to tier 3 and tier 5 is max, we took 14 days in the arena, so you get 14*(3/5)*30 quad dmu (252 q) (or equivalent LF) and 2,400 turns

Typical GotA title as well, and maybe some minor titles for 1st,2nd,3rd

It's important to remember this tourney type WILL go for quite a while. A fairly good idea for over-Christmas/holidays concept, fast-discrete battles with a bit of breathing space so time isn't much of an issue.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

ok, so there is a bug as far as I saw.

I finish one match (second win)
I get booted to regular ascended for the turn change.
After the turn, I get recalled back,
No opponent yet,
Income starts being generated,
some time later, I get an opponent,
My Income doesn't get reset, I should easily have enough to arm my CS and build a 23q strike with plenty of DMU left.

^

My view is....
When the opponent is given, both realms should be reset to blank slates, otherwise, if someone has been out of battle for some time, they could have an unfair advantage.
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Sol
Forum Addict

Antz wrote:ok, so there is a bug as far as I saw.

No opponent yet,
My Income doesn't get reset, I should easily have enough to arm my CS and build a 23q strike with plenty of DMU left.

^

My view is....
When the opponent is given, both realms should be reset to blank slates, otherwise, if someone has been out of battle for some time, they could have an unfair advantage.
Almost forgot to reply.
CS's are prebuilt depending, and I will start people with a pre-built attack/def etc, ready to fight.
As far as giving people some extra time, it won't be much.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frans
Forum Grunt

I suggest that there should only be one round in progress at a time. Don't start a new round until all players have finished the current one. In addition, when a player has finished all battles possible for the current round, kick them from the tournament until the next round.

The way this is envisioned is that the tournament is now a series of mini tournaments. You are only ever in the arena when you are to face off against your opponent. Once you've won or lost, you are again outside the arena, free to reflect on why you lost, and perhaps come back better prepared.(I had a quip here about the winner being full of themselves and spending their time bragging instead of preparing, but I forgot what it was.)

It also forces that all players have their accounts refreshed at the same time. You won't have one player sitting there with a day or two of DMU generation before the other other even has a chance to finish their prior battle. It is not fun when you're against such a disadvantage.

The hope is that players have less time to complain about how long and boring the tournament is, because they'll either be engaged against their opponent, or they'll be busy farming for every small boost in their chances to win their next battle.

There are a few things I have overlooked, such as how to deal with an unpaired player when you have uneven players. Perhaps let them skip one round? I don't think it would change anything as far as core functionality is concerned?
Sol
Forum Addict

Frans wrote:I suggest that there should only be one round in progress at a time. Don't start a new round until all players have finished the current one. In addition, when a player has finished all battles possible for the current round, kick them from the tournament until the next round.
1 round at a time already happens :P.
Already considered the kicking thing, talked about it on the shoutbox, the major problem with that is 1. you still get some people who get 0 time out of the arena, and 2. you now have people massing for a day and then becoming invincible for a day or so. Yes I could just stop all incoming/outcoming attacks when a player is removed from the arena, but then so what? You can't do anything, and nothing you couldn't do for the 5-30 mins your out waiting to be thrown in after TC.
Hence I just made it so you gain a few resources and your app still converts when you're in the arena.
Frans wrote: The hope is that players have less time to complain about how long and boring the tournament is, because they'll either be engaged against their opponent, or they'll be busy farming for every small boost in their chances to win their next battle.
I have looked at it, was my major concern tbh, unfortunately there is the two sides with both pro's and con's attached. It's just easier, and more fair, if I just keep people in and let some normal resources generate.
Frans wrote: There are a few things I have overlooked, such as how to deal with an unpaired player when you have uneven players. Perhaps let them skip one round? I don't think it would change anything as far as core functionality is concerned?
heh, that would MAJORLY change functionality (ranking) of the game.
Though unpaired players are just paired up with someone who has finished their battle already.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

Sol wrote:

No opponent yet,

^

My view is....
Almost forgot to reply.
CS's are prebuilt depending, and I will start people with a pre-built attack/def etc, ready to fight.

I only suggest that when the second round begins, (the point where the opposition is identified) the accounts are reset to whatever they are at the start (pre-built CS/attack/defence/whatever) it saves inequality, because primarily,

If I could win my first tier match fast, I could have 9+ hours to wait before my second tier opponent is identified. The wait itself is not the problem, the fact that I could begin earning DMU from income from the turn after my victory is, because that's 18 turns of income I could theoretically be earning.
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Sol
Forum Addict

Antz wrote:
Sol wrote:

No opponent yet,

^

My view is....
Almost forgot to reply.

I only suggest that when the second round begins, (the point where the opposition is identified) the accounts are reset to whatever they are at the start (pre-built CS/attack/defence/whatever) it saves inequality, because primarily,

If I could win my first tier match fast, I could have 9+ hours to wait before my second tier opponent is identified. The wait itself is not the problem, the fact that I could begin earning DMU from income from the turn after my victory is, because that's 18 turns of income I could theoretically be earning.
For the sake of boredom + fairness, I'll change it so they don't gain income or turns when they don't have a partner. Otherwise they should have an account to set up for another round.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Tournament Discussion”