Nox

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Drahazar
Forum Elite
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Divine
ID: 1957053
Alternate name(s): Drahazar - Eternal FS Leader
Drahazar - Leader of "The Original Collective"

Nox

Now I don't know if this has been suggested before but as Nox uses 1 G+R a turn, when you run out or have no G+R why are you then able to go on nox, or stay on nox?

It would give G+R more weight than just G+R market place, and you would have to get into G+R range if you wanted to go on nox if you didn't have a stockpile. In a war, building up stats to get into G+R range would be much more encouraged.
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Nox

Nope. :)
Nox require the strong to pay, and protect the weak freely.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Nope. :)
Nox require the strong to pay, and protect the weak freely.
Bias Admin colour
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

Im with Drah make the weak pay too. If you run out of nox then the accounts that are inactive but have nox set will be raidable...
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Raiding is already easy, doesn't need making even easier.

This was shot down pretty hard in the irc meet, nox removal, wasn't something that was ever going to happen.

The humans might have long left, but the Nox need to protect bambi and his friends, after all..

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god
ID: 0

so just punish the bigger guys doesnt seem fair they cant afford to use it but still they can ? maybe some alternative like using turns or something?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nox are not fair.
Nox are friendly though, to a point of annoyance. They will protect anything and being immortal, they protect it indefinitely, even long after lords and ladies of the realms have perished and nothing but Bambi is left in the luscious woodlands post-nuclear winter on your planets.

You just won't be known for your heroics or glorious endeavours while relying on the Nox. So is it payment? Actually, it is not payment at all, I misspoke earlier. You just won't get any Glory, and in fact, being known as a purring Nox kitten will work marvellously to reduce the Glory you got from your previous -but now gone- awesomeness.

Makes sense? No? Well, they are Nox after all. Did they ever.

Loving how all you aggressive lords and ladies are hovering in your motherships around Nox-protected worlds wishing they were gone. :D Sounds to me like they are one of the few things actually doing what Stargate used to. :-D

Could, theoretically, make Nox disappear upon 'too much' aggression from the one relying on the Nox (sort of like reverse phasing; auto-war sets in at 300, could lose Nox completely after 3000), in line with the SG mythos.
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

hmmmm juliette that sounds ok make it so
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Juliette wrote: Could, theoretically, make Nox disappear upon 'too much' aggression from the one relying on the Nox (sort of like reverse phasing; auto-war sets in at 300, could lose Nox completely after 3000), in line with the SG mythos.
[spoiler]
01[16:31] <Caprila> "Could, theoretically, make Nox disappear upon 'too much' aggression from the one relying on the Nox (sort of like reverse phasing; auto-war sets in at 300, could lose Nox completely after 3000), in line with the SG mythos."
01[16:31] <Caprila> Would take that to mean, after 1 account uses X AT in 24 hours, the nox do not offer their protection to that individual any longer.
[16:31] <kos> ?
[16:31] <&Paul> ^ thats an idea i can get behind
[16:32] <~Support> If you have a question, ask it. Question marks mean way too much.
[16:32] <fieldmarshall> I'd be surprised if you could reach 3000ATs within 24 hours with the phasing
[16:32] <~Support> And yes, that was the idea Cap.
[16:32] <kos> see prob solved...you can drop people ranks if you can sab attacks
01[16:32] <Caprila> 3k was just an example number
[16:32] <fieldmarshall> What is it's intention?
[16:32] <fieldmarshall> Improve raiding or for war?
[16:32] <~Support> Kos, if they have no defence, it sabs their strike. :\
01[16:32] <Caprila> no, its the other way around fm
[16:32] <~Support> Nox suggestion is for war.
01[16:33] <Caprila> if you use so many at's on a given day, your own nox is removed
01[16:33] <Caprila> not the enemys
[16:33] <~Support> 3k ATs used by 1 account.
[16:33] <~Support> Not on an account.
[16:33] <kos> ok your not getting me...
[16:33] <fieldmarshall> Oh ok, sorry, quick reading :)
[16:33] <~Support> ;)
[16:33] <fieldmarshall> I'll let Kos finish
01[16:33] <Caprila> Ok so.. another example
01[16:33] <Caprila> lets say you go crazy active, and use 2-3k AT in one day. Raiding, attacking, massing etc. Should you, (the attacker) be able to use nox?
01[16:34] <Caprila> the suggestion is no, you are too aggressive, the nox withdraw their preotection
[16:34] <kos> nm
[16:34] <~Support> You wouldn't in the context of that suggestion. :)
[16:34] <fieldmarshall> One would presume as an aggressor, you shouldn't be invicible yourself. Stands to reason.
[16:34] <fieldmarshall> The NOX as I understand it is to protect those who aren't sitting at their computer.
[16:34] <fieldmarshall> If they are, why should they be protected.
[16:34] <fieldmarshall> I like it :O
[16:34] <~Support> The Nox protect everyone, but despise aggression. :P
01[16:35] <Caprila> they do indeed.
01[16:35] <Caprila> and suddenly, kos has gone very quiet :P
[16:35] <~Support> It's very SG.
[16:35] <fieldmarshall> Don't affiliate
[16:35] <fieldmarshall> They'll sue.
[16:35] <~Support> :P
[16:35] <fieldmarshall> Not that SG is a trade mark...
[16:35] <kos> cant explain what im thinking i guess
[16:37] <fieldmarshall> Would it have to be a manual reset?
[16:37] <fieldmarshall> Might be less favourable...
[16:37] <~Support> No, if you have used >3k ATs in the last 24 hours, you won't get it, it doesn't take you off Nox.. just doesn't apply.
[16:37] <fieldmarshall> Gotcha
01[16:37] <Caprila> At used each reset might be the easiest to monitor, after the new stats page comes in
[16:38] <~Support> As soon as you drop under 3k ATs in the last 24 hours, it will protect you again. :)
01[16:39] <Caprila> Could lead to some interesting things in war ;)
[16:39] <fieldmarshall> The only issue I can see is, you will find less attacking in war.
[16:39] <fieldmarshall> If you attack somebody, you are effectively declaring war against the whole server.
[16:39] <~Support> lol, that's why 3k isn't the final figure. :)
[16:40] <fieldmarshall> Just making the obvious obvious...
[16:40] <~Support> It's just a spitball, would require some lateral thinking and evaluating. :)
01[16:40] <Caprila> ideally, it would encourage you to monitor your own aggression, and work more closely with your alliance. if you are near the cutoff, well you have 20 more in your alliance that can make the hits instead. rather than 1 person massing for all.
[16:40] <fieldmarshall> Yes
[16:40] <fieldmarshall> Very much like the 19 hits people do currently.
[16:41] <~Support> Oh, the bloodwar avoidance? :)
[16:41] <fieldmarshall> No, the war set avoidance
[16:41] <~Support> Ah, lol.
[16:41] <fieldmarshall> Hit 19x, no war set
[16:41] <~Support> Yeah, gotcha.
[16:41] <fieldmarshall> Pass to the next member to do 19x hit.
[16:41] <fieldmarshall> Kay
[16:42] <~Support> I suppose x numbers of hits on an alliance should set relation to hostile, meaning full war from alliance on another. >_>
[16:42] <fieldmarshall> That's bloodwar -_-
01[16:42] <Caprila> that would be hilarious though
[16:43] <~Support> Not really. Bloodwar requires 2 parties. This would just open up all of the alliance to more massing by the other side (and yes, make it more likely a bloodwar follows)..
[16:43] <fieldmarshall> Would be avoided like the plague!
[16:44] <fieldmarshall> Imagine, having a war setting for an entire alliance.
[16:44] <~Support> lol
[16:44] <fieldmarshall> Intertwine with Christmas bonuses.
[16:44] <&Paul> god why cant it be like the old days
[16:44] <&Paul> just one on one
[16:44] <&Paul> mass till you drop
01[16:44] <Caprila> something like, ~ 75% of aggression on another alliance = war setting, 100% = BR ?
[16:44] <~Support> And no BW warning when alliance relation is hostile.
[16:45] <fieldmarshall> LOL
[16:45] <~Support> >_>
[16:45] <~Support> <_<
[16:45] <&Paul> attack 5x in a row
[16:45] <&Paul> instant blood war
[16:45] <&Paul> do it right
[16:45] <fieldmarshall> Don't add further restrictions to alliances massing
[16:45] <fieldmarshall> They already scared of the bloodrealm as it is
[16:45] <~Support> You perceive it as a restriction.
[16:45] <fieldmarshall> I don't
[16:45] <fieldmarshall> They do.
01[16:46] <Caprila> speaking of warnings, is it necessary to make people tick the box, on every single attack over 80%? I know that gets a lot of hate
[16:46] <~Support> Only way you're going to get your alliance bank refilled quickly.
[16:46] <&Paul> necessary no but we like to make people complain
[16:46] <&Paul> by we i mean programmers
[16:46] <fieldmarshall> Refer to the 5x income planet boost above.
[16:47] <fieldmarshall> Alliance banks are full and ready
[16:47] <fieldmarshall> Anyway
[16:47] <fieldmarshall> Test the 3k AT thing on beta.
[/spoiler]

Nutshell version for the impatient :

-Attacker uses X (maybe 3k?) amount of AT, on the server, within 24 hours.
-Being classed as too aggressive, the nox no longer offer their protection.
-The attacker does not receive crit and/or nox benefit when attacked (by anyone)

Second part.

X amount of aggression towards an alliance.. whether its number of war settings and/or hits, results in alliance wide war declaration (becoming set as hostile?) on said alliance.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Caprila wrote:-The attacker does not receive crit and/or nox benefit when attacked (by anyone)
Realm alert and Nox are separate entities, why would realm alert be affected?
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Clockwork wrote:
Caprila wrote:-The attacker does not receive crit and/or nox benefit when attacked (by anyone)
Realm alert and Nox are separate entities, why would realm alert be affected?
That is a mis-phrasing. It only applies to the Nox-coverage. Realm alert effect on reconnaissance and sabotage will remain unaffected. :)
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

Juliette wrote:Nox are not fair.

Could, theoretically, make Nox disappear upon 'too much' aggression from the one relying on the Nox (sort of like reverse phasing; auto-war sets in at 300, could lose Nox completely after 3000), in line with the SG mythos.

Not really a great idea IMHO.. I mean i have people I turn farm EVERY turn for profitable hits.. I can burn through tens of thousands of turns a day.. Even if I am farming dead acccounts, would this apply.. i mean hey, we already have auto war (which negates nox for you against a player if you use a certain amount of ATs against THEM).

Would this mean that if you farm at all (to a certain extent) your nox will not work?

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.

Return to “Game Suggestions”