Super Bowl Champs¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
WeaponX
Forum Intermediate

Re: Super Bowl Champs¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Seahawks! It was nice seeing them shut Manning down. He was starting to look ANGRY during the 3rd quarter. It gave me the giggles.

Hi, Catsupmotor! Come chat with me some time.
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god
ID: 0

Guild wrote:Image

lol you have no clue do you

iv played both and American football is so much rougher and harder than rugby seriously you dont get the momentum or power in a rugby tackle compared to a american football hit, people seem to think the helmets help for some reason but they actually make the hit hurt more
reborn
Forum Elite

U do realize how dumb that sounds?

"people seem to think the helmets help for some reason but they actually make the hit hurt more"

Ok then go without?

Ive played both too and tbh Rugby is a spot u have to watch what your doing its very easy to snap an mans neck when collapsing a scrum, getting a boot in your face aint very nice either when on the ground and their digging with foot to remove it.

You wear the pads so u can get more of a contact, but its also there for your safety.

Rugby still has the contact but some of the moves u can do in American football is not allowed like u see them doing such as the very high tackle, doesnt mean it doesn't happen in rugby. Or even grabbing the helmet though in rugby u just get a hand in the face.

And lastly u don't get the momentum or power?

u tell that to some that to ppl that try stopping someone running at full speed and weighting in at 15 stone plus.

example Jonah Lomu 120kg almost 2 meters tall and could run 100 meters in under 11 seconds.

You try and stop that without padding. Let me know how u get on.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
atok
Forum Irregular
Race: nordic god

reborn wrote:U do realize how dumb that sounds?

"people seem to think the helmets help for some reason but they actually make the hit hurt more"

Ok then go without?

Ive played both too and tbh Rugby is a spot u have to watch what your doing its very easy to snap an mans neck when collapsing a scrum, getting a boot in your face aint very nice either when on the ground and their digging with foot to remove it.

You wear the pads so u can get more of a contact, but its also there for your safety.

Rugby still has the contact but some of the moves u can do in American football is not allowed like u see them doing such as the very high tackle, doesnt mean it doesn't happen in rugby. Or even grabbing the helmet though in rugby u just get a hand in the face.

And lastly u don't get the momentum or power?

u tell that to some that to ppl that try stopping someone running at full speed and weighting in at 15 stone plus.

example Jonah Lomu 120kg almost 2 meters tall and could run 100 meters in under 11 seconds.

You try and stop that without padding. Let me know how u get on.
LOL the distance people run from in rugby compared to american football is huge so yes their is more momentum and power in a hit , dont get me wrong im not saying rugby players are weak or anything i just think that people really do under estimate how little the pads do

tbh id rather not take a hit from either lol
Huxley
Forum Elder

atok wrote:iv played both and American football is so much rougher and harder than rugby seriously you dont get the momentum or power in a rugby tackle compared to a american football
atok wrote:LOL the distance people run from in rugby compared to american football is huge so yes their is more momentum and power in a hit , dont get me wrong im not saying rugby players are weak or anything i just think that people really do under estimate how little the pads do

Logical points.

I agree with Guild. Seems legit.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

lol most people who argue about such things have generally never seen a game of rugby and don't know the initial reason for the armour in american football.

i've never enjoyed watching an american football game before but i did watch the superbowl and thoroughly enjoyed it. was brilliant to see the underdog hammer the broncos so badly lmao also helped that my gf was rooting for the broncos and every touchdown gave me more ammo to annoy her :-D
the seahawks outplayed the broncos massively, i was rather surprised at how big the chasm between them was :shock:
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
Antz
Forum Regular
Race: Time Lord
ID: 21013

Huxley wrote:
atok wrote:iv played both and American football is so much rougher and harder than rugby seriously you dont get the momentum or power in a rugby tackle compared to a american football
atok wrote:LOL the distance people run from in rugby compared to american football is huge so yes their is more momentum and power in a hit , dont get me wrong im not saying rugby players are weak or anything i just think that people really do under estimate how little the pads do

Logical points.

I agree with Guild. Seems legit.

*ahem*

Rugby Football is a game of attrition, you make a tackle then have to get straight back up and get on with the game, because it's a near-constant game stamina plays a large part, American Football you're fighting, literally for every yard and inch, then others come in to do it all again,

I don't know about anyone here who's championing rugby...but Vince Wilfork weighs in at 147kg, and ran the 40 yard dash in a little over 5 seconds.

Fine, compare that to Cristiano Ronaldo (one of the faster proper football players) who (apparently) did the same 40 yards in 4.3 seconds.

Now just think for a second, Wilfork running at you (at speed) and with every intention of completely flattening you.....you start to see why pads are necessary, especially when he's wearing pads and helmets

@ Vimes, I was expecting such a big gap in terms of score if i'm honest.
Son of Mine wrote:He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind...
Game Over
Forum Elite

This is why no one likes all you frenchies like Guild...... I just want to revel about my team winning the big game. I follow rugby too. I am Samoan and a lot of my family play. But the point of the thread was to get love for the Hawks. Go hawks!!!!
Last edited by Game Over on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

because of that game and more because it will annoy kae i am now a part time seahawks fan lol
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Lord Katsumoto wrote:This is why no one likes all you franchise like Guild...... I just want to revel about my team winning the big game. I follow rugby too. I am Samoan and a lot of my family play. But the point of the thread was to get love for the Hawks. Go hawks!!!!
we all know how soft and precious you americans are :smt060 you need your padding to keep your guys from hurting themselves :smt056

I'm honestly surprised they aren't wearing armbands in case they fall into a puddle :smt110
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Guild wrote:I'm honestly surprised they aren't wearing armbands in case they fall into a puddle :smt110
Got to admit, that made me laugh :P

Super Bowl is over, moving this.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Yup, Superbowl winners over here!

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”