Weapon repair costs

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"

Base planetary fleet repair costs on purchase cost?

Yes - why?
30%
No - why?
70%

Total votes: 10
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Weapon repair costs

So, weapon repair costs are not at all based on how much it costs to actually buy them. It's based loosely on some constants.
Should it be based around the purchase costs?

For example, turning it into an equation like:

Cost to repair = Number of weps * buy cost * (1 - current power/Max power)*0.5

So for 500 mill of the best stock weps @ half power:

500 mill *3,500,800* (1 - 1280/2560)*0.5 = 437 trill

So if you save your weps before they explode you can 'save them' for half the price of buying completely new weps.

For a typical attack, it's about a decrease of 4% in weapon strength or a cost of 27 trill (currently only 151 bill dmu).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Moriarty
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: Ancient
ID: 1991944
Alternate name(s): ~M~

Re: Weapon repair costs

:-k
Sol
Forum Addict

4 no's, but no reasoning?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

It's probably a 'hands off my DMU' response :P

Current standard weapons prices are totally insignificant, the price of the advanced demi based weapons might be interesting with this change.

Increasing the costs might make onliners a bit more tactical, as it is now, a single farm hit one some random inactive is usually enough DMU to let you repair everything. With your proposed change, that would no longer be the case.

Back when you increased the cost of CS shields / weps, I don't remember many people saying it was a good idea, but it has promoted more people CS massing, as it now has a reasonable 'cost' for the defender. This change might also promote sabbing away weps.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite

Im either way but more in the way of no and this is my reason.

The cost of massing is already enough for the cost of turns roughtly about 500 turns. Now if u factor in u will have to farm as well on top this could lead to lets say 100 more turns

Now 100 more aint much but it all adds up most of all when turns are like gold dust.

That's just one target when ppl go to say mass they do maybe 3-4 ppl and leave themselves enough left over to farm.

Now if its 600 that's then going to lower the amount of ppl being massed, this is a war game after all and seems want to lead it into a stat building game.

If turns wasn't so rare or like main were u can trade turns then sure raise it to insane prices, but its not so as I said turns are rare and just means less and less massing.

There aint much massing anyway really because turns are so rare.

As for clock post about ppl sabbing ppl defences , I think not the ratios are rather low anyway, only reason ppl mass to sabbing is to kill planets, if going to sab it would b to remove a lot of weapons.

Sabbing 40 mil weapons for 10 turns ](*,) 140 tris worth just aint going to happen
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

Clockwork wrote:With your proposed change, that would no longer be the case.
My proposition is an example :P. I wouldn't care much if the prices stay approximately the same, but whether or not to base them on repair costs is up for debate. What the formula is can be argued over later :P.

So the current cost is:

Maximum of EITHER: (1000/(max wep power) OR 1, +5)* by how many weapons * difference in max to current strength.

For example:

Worst attack weps @ 100 mill weps, with 4% damage, i.e. 15->14:

Max of 1000/10 or 1 -> 100 +5 = 105*100,000,000*(15-14) = 10,500,000,000 dmu

Best stock attack weps @ 100 mill weps, with 4% damage, i.e. 2560->2458:

Max of 1000/2560 or 1 -> 1 + 5 = 6*100,000,000*(2560-2458) = 62,000,000,000 dmu

So at worst for those big weps (if you JUST save them before they explode), it will set you back a whopping 1,535,400,000,000 dmu, buying them costs 350,080,000,000,000 dmu. So about .4% of the total cost.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

I said no because if you don't repair and let all of your weapons get destroyed you should have to pay more to replace them. If you wanted to make it so at max damage it cost 75% to fully repair and scale the cost for repairs from their i would be fine with that.

Return to “Ascended General”