Finally a Stargate Game?!

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Finally a Stargate Game?!

Check this out :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oAaKsT6C4M
There's link to the official site, somewhere along the youtube comments (I rather not paste it here so mods *cogh* and I know just the one who will do it just because it's me posting the thread *cough* don't remove the thread due to breaking forum rules).

I've watched the youtube review, haven't downloaded the game yet..but man it looks sweeeet! :)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: Finally a Stargate Game?!

Looks.....I dunno, looks like something they were doing a few years ago. Can't remember the name of the project off the top of my head, this maybe:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvhqw0IQOc or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ap_wy7qRCY

Anyway, definitely not the last Stargate Game, not while mod's exists for other games. Depending on if they ever do make the reboot films, there will undoubtedly be 'official' game(s) released alongside them.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

We need to start campaigning!!
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Clockwork wrote:Looks.....I dunno, looks like something they were doing a few years ago.
I think you're right but this project has seen recent updates. It does look aged, although still nice, it looks a few years behind current graphics tech.

That said though, I couldn't help but think that it didn't really look like a game but more of an interactive tour. There didn't seem to be any objective going on, nor weapons or combat or anything that would suggest a purpose.

It would be great to see them do something useful with this build anyway. Fingers crossed.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I think, after reading something on their official site, they might have merged with something SG-themed, but I think that was after they made most of what is made atm.

It's true that it currently looks more like a tour than a game, but they do plan to make it in a fully developed video game as close as possible to the series. They are all volunteers (I think around 20 of them are working on it atm, but they are searching for additional 3D modellers and people who could help design game levels, etc), so the work they've done (speaking purely from what I've seen, 3D design-wise) is astonishing. Bare in mind that game studios with better graphics have hundreds of people employed, working on the projects for years. 3D modelling, especially something after the series when you are given 0 props and 3D models, is very, very time consuming and difficult.
Now they do plan on adding a lot of stuff to the game, from weapons to other people and other races, to motherships and other space craft vessels in which players will have the option to do SG-style space battles. They've already also constructed Atlantis so they will offer the option of going to Atlantis, provided you find a ZPM and a way to power your gates in the first place. So there should be objectives added, they will even make it a multiplayer game so you can search for stuff and go on missions together with your friends.

Heck, from what I've read, they'll even add the need for IDC code being sent before going through the gates to SG Command so that the iris gets opened before you step through, just like in the series :P Granted, just the very basics are done for now and a lot of the stuff needs to be made before it will be playable as a game, but it's the first time I have a good feeling about a SG game :P

I've also heard from a guy who said he had spoken to one of the game developers that they were planning to go on Kickstarter with their project, to get some funds and to be able to hire a few additional people in order to get the game developed as soon as possible.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “VG Expo”