Shorten the acsension list

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: Shorten the acsension list

Phobetor wrote:the only noobs that stick around are the ones that start playing and right away find someone and talk to them on skype/ingame. anyone who tries to do it without that will just quit.

reason being (my opinion) if you start taking to someone they can get you into an alliance and most likely give you a descent starter account (like 37/35 unknown) to jump start there GW gaming.
dear lord I remember when 37/35 UNK was a top account not a starter,

whichever way you go, it won't be fair on those that have been here since the start 2005, and grown their accounts over that time.
Less so on the poor sods that were stuck on LG for years (when LG was the highest you could go).
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Envy
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord

~NyX~ wrote:
Phobetor wrote:the only noobs that stick around are the ones that start playing and right away find someone and talk to them on skype/ingame. anyone who tries to do it without that will just quit.

reason being (my opinion) if you start taking to someone they can get you into an alliance and most likely give you a descent starter account (like 37/35 unknown) to jump start there GW gaming.
dear lord I remember when 37/35 UNK was a top account not a starter,

whichever way you go, it won't be fair on those that have been here since the start 2005, and grown their accounts over that time.
Less so on the poor sods that were stuck on LG for years (when LG was the highest you could go).
True, it wouldn't be honest towards older players. But I did not suggest that every new player should receive an UNK account.
My suggestion is to shorten the time between acsensions or remove some titles so newer players are capable to build on an account faster.

I think it isn't fair that players from 2005 don't get new challenges out of newcomers.
Spoiler
7 sins : Envy , Sloth , Greed , Gluttony , Pride , Wrath , Lust.
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Clockwork wrote:What kind of arbitrary maths do you call that?

APP to LFC conversion ratio is not fixed, the larger you expanse the faster APP will convert each TC. Also, APP to LFC conversion is pure gravy, zero effort 100% safe. Nothing stops you farming extra DMU it's not like you don't generate turns while your APP is converting.

Any 'new' player can follow the optimised guide for New Grounds and have a lvl 20 account on main within a very short time, such a hardship ascending the last few times to Unknown. :roll:

We want MORE progression opportunities in the game, not LESS.
by the time a new person joins the game they will leave before they know about the NG account.

in the end no newcomer will ever be able to compete with the oldies unless they buy an account or an insane amount of naq. because im sure the ms ratios and cov/anti ratios will never change. unknown doesnt mean to much. its the cov/anti and ms that really makes an account. not the ascention lvl.
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

what if instead of the larger your expanse the more ap converts, but instead it goes by rank?

might promote more people to build to get higher convertions. kinda have the same as gnr in main.

rank 1,500+ get 8b converted.
rank 151-1,499 get 11b
rank 11-150 get 14b
rank 2-10 get 17b
and rank 1 get 20b

im sure the numbers would be diferent but on them lines
Spoiler
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Please keep this suggestion restricted to Main.
Ascended suggestions go in the Ascended forum.

As you were. :smt023

Phobetor wrote:what if instead of the larger your expanse the more ap converts, but instead it goes by rank?

might promote more people to build to get higher convertions. kinda have the same as gnr in main.

rank 1,500+ get 8b converted.
rank 151-1,499 get 11b
rank 11-150 get 14b
rank 2-10 get 17b
and rank 1 get 20b

im sure the numbers would be diferent but on them lines
Envy
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord

Anyway, I started up a main account, and I have to catch up.

Shorten the acsension can be done in diffrent ways for example:

No longer losing ur recources (everone broker their recources with a friend anyway)

Cost of GnR is lower (Lesser time between acsensions)

Lesser titles (less acsensions)
Spoiler
7 sins : Envy , Sloth , Greed , Gluttony , Pride , Wrath , Lust.
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

An idea could also be, when a new account is made, to automatically post a link, like the GW Awards on the top for 2 months or so, to the help/noob section of the forums, get those new players to interact etc.
Without it, you are pretty much chance-less.

And I am still for more ascension levels, not so much newer titles, just Unknown level 1,2,3,4, etc. Make it a challenge again for everyone in the game. Unknown level 2 makes the bank even bigger so covert levels are possible above level 44 lolz, I dunno, something like that would make players maybe curious to do it.
Also, the extra power gained can only be applied to level 1 Unknown and higher, so newer players with a lower ascended level can survive...

Just my 2 cents.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

there is no point in getting c44 when there is that 5 levels rule and so much invested in the accounts :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

D3ath wrote:there is no point in getting c44 when there is that 5 levels rule and so much invested in the accounts :D
Maybe an idea to not lose everything once Unknown level 1 has been reached. Would solve this problem, maybe it just costs allot of Naq., if you dont have enough, then it will be the same as before, you lose everything except planets and ms.

Everyone agrees that the game needs an update, to get it moving again.
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

D3ath wrote:there is no point in getting c44 when there is that 5 levels rule and so much invested in the accounts :D
Cover 44 still would have a large effect as it would be hard for ppl to ac. There will always be benefits to getting it
Spoiler
D3ath
Forum Expert

Phobetor wrote:
Cover 44 still would have a large effect as it would be hard for ppl to ac. There will always be benefits to getting it
only if u try acing through def, but once def is gone it will be easy
ImageImage
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

D3ath wrote:
Phobetor wrote:
only if u try acing through def, but once def is gone it will be easy
Not completely true it will still take a lot of uu and if you have 38 or under it would be almost inposible
Spoiler
D3ath
Forum Expert

only the nobos have 38 or under nowadays
ImageImage
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

D3ath wrote:only the nobos have 38 or under nowadays
....point exactly.... from what im understanding is that we are trying to make it easier for the noobs. and keep ppl interested in the game at the same time..

doing this by adding more ascentions and by ascending past unknown there bank cap increases allowing them to get higher covs(but also kicking there account back to 0 like every other ascention)
and then taking some of the begining ascentions off that way they wont have THAT much more to catch up. and besided there are way to many cov 40+ out there.
Spoiler

Return to “Game Suggestions”