quantum bugs and balance issues
Vicarious
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: SISU
ID: 1972520

Re: Quantum Downtime Reporting Thread

ElgCaress wrote:Ahh ok.

My tech xp goes as far as connecting via IP when gaming, logging in to my router & pinging/traceroute in DOS. I haven't connected directly via webpage, didn't think GW would allow you to do that. Tx for that. Will try that in future ;)

ps: When checking if a website is down (I used http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com) would a direct connect still work even though i'm getting an affirmative from that site? If the DNS's were messed up, surely domain names and IP's go hand in hand therefor no access at all?
I'm not gonna call myself an expert by any means, but as far as I know, you can think of the IP address and the domain name of the site as the same thing. If you used that site to see if a site was down, I am sure that it would give the correct answer regardless of the DNS.
Dark Hero Siggies:
Spoiler
Dark Hero says:
i ****** up with cough syrup once
never doing that again
it had sorbitol in it which basically means... instant diarrhoea
plus we were drinking at the same time which meant instant passing out
now put them both together....

Dark Hero says:
there is only 362 days in the year

Vicariously Dark Hero 10,000,000 Naquadah 5,800,000,000,000 Naquadah Jan 08, 2012, 11:11 am Completed.
GrizzZzzly siggies:
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly says:
ya but i mainly watch it cos he's hawt
Da Vinci siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
well was in the shower
thought why not time to spair
i can multi task
then he started saying
"bend over pick up the soap"
Lord of Destruction siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
guys
first 1 to reply wins 1t
omg..
not even loid
ppt misser
1t out
1.5t def
omg

Tom just sent you a nudge.

Andy says:
LoD $$$
™Lord Of DestructiOn says:
??
Andy says:
lol
Tom says:
lmaoi

Tom says:
lol my friend from college has sex with his cousin while his m8 watched from a tree
~NAME~ Siggies:
Spoiler
zakb3 says:
i love you <3
Jokerz Siggies:
Spoiler
peter says:
Rocky?
Andy says:
andy
peter says:
andy?
Andy says:
Vicariously
peter says:
ahh
Brothers siggies:
Spoiler
wnpll20@googlemail.com (E-mail address not verified) says:
guild stats whats left whilst i wsa ndruun
druk
drunky
drnk
drunkl
drunk
FM siggies:
Spoiler
FM says:
I once went out...and started drinking the next day as well...
and I went crazy
I don't remember anything about the evening...
I woke up in my mates new house...new carpet...the works...
There was a little turd on the floor
Tom says:
rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
FM says:
and on my ass

FM says:
Maybe you think slower then you type?
So you do stuff phonetically
Like a tard
Tom says:
mby u should shut up
Random Siggies:
Spoiler
vintage says:
come on andy do it
do it!
do
it
!

Andy says:
Weapons Destroyed
Name Type Quantity Strength
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 2005293 5750/5750
Defense
vintage says:
he did it :O
damn you :O

Alexander Newman says
your a tard //
Andy Barrell says
FS ******* Special
Alexander Newman says
TL **Filtered** Lemmings
Andy Barrell says
FS Forgotten Socks
Alexander Newman says
TL Twerp Sauce
Andy Barrell says
FAIL
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Additionally, depending on 'where' the DNS issue is, such sites can use a different route to successfully connect, whereas your route might not be successful. :P

As a general fyi: as indicated by the fact that the old direct links worked (Forum posted the IP-links a year or two back), nothing changed on GW's end.
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

Cool. Thanx all for the info ;)
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Games been down with the reset of them
we have lost 2 market resets
now timer is stuck
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Thanks, Ras. :smt023
Quantum only - downtime correction forthcoming. Will be available to all for the entirety of the week starting after Monday's market reset.
Ras al Ghul wrote:Games been down with the reset of them
now timer is stuck
Bilbao Pan
Fledgling Forumer

Hey,
how is this going to work? a button to add a market turn availlable for the whole week?
or we get two free trades that doesn't count?
or something else?
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

Hello all, Been awhile :)
I just thought I'd come past and see whats up and whats new, been out of the game for a few years now.
So this might be posted in the wrong thread, It's not a downtime issue but a connection issue and this seems to be the only active thread in the forum atm.

Straight away I'm having a number of issues, Firstly I keep losing connection, like 3 or 4 times per turn, I'm unable to log back in or make any connection to gatewars server for 2-3+ minutes at a time when this happens.

Also whilst tab farming I've been signed out 3 times with "Illegal Activity".

Also, once I've been signed out, the quantumgatewars main page pretty much kills firefox, seems to have a memory leak or something associated with a plugin only being used on your site, Firefox process jams up at 25% CPU usage (Max for 32 bit firefox running in 1 core of a quad processor) and the memory usage spirals upwards as far as 1gb for the process, Ofcourse this all goes away the second I close the quantumgate login portal, so I'm certain its a you thing and not me.

So, just curious if anyone else is seeing the same issues, and/or if the connection issues are part of some ongoing gatewars server issue, as I've read numerous reports from facebook and other forums.
The connection issue makes the game near unplayable (Assuming I'm not the only one in this boat), whilst farming you can no longer connect for a number of minutes while all that tasty naq sits out ready to 'feed' some other lucky person who still has their connection, hopefully this isn't how things are now, cause I can tell you, years ago this wasn't an issue.

As for "Illegal Activity", is there some issue with tab farming now that I am unaware of ?
I know there was once an attack limiter to slow people up a little, but it never signed you out just stopped you from attacking for a few seconds.

Thanks in advance :-D
Kind Regards.

EDIT;
Just read the chat between Elgcaress and admin above, It's not an issue with DNS routing for me, tracert doesn't show anything abnormal and resolves the server just fine, The issue is the server is no longer responding to my requests, more like DDOS protection, which given the nature of the web portal based game its totally understandable if that's the wall I'm hitting, But given the nature of the game itself and the need to act quickly, this doesn't seem so great.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well welcome back :D even though your name isnt familiar :D but if u were mainly quantum player its all understandable :)

so first of all those lags and disconnects happen to all, but yeah i do agree with you its unplayable. Also it happens everywhere on all servers and even forums, as all of it is running on one single pc. These lags and server prolems started more than a week ago when it was even rolled back a bit, and is now persisting till now with ever increasing problems.

now that login page killing happens to other people as well, especially with older computers or phones :) its all based on that flying stars animation. And as its made on the loop it just sucks up your resources.

tab farming is that illegal activity and instead of stopping u from attacking it just logs u out :) you still can tab farm but not that quickly :) In other servers there are similar features implemented not on farming but on some other page refreshes.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

Thanks for the fast reply :smt050
Yeah I had a feeling it was related to the background graphics but wasn't sure, also I think I read that someone said the login page wasn't going to change so that problems not going anywhere.
Seems odd tho, I mean my PC while it may be old is plenty powerful enough to play all the latest directx/direct3d games, and multi-task the hell out of Netflix and half a dozen other windows at the same time, Just seems like a plugin or optimization issue on this page.
[Core2Quad QX9650 @ 4ghz, 16gb DDR3 1800 RAM, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 290X OC]
Relying on the fact newer machines utilize more cores and threads to bandaid over the fact one of the plugins has a memory leak is just lazy, also the floating stars are a little tacky and certainly not worth breaking the login portal.

So tab farming IS illegal now? (Not to be confused with Scripts or Macro's which have ALWAYS been illegal)

I'd prefer the older method where it just doesn't send your attacks and comes up with a page that says you've been attack limited try again in 30 secs :(
Logging me out and calling "Illegal Activity" made me worry, cause I've seen no mention of it and its always been how farming has been done.

Good to know its not just me, thanks again :-D
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

its not that its illegal to tab farm, you still can do it, but if you do it too quick too often you get booted
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Ace1102 wrote:Thanks for the fast reply :smt050
Yeah I had a feeling it was related to the background graphics but wasn't sure, also I think I read that someone said the login page wasn't going to change so that problems not going anywhere.
Seems odd tho, I mean my PC while it may be old is plenty powerful enough to play all the latest directx/direct3d games, and multi-task the hell out of Netflix and half a dozen other windows at the same time, Just seems like a plugin or optimization issue on this page.
[Core2Quad QX9650 @ 4ghz, 16gb DDR3 1800 RAM, 4GB AMD Radeon R9 290X OC]
Relying on the fact newer machines utilize more cores and threads to bandaid over the fact one of the plugins has a memory leak is just lazy, also the floating stars are a little tacky and certainly not worth breaking the login portal.

So tab farming IS illegal now? (Not to be confused with Scripts or Macro's which have ALWAYS been illegal)

I'd prefer the older method where it just doesn't send your attacks and comes up with a page that says you've been attack limited try again in 30 secs :(
Logging me out and calling "Illegal Activity" made me worry, cause I've seen no mention of it and its always been how farming has been done.

Good to know its not just me, thanks again :-D
tab farming as D3ath said is allowed, but limited to 10 hits in 1 min, its a rolling timer
Also refreshing too many times can also cause a log out
Going to many pages on the GAL in a row will do it too.
So due to people using bots/scripts the admins have chosen to hurt the rest of us who like to play, but that is how it always is. The few screw it up for the rest.
Ace1102
Forum Irregular

I guess gone are the days of farming the whole server solo in 1 sitting :smt043

Thanks for the info, that was my next question, how many attacks/min :-D
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Support wrote:Thanks, Ras. :smt023
Quantum only - downtime correction forthcoming. Will be available to all for the entirety of the week starting after Monday's market reset.
Ras al Ghul wrote:Games been down with the reset of them
now timer is stuck
I must be not understanding what you ment, but based on the others comments I guess it didn't happen.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Indeed, missed the target.

Some time this week. Still considering options in regards to this.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Support wrote:Indeed, missed the target.

Some time this week. Still considering options in regards to this.
Guessing not this week as its saturday :smt064

Return to “Bugs / Balance - Quantum”