Next years 2017 awards

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
killtacular
Forum Addict

Next years 2017 awards

I would like to request from the community anyone caught cheating should be null and void for any upcoming awards. I think a rule should be adopted. I would like to know your thoughts.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: Next years 2017 awards

Agree, and any past awards stripped.

Mind you not sure how that would go over given Admins own checkered past :)

Maybe add in a fairest and best reward for honest players (yes I want an award damn it ) :D
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Awards are voted on by the people - if they choose to vote knowing the circumstances of a player they vote for that is their perogative.

If you all don't like the player - don't vote for them it's that simple?
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

:smt056

cry a river boys
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

Agreed, if they cheat they should be out of the game for good.
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
~nyx~
Forum Expert

harchester wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 am Awards are voted on by the people - if they choose to vote knowing the circumstances of a player they vote for that is their perogative.

sometimes the circumstances don't come to light til after the event like the deaths of Miss4Tune, JockPrincess

strange how its the "alleged" cheaters anti the proposal ie Harch and Icebreaker
― Søren Kierkegaard

Tok`ra
Forum Expert

The bigger question is if they cheated, why are they still here ?

When did cheaters stop getting permabans and becoming persona non grata ?
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
dazman
Forum Elite

Tok`ra wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:18 am The bigger question is if they cheated, why are they still here ?

When did cheaters stop getting permabans and becoming persona non grata ?
=D> =D>
disturbed_one wrote:its a war game so if by us massing random peeps ruins the game for them then maybe they should go play with barbi dolls ;)
Trade feedback thread~
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=70898
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Gobble
Forum Newbie

harchester wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 am Awards are voted on by the people - if they choose to vote knowing the circumstances of a player they vote for that is their perogative.

If a simple voting process is used without filters for "undesirable" nominations, then what is stopping someone from making multiple forum accounts?? Especially if certain people we found guilty of making/owning multiple accounts :smt117 :smt117
Tok`ra
Forum Expert

Gobble wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm

If a simple voting process is used without filters for "undesirable" nominations, then what is stopping someone from making multiple forum accounts?? Especially if certain people we found guilty of making/owning multiple accounts :smt117 :smt117

Ironically enough that was the argument the mods used to call a do over for the first ombudam election on the forums years ago...... and I won the second election by a largee margin.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Cleo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 amMind you not sure how that would go over given Admins own checkered past :)
?

As for the suggestion, already a number of rules about who can and cannot vote for x and y in certain categories, I'm sure Semper will announce the next upcoming awards ahead of time, you could send him a PM or link to this thread.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Clockwork wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:43 am
Cleo wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 amMind you not sure how that would go over given Admins own checkered past :)
?

As for the suggestion, already a number of rules about who can and cannot vote for x and y in certain categories, I'm sure Semper will announce the next upcoming awards ahead of time, you could send him a PM or link to this thread.
the Ellandan-Coma scam, when she had several ingame and forum accounts; when she was the Harch of 2006. (the one people were trying to run out of game)
Just saying if awards got stripped for past cheating, wouldn't look good for games active admin to lose the ones they have, would it )
― Søren Kierkegaard

CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Femme STHU just cause your chin never felt the saltyness of scotts sausage is no need to make it shown on the forums every 2 secs LMAO

Your tge biggest hypocritical person in the game so Shhhhh
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Wow, new forum, not sure i'm a fan there Sup...(I also need to sort signatures out... gaaaadddd)

Anyway, we take a somewhat simple view to cheating. Cheating, if proven (very important point there) disqualifies one from an award based on achievement if that achievement was completed through cheating... ie. If you were given player of the year for having the strongest account but had used multiple, illegal, accounts to feed that account or had messed around with some hacking etc. It would not disqualify you from all of the awards as doing such may still qualify you for hero or villain (depending on public perceptions) or epic moment if that award ever makes a come back. Similar for scamming. We may change that approach depending on the severity or sentiment at the time.

As for creating multiple accounts to vote, you have to have a posting amount and we check. We check IP's of forum accounts relative to game accounts, post content, the works.

If you cheat the awards and are unfortunate to get caught, well, i'm a bit of a nasty pasty so you will get a ban from now until the end of time from the awards in addition to bans of varying length for both the forums and maybe even the game depending on how many souls I send to Support.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “StarGateWars General”