New Background

But not bugs.
zana
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

New Background

Is anybody else bothered by the new background and screen layout that just appeared as of today. Is there a way to go back to what it was as it is almost impossible to see or do anything on the screen with the layout and big bright solar flair in the background.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: New BackgroundIs

Yeah, can't see jack.

Nor do any of the menu tabs down the left display.

Posted pictures on Twitter.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

This does not match my observations, but there is a simple explanation. :-)

Have you closed your browser since the last time you opened New Grounds?
You probably had the old css cached, that should be refreshed when you access the game in a new browser session.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Trying that now.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Okay, yeah, you can see what you're doing after clearing the cache. Thanks :smt058

The icons down the left are not very helpful in mobile view though. Just a tiny image of a Stargate.

Game looks alright in desktop mode on mobile though.
Support
Site Admin

Thanks for reporting, Zana and Quina.

:) Browsers behaving according to dominant defaults would not require you actively clearing the cache, but from your screenshots it appears that didn't happen. Forcing browsers to reload the stylesheets at least once now, so there should be no further issues like this.
Quina Quen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 amOkay, yeah, you can see what you're doing after clearing the cache. Thanks :smt058

Fair point. Will look at making them a more distinguishable, or at least meaningful beyond the obvious intuitive - should not assume people know the menu by heart.
Quina Quen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 amThe icons down the left are not very helpful in mobile view though. Just a tiny image of a Stargate.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Fleets as a menu item wasn't there before, that came under armoury. It had me puzzled for a while trying to work out where to build a stargate too. Not completely obvious in mobile view ;)

Thanks for all your hard work :smt058
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Re: New Background

Just to point out that the command centre page no longer displays the higgs required to ascend. Additionally, repairing your stargate then redirects you to the armoury.

I'll report further issues as and when I'm here.
Nullvoid
Forum Newbie

I dislike the new look in general, but the new layout seems to have a few bugs to work out as well. For example, clicking on the Stargate Upkeep button in the Fleets area for some reason shunts me over to the Armory overview instead of updating the Stargate status.
Support
Site Admin

Patched. Thank you!
Nullvoid wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am For example, clicking on the Stargate Upkeep button in the Fleets area for some reason shunts me over to the Armory overview instead of updating the Stargate status.
Now displayed on the 'Ascended power' line - as "/ <required number>".
Quina Quen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 amJust to point out that the command centre page no longer displays the higgs required to ascend.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Also (maybe I'm blind) but I think the overall attack log is gone...can't see who everyone else has been attacking anymore.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Support
Site Admin

Quite right. That page (or rather, the way it was used) caused undue strain on the server - particularly due to a peculiar number of people reloading the page every second. Bless their hearts, I cannot imagine why.
A summary of attacks, much like the familiar 'farmers' average' overview, will be presented on a separate page in time. At a later date, the Overall Attack Logs can return in some form after a thorough review.
Mathlord wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:37 pmAlso (maybe I'm blind) but I think the overall attack log is gone...can't see who everyone else has been attacking anymore.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Sounds like a script to me...strange considering the lag between attacks and showing up, though I guess considering how few people play they didin't need to refresh the game pages.

Oh well...I suppose I'll look for raid targets the old fashioned way...by not raiding at all :-D
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I have a friend with SS who has been sending daily UU and naq. The naq doesn't seem to be being credited nor have I even seen a notification for UU.

It also looks like it before the change, it told you what amounts you were limited to send - I'm only guessing here but I don't think it does now. Friend with SS seemingly has no idea what the maximum is as he's sent 7 lots naq until the point it won't let him send more.

Oddly I still have the same amount of naq I did yesterday.

I was going to report this last night as I was convinced I hadn't spent 4bn (from the last donation) on anything but didn't want to waste Admin time if I had.

Turn changes are incredibly laggy too or it's completely broken at the time of this post.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Yep, it's dead Jim.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”