in game messages

brothercrit
Fledgling Forumer

in game messages

got this one today. My goodness theres some reel charmers playing this game.

macdonald yo f****** 18:53

your name should be sisterclit not BROTHERCLIT

Needless to say i wont even attempt to be matching wits with this intellectual giant.

BrotherClit....ooops

BrotherCrit
Silent Todd
Forum Grunt

It wasn't from "Tim" was it?
forgive_me
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

sweare words shoud be band....

haw about it forum....ban all sweare words ....and make some rules against the ones that ofends other players? :)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

after some thought, will add "block PM" and "unblock PM" to the relations page... instead of war being the deciding factor...
give me some time :)

(and swears are edited.. but i can't get them all.... or when people do th i s or t his or th is etc...)
Don't make me use this!!!
brothercrit
Fledgling Forumer

macdonald that was the players name. As for swear words its a good idea. im 32 so it doesnt bother me but there are a lot of kids that play this game and i wouldnt like to see them recieve bad in game messages. Thing that struck me was that id never heard of this guy before, but i spose some people have to make there amusement in different ways.

BrotherCrit
Savings Account
Forum Irregular
Race: Saver
ID: 1964218

How chucklesome you are blessed with such lovely PM's...

Forum should introduce a new targeted spam bomb inbox gate weapon for the pleasure of those who receive such insults...

New Account Fund - total savings to date - 140T
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I found it quite odd that Rid**** had declared peace to me. I'm sure his name was something else :-D :wink:

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

While we are at it shouldn't we have some Guidelines on the names of players i've come across players with all sorts of offensive names again i'am not too concenred but i no longer let my nephew watch me play anymore .

In agreement with Amon Ra.

There should definitely be some guidelines for player names. Something to the affect of, if it is not allowed in the forum it should not be allowed anywhere else either. Just my opinion though
forgive_me
Forum Irregular

contains old sugestion about baning swear words....

topic moved to sugestions
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Could we also have the ability to split the in-game messages into paragraphs??

It is possible to type them that way but when they get to the recipient they are just a big chunk of text.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I think that has something to do with the way either PHP or MySQL treats whitespace. As the message gets passed back and forth between these 2 formats, it adds escape characters and screws up the whitespace. It should be fixable.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

Wolf359 wrote:Could we also have the ability to split the in-game messages into paragraphs??

It is possible to type them that way but when they get to the recipient they are just a big chunk of text.

that would be awesome...
ideas_man

Sleipnir wrote:I think that has something to do with the way either PHP or MySQL treats whitespace. As the message gets passed back and forth between these 2 formats, it adds escape characters and screws up the whitespace. It should be fixable.

I'm willing to bet it's neither; it will be the fact that HTML ignores whitespace. No matter what type of whitespace or how much of it there is, HTML treats it all as a single space. What needs to be done is for the PHP code (when a user is viewing a message) to check messages for \n and replace them with <br> which will render as a line break in HTML.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”