Lend troops and weapons

scienceguy8
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Lend troops and weapons

I don't know if anyone has thought of this already, but here goes.

Let's say that your general needs some help in defeating another player. If you wish to, you can send offensive team members and weapons to your commanding officer to aid him or her. There would be some sort of limit, perhaps based on unit production.

Here's an example:

It Spears sends 5000 Offensive NID.
5000 Offensive NID came with X302.

In addition, scienceguy8 sends 2500 Offensive NID and his mothership, Red Walaby, to aid It Spears.
2500 Offensive NID came with X302.

Maybe the mothership idea is overkill, but everything is up to debate.

To keep things fair, you can only receive aid from 3 or 5 of your officers at a time.

Objections, praise, anything?
"In the middle of my backswing!"
Col. O'Neill
Stargate SG-1
"Window of Opportunity"
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

read my allaince revramp its like leding but it stays in ur realm but if they ever get attacked u will get weps damaged
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

hmm a good idea, but realistically NO! e.g a gaould sends weps + troops 2 a tauri/asgaurd, come on how likely is that going to be?
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

sgt.johnkeel wrote:hmm a good idea, but realistically NO! e.g a gaould sends weps + troops 2 a tauri/asgaurd, come on how likely is that going to be?

*points to chaos*

an ancient has already supported both wraith and Re'tu...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Suggested many times before - and rejected each time - defeats the point of SS to a degree and could be easily exploited.

Common Suggestions No. 18.
(This thread has become the link).
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
scienceguy8
Forum Newbie

To make it a little more fair, I have decided to add a few guidelines:

Troops can only be lent from officer to commander for a maximum period of 48 hours. If you don't have officers, you can't recive aid, If you don't have a commander, you can't give aid.

The maximum number of troops you can lend equals your unit production.

You can only recive aid, both offensive and defensive, from 3 officers at a time maximum.

You cannon loan miners, spies, counter spies, or motherships.

This any better?
Col. O'Neill
Stargate SG-1
"Window of Opportunity"
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

I must admit that if those rules were implemented then I would be more inclined to support this. I have always been against Commander/Officer transfers in the past because all previous suggestions would have, effectively, deemed SS obsolete.

I don't think the solution is quite there yet - still needs some work. Perhaps there could be a limit on the number of troops a player can receive in this fashion, based on one of their stats/technologies (mercenary control?) - or a new stat/technology introduced to allow effective management of officers troops.

There should also be some sort of rule that does not allow officer/commander to dismiss officers/change commanders while troops are on loan.

This should be limited to NID/Supers - to avoid them being turned into UU/miners.

And, how would the troops be returned? if they had been used in battle - some may have died, would the person borrowing the troops only have to return the survivors, or the total amount loaned?

A few things for you to consider :-D ...........
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
scienceguy8
Forum Newbie

The person receiving the troops would only be responsible for the equipment. The equipment can and should be repaired by the commander and any troops lost are the responsibility of the officer.

Also, because the lent troops are not directly under the command of the commander, the commander cannot train or untrain them.
Col. O'Neill
Stargate SG-1
"Window of Opportunity"
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Which is escatly why I said it should only be supers - otherwise there may be too much (complicated) coding involved.
Mod Speak
assyrian worrier
Fledgling Forumer

im all for it i think it should be.

im all for it i think it should be.
meet the true spammer (roar) i have a sig shop if you would like to see some work of mine.
go to [img]here[/img]
all ways buying turns at 1k turns for 60k, broker me at 82855
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

adding this to main would make main too like chaos, so no...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Tivadar
Forum Regular
Alliance: [TCOA]Equinox
Race: Altíri

dudes, tis almost a year old ....

Return to “Suggestions Archive”