Game Guide-place errors/requested additions & edits here

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Game Guide-place errors/requested additions & edits here

game guide is found by clicking "help/rules" on the top navigation.
done for main/quantum. chaos/ascended soon.
please use this thread for all comments/errors/missing info/info you want removed, etc etc...
thanks
admin
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

nice guide, well done ;)

You can only raid down to 2x your rank plus 10

thats near the bottom of the guide, is that correct?
i thought it was ten times your rank, not two...
RETIRED
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

thanks - mixed it up w/ quantum. reversed and fixed.
Chris M wrote:nice guide, well done ;)

You can only raid down to 2x your rank plus 10

thats near the bottom of the guide, is that correct?
i thought it was ten times your rank, not two...
Grey Wolf
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Also, on that very same line mentioned and fixed above the line is a little vague as to whether you add the 10 before or after multiplication. Technically shouldn't it say something like "You can only raid down to 10x (your rank plus 10)? The rules for math say Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Adding, then Subtracting, so the way it reads now makes you think multiply your rank by 10 and then add 10 to that. Or perhaps it could read something like "You can only raid those whose ranks are greater than your rank + 10, x 10." Just somthing to let noobs know the correct way to raid. Guess that's a difficult one to put into correct, yet easily understood, terms.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

10(rank+10)

At least, the old help file expressed it in a way that I saw no need for disambiguation.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
deleted
Forum Regular

Agapooka wrote:10(rank+10)

At least, the old help file expressed it in a way that I saw no need for disambiguation.

"disambiguation" is that even a word???? kind of ambiguous spelling lol. Anyway I understood it because of your previous help folder, and the only people that might be confused are probably going to be noobies. Every old-hand at this will not have a problem understanding your intent. But I agree the correct mathematical equation is:

10(rank+10)=rank limit on raids
Verna
Forum Newbie

(sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race x 10 ) + spies

"Covert Action: This is calculated by taking the square root of your spy level to the power of 2..."

I may just not understand English well enough, it's not my first language, but don't you end up with the same number you started with if you do that? (9's square would be 3, 3² you get 9?)
Phoenix of Skycon
Forum Newbie

That's what I thought too, but doing the math I still can't get the right numbers. Can someone give us a clearly written out formula on this please?
Phoenix of Skycon
Forum Newbie

I thought it might be 10 * (Agents+(Agents*Tech Upgrade*2^root spy level)) but that doesn't seem to be right.

Of course I'm not including race bonuses, but I'm asgard and not sure how that factors in for replicators and the ascended.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

While I'm not sure, think the entire equation is under the radical, and not just your spy level. So it's more like:

square root(((Covert TechnologyUpgrade)(times race bonus if applicable)(covert agents))+ Covert agents)

But I haven't tried it yet. Can't seem to find my TI-83
Phoenix of Skycon
Forum Newbie

The whole equation can't be under the radical because my results were too small as it is.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

Verna wrote:
"Covert Action: This is calculated by taking the square root of your spy level to the power of 2..."

I may just not understand English well enough, it's not my first language, but don't you end up with the same number you started with if you do that? (9's square would be 3, 3² you get 9?)
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

Verna wrote:

2 to the power of half of spy levels, multiplied by technology upgrades, multiplied by no. of spies, multiplied by race benefit. Add no. of spies. Multiply all by 10.

?

J.G.G.
simplest way I can think of expressing in words (even assuming I've read it correctly)
Revolutionary
SGBlackOps1
Forum Grunt

Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:
Forum wrote:( (sqrt(2^spyLvl) x spies x %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

Verna wrote:

2 to the power of half of spy levels, multiplied by technology upgrades, multiplied by no. of spies, multiplied by race benefit. Add no. of spies. Multiply all by 10.

?

J.G.G.
simplest way I can think of expressing in words (even assuming I've read it correctly)

no its the square root of 2 to the power of your spylvl then times the amount of spies then by %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

SGBlackOps1 wrote:
Jean Gregoire Gabriel wrote:

Verna wrote:

?

J.G.G.

no its the square root of 2 to the power of your spylvl then times the amount of spies then by %increase techs x %increse race ) + spies ) * 10

The y root of n to x is the same as n to x/y, is it not?

eg. square root of 2^4 is the same as 2^2, square root of 2^8 is the same as 2^4, cube root of 2^6 is the same as 2^2...

It has been some time so forgive me if I'm wrong, but going over these things in my head...

J.G.G.
Revolutionary

Return to “For Admin Archives”