# of spys

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
BigDaddyUnas

# of spys

Does the number of spys deployed on a recon mission have any effect on whether it's successful? Or is it just the difference in covert rankings?
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

u need enough spies to beat his covert ability so yes but u dont have to send a huge number just gotta figure out how many u need.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

For a recon mission two things (there IS more to it than this but this will get you started)

1. If you see ???? instead of the target's troops or naquada, don't bother
2. If you can see his troops AND naquada send them ALL, you won't lose any and you will see as much of his realm as your covert strike will allow you to.

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

and u can calculate his spy ability but i dont think ill tell u how with the info gained from recon
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Meodread of Losensa wrote:and u can calculate his spy ability but i dont think ill tell u how with the info gained from recon

yup.. i'll expand a little... if you get all of the information you need it is simply a case of finding out the value of each individual spy at his covert level and multiplying it by the number of spies he has :)

After this it gets a bit random depending on the race/what techs it has, allowing for max realm covert alert etc etc

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Meodread of Losensa
Fledgling Forumer

darn i was gonna see if he could figure it out
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Meodread of Losensa wrote:darn i was gonna see if he could figure it out

ha ha, there's still a fair amount of figuring out to do after the above is known ;) i just gave him a head start ;)

-Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”