Should descension be a duel?

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.

Duel or Not?

I want a duel until one player descends
36%
I want a duel for a specified length of time
44%
I want more than one player attacks
20%

Total votes: 25
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

I just don't see how it will work. What is to stop person A declaring a duel with B, just so persons C through to Z can no longer attack A or B? I don't know how much of a penalty would be sufficient as I'm sure people could co-ordinate well enough to compensate and still turn profit after the penalty has been deducted. Short of totally freezing the production of both accounts (A and B) for the duration of the duel I see potential abuse.

I think it's a noble concept but I cant yet see how it could be applied successfully.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Nutter
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I still think it should stay as Forum announced and keep it to 1 vs 1 battles, hardly any abuse can be taken, and everyone knows wats happening. Just make small adjustments to the udpate, not rewrite it with duels and everything
Nutter
Forum Irregular

EDIT: Never mind, Double posted
Last edited by Nutter on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dalek Empire
Fledgling Forumer

The main information in Forum's thread is concerning the effects of Descension, rather than the mechanics of the actual battle.
Ston
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: Ascended Stone
ID: 13514

so i wonder if its a one on one how do you prevent me from declaring a 1 on 1 on a friend permanetly? each week or whatever -this way i would be protected against deascension forever since no serious enemy could declare deascension war on me
Nutter
Forum Irregular

Well, then you should have something like if you declare war, it stays for a certain amount of time, then once it ends after a time limit, you can't declare war for 1 week on the same person, giving time to allow someone else who you have annoyed to attack and declare war. Thats just one idea of the top of my head, i'm sure they could stop that somehow :)
GenObiWan
Forum Newbie

blackadder wrote:What I would propose would be a pure ascended attack not involving the physical realm at all.

This idea is just crazy. Any attack on the god realm would have to occur only AFTER all phycal realm had been wiped out. In a literal sense how could you get close enough t oeven try to have a "god battle" if there are massive physical armies keeping you apart? And back to the game - would it make sense for some lowly peon ranked in the 1000s that focused all effort into building personal abilities to be able to attack the player with the #2 or #3 def and descend them? It doesn't make sense to be able to have a pure god battle without destroying the physical realm first. It would change the entire balance of the game and force players to just focus on personal abilities while forgetting about everything else in fear of being descended.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

If declare war maybe should be conditional on say 300 turns being used. These are exchanged for 20 Descension Battle turns that can only be used against the selected player and last for a total of 1 week. This would get around declaring war on you friends to protect them
Difficult to code but not infeasible
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Seriously, we do not need 3 threads discussing the same thing.

Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”