Idle accounts

Quetzalcoatl

Idle accounts

Mhmh... I was sitting in my temple and wondering about the nature of the universe when a thought struck me: can there be nothing done w/ the so many idle accounts? I hate it when I spy a potential target and it shows that the guy has 2k-something attack turns...

Besides, there's so many people that DON'T play at all => don't spend their naq => have OUTRAGEOUS treasuries => people keep attacking them and there's virtually no need to improve on youir defenses, as it suffices to put all your naq into the temple and there's very little chance someone will actually attack you....

[please don't treat this as an invitation to my realm, it is definitely not it :D:D]

so?
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Idle accounts

Quetzalcoatl wrote:Mhmh... I was sitting in my temple and wondering about the nature of the universe when a thought struck me: can there be nothing done w/ the so many idle accounts? I hate it when I spy a potential target and it shows that the guy has 2k-something attack turns...

Besides, there's so many people that DON'T play at all => don't spend their naq => have OUTRAGEOUS treasuries => people keep attacking them and there's virtually no need to improve on youir defenses, as it suffices to put all your naq into the temple and there's very little chance someone will actually attack you....

[please don't treat this as an invitation to my realm, it is definitely not it :D:D]

so?

That called Good farms lol .
Mango
Forum Intermediate

*OLD THREAD RISES FROM SARCOPHAGUS*

I think that idle accounts should be deleted, this would reduce the amount of 'farms' out there and force people to attack other players making the game more enjoyable.

I would assume that it would also reduce some of the burden on the servers.

The most enjoyment I have gained in this game is attacking other 'live' players and exchanging some witty repartee' over PM while we destroy each other. The least enjoyment is sitting there waiting for 'farms' to hit 10 mil before I go and get easy cash and advance my realm.

Lets cut the farms out of the equasion and start attacking each other.
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

OK mango if ur asking for it :-D
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

meh....u have nothing worth taking
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)
hidden
Lord of Chickens

cool someone else is reviving old threads the best part is when they get angry that you revived one :-D
Wolf359 wrote:I agree with hidden
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Inactive accounts are (supposedly) already being deleted. I've never seen it happen though. Maybe the time of inactivity has been set a little too high, you'd have to ask forum. On another note, there's also some accounts left from people who I know have explicitly deleted them. Apparently there's some trouble deleting these accounts. Could have something to do with officers/commanders or alliances, database consistency, foreign keys, that type of stuff. The delete account algorithm may need some tweaking.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Mango
Forum Intermediate

Predator wrote:meh....u have nothing worth taking

Oh woe is me, im just a poor Goa'uld *rattles cup looking for donations*

Alms for the poor, Alms for the poor :)

I wonder if it is a smart idea to have your forum name the same as your game name, especially when your not in the top 100...*ponder*

Lord Man......umm...... Lord LookSomewhereElse

back on topic - If inactive acocunts are deleted then players wont have access to cash crops and it would keep people on the same level for longer. Obviously it would be more of a benefit after a reset where everyone starts at the same level.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

i wish there was a assimlate option.................account is dead would u like to ingrate the realm into ur own?
Mango
Forum Intermediate

SGC - I suggested similar here : http://www.stargatewars.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5165

If there was a Damage Value assigned to a player then the dead accounts would eventually be destroyed and taken over by the attackers, plus there would be a bit of competition between players comparing how many realms each had destroyed.

Just another way of making a good addictive game better :)
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

How about this even better........Everyday there wel be account deleted and stuff why dont these account gets put into a golding cell and every day at the end of the month the Server will calulate how many turns/Naqada/Troops from each dead account and divede evelny to everyone in the server

Return to “Suggestions Archive”