race to rule ur alliance

Is this a good idea?

yes its the best.
18%
hmmm....its a good idea but could do with a few touches here and there.
47%
no....i dont like it
18%
hahahaha a monkey could have thought up a better idea
18%

Total votes: 17
_Predator_
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

race to rule ur alliance

Hey i was thinking that each alliance should have a race that they follow sorta......eack alliance leader has to pick what race thier alliance is gonna be ruled by then whatever they chose increases the % of defense, covert, income and attack but only by about 5% and this would apply for the whole alliance. To make it more fair all those who are not in an alliance will get +2% added to all thier stats and to stop people just making 1 man alliances to get a bonus ann alliance has to have more than 6 people to activate a bonus.
Last edited by _Predator_ on Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
I got banned...well now isnt that nice :)
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

thats a ............... Very VERY good idea :shock:
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Re: race to rule ur alliance

Predator wrote:Hey i was thinking that each alliance should have a race that they follow sorta......eack alliance leader has to pick what race thier alliance is gonna be ruled by then whatever they chose increases the % of defense, covert, income and attack but only by about 5% and this would apply for the whole alliance.

How about whatever race the leader is, that is the race chosen ;)

Makes more sense, since you said "a race that they follow"...which would imply the leader's race ;)

The idea is decent i suppose :P
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

OK who voted the monkey
prior
Forum Irregular

Unnatural selecyion would rule the game then. Even the pure asgard alliance with an extra 5% would be gone because extra 5% covert would take there weaps. And I dont know about the taur'i and the goa'uld. Are there even any decent alliances whic are pure taur'i or goa'uld?
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

prior wrote:Unnatural selecyion would rule the game then. Even the pure asgard alliance with an extra 5% would be gone because extra 5% covert would take there weaps. And I dont know about the taur'i and the goa'uld. Are there even any decent alliances whic are pure taur'i or goa'uld?

...I do not believe he is saying the entire alliance has to be one race (though that would be nice)...

Some tauri do worship and follow goauld, so there can be cross race relationships involving following a race different than your own :P
amnaroth
Forum Newbie

i like the ideea.

so far ive seen alliances formed by all 4 races....and where's the RP?

i understand asgard - tauri
- Goauld are 2 proud to serve tauri or asgard + they worship themselfs. u could have alliances or a *cease fire* with a tauri or asgard but not in same boat.
replicators....ha they like eating everything and they have all as enemy. u know all the episodes and they followed a line there....RP again the magic word.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

And where does this leave the lone wolf? Sorry, but I don't think it's fair to those of us who don't wish to stay completely true to the tv-storyline. There's other ways to roleplay you know. And this is a completely different universe.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
PrOdiGy
Fledgling Forumer
Race: System Lord
ID: 80371

I agree with sleipnir
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Sleipnir wrote:And where does this leave the lone wolf? Sorry, but I don't think it's fair to those of us who don't wish to stay completely true to the tv-storyline. There's other ways to roleplay you know. And this is a completely different universe.

If you're in an alliance you're not really a lone wolf, you just don't have a commander/officer, while in terms of benefits (+10% Naq & +10% UP) you may be considered a lone wolf you're not really one. So true lone wolves would be unaffected by this, since they're their own commander they could simply pick the benefit they want for themselves, a 1 man alliance sort of thing.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

daivahataka wrote:If you're in an alliance you're not really a lone wolf, you just don't have a commander/officer, while in terms of benefits (+10% Naq & +10% UP) you may be considered a lone wolf you're not really one. So true lone wolves would be unaffected by this, since they're their own commander they could simply pick the benefit they want for themselves, a 1 man alliance sort of thing.

The way I meant that is that those not in an alliance don't get a bonus, which is hardly fair. The result will probably be that a lot of people will form 1 man alliances, and do we really need more of those?

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

how about the alliance has to have more than say 6 people to be able to activate a bonus......also those who do not have an alliance should get some other bonus then like +2% to all thier stats. So what do ya think. come on lighten up its a good idea.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Predator wrote:how about the alliance has to have more than say 6 people to be able to activate a bonus......also those who do not have an alliance should get some other bonus then like +2% to all thier stats. So what do ya think. come on lighten up its a good idea.

Well I think that 2 and up is an alliance, so once you've that many you should get the option. Could scale the benefit to the number in the alliance, many hands make light work, stronger as a team and all that. Giving the lone wolves a small bonus to all their stats could work, would need to make sure it's all balenced though.
_Predator_
Forum Irregular

naaah 2 aint an alliance really....it has to be over 5

Return to “Suggestions Archive”