200th episode...possible spoilers

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

It was funny, but I was diapointed... no real furlings..

Let's face it.. the furling skeletons were all that was left of them.. they are all dead. The writers arent going to change that.
MGZ
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

~Phoenix~ wrote:It was funny, but I was diapointed... no real furlings..

Let's face it.. the furling skeletons were all that was left of them.. they are all dead. The writers arent going to change that.

true, furlings are going to be the big mysterious folks till the end of time.

I'm the General, and I want it to spin!
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Aetom
Forum Grunt
Race: System Lord

MGZ wrote:wow... why are y'all being so harsh on 200? I said it at the start of this thread- don't expect anything serious from this ep. It was portrayed all along as nothing more than the writers/directors/actors goofing off, having fun. and remember - Wormhole Xtreme was their (the SG writers') idea. SG ain't afraid to poke fun at itself.

This was comedy, meant to be taken as comedy. Laugh for cryin' out loud!

Indeed, if you were on a TV show for 10 years, and hit it's 200th ep (which is an anniversity (bad spelling)) you would want to something out of the ordinary too.

The puppet thing was....as you said Master Chief...gay...very gay :evil:
ha'shak ash'rak
Forum Newbie

well i thought it was knida funny,but i think the behing the scenes of the 200th before the episode was better.
In birghtest day in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evils might, beware my power Green Lanterns light.

broker ID=25514

mrhockey148@aol.com
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

Yeah those Behind the scenes are always good
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we think they meant it to contain parts that would each appeal to some fans, but all together have at least some part that would appeal to each fan...

but then, this was just as serious episode as we had expected... some of the parts were stupid, but the great parts made up for those... with good margin...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Toa of Pi
Forum Grunt

In my opinion, the episode was awesome. Absolutely loved it.

Some of my favorite parts were the 'reverse the polarity' joke in the Star Trek parody (which they also brought up in Wormwhole X-Treme), The Farscape parody (Especiialy since I'm a fan of that show. Sam looked almost exactly like the real Chiana), and the music for the wedding scene (when the crossed 'Here Comes the Bride' with the SG1 theme).

Then again, the whole episode was hilarious. I felt obligated to watch it again when it re-ran after Atlantis.
#?#

Just watched it, adored it ^^
MGZ
Forum Irregular

I thought the Farscape take off was funny too. Especially since Vala was the one to suggest it.

and if you need the joke explained by that one, ask it in a pm or risk ridicule.
jk :-D
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Toa of Pi wrote: the music for the wedding scene (when the crossed 'Here Comes the Bride' with the SG1 theme).

I laughed all the way through that.

Very funny.

The furling!! I told you they were gonna be cute cuddly things!!! They looked like Koalas.
Teal'c PI was hillarious.
The wedding music, classic.
Daniel puppet writing on the whiteboard.
The escape from being wedged between the replicators and the Goauld motherships.

It was all very funny. Star trek take off was good. Sam batting her eyelashes twice,a nd the sound effects.

Its good that the show can go out on a limb and just mock themselves so blatently like that. They were mocking the whole RDA thing the whole time. "Call it in".

Two thumbs up.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
samir
Fledgling Forumer

i think that the writers have been giving us clues about what's going to happen or happened during the years of the show...

There will come a point, when making a movie will be better financially than filming a series... that's when they will will the stargate series :(
GAT-X207
Forum Expert

BEST EPISODE EVER!

sorry for the caps but i needed them. loved the puppet part, reminded me of some characters from theam america LOL. this is the funniest ever episode much better than my previous fav ep (the time looping ep)
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
link_kub
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Bromus Collective
Race: Ancient
ID: 91245

epi 200 was awesome, "im the general - Make it spin" easily the best line in it
Osi
Forum Addict

don't bring back sead threads
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.

Return to “The TV room”