Robin Hobb

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Silk
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Robin Hobb

brilliant author
blooper

I have read some of her books (I was suprised to find she was female with robin as a name). Im finding the liveship series slow to start though. I liked the farseer ones and fool ones.
I have just read the first book of a new series she is writing called shamans crossing...its not bad but i still prefer 'fitz' :wink:
Mango
Forum Intermediate

I read the Liveship Traders and found them to be awesome.

Alot more 'adult' than most fantasy authors dealing with many adult concepts.

I found it very difficult to put them down once I started reading them and they captured me from the 1st chapter

I would find it hard to rate any other books higher than this series...9.5/10
BL1P wrote:Im sorry for your fiend and the toilet paper accident...
Silk
Forum Intermediate

yea the farseer ones where my fav, i didnt really find the liveship ones as good but the new series is really good, i think so anyway.
blooper

Silk wrote:yea the farseer ones where my fav, i didnt really find the liveship ones as good but the new series is really good, i think so anyway.

The liveship ones have picked up a bit now im a little way through. The new series is the soldier son one right?

OK if you have alot of reading time on your hands and a bit of spare cash, then you might like the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. It is definitely for more mature readers but I found them great...problem is if they dont have the books at a local library or you want to own them...then 11 books isnt cheap lol (But i had to buy them because i loved them)...the 12th and final one is out soon.

Dont let the number of books daunt you (they are not small books either :wink:) or make you think they will run out of material...THEY ARE ACE!!! Well worth to purchase so you can read over again (ive read through them twice and will probably do so again before the release of the last book...theres such a big story line you cannot possible remember all of it from the begining books when your near the end of them)

I got put onto the wheel of time by the same person who put me onto Robin Hobb... I Loved both authors! :-D
Silk
Forum Intermediate

kk thanks, i will give em a go
Finarfin
Forum Regular
Alliance: Deathwing
Race: Tollan
ID: 40002

Both authors are awesome.

I didn't like the new book by Robin Hobb :(
Silk
Forum Intermediate

what?
die die die die
Spacey
Forum Zombie

I really hope you're not telling another player to die, because of thier opinion. That would be disrespectful.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “The Book Club”