"Memoirs of a Geisha"

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Osi
Forum Addict
ID: 0

"Memoirs of a Geisha"

has anyone else read it. It has got to be one of my favorite books.
Last edited by Osi on Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
TigerGirl
Forum Grunt
Alliance: BAU - 2IC
Race: System Lord
ID: 65269

Yes, a really good read. As usual, so much more developed than the movie, with a lot more interesting information and more filled-out characters. Also, I find after reading it that I have a lot more insight into some things in the movie - it makes me enjoy the movie more. Although again as usual, the book is the better story (in my opinion, at least).
*purr*
AKA Cait
Server administrator for SGW IRC.

[17:58:20] <%quickshot84> cait...you are the most random person i think ive ever met =\
[15:09] <Kittie> Hot girl with breasts > Furry animal
Osi
Forum Addict

I thought the book was much better but the movie was pleasing as well
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
TigerGirl
Forum Grunt
Alliance: BAU - 2IC
Race: System Lord
ID: 65269

Oh I absolutely love the movie, I just think the book is a better story. The imagery in the movie is breathtaking.
*purr*
AKA Cait
Server administrator for SGW IRC.

[17:58:20] <%quickshot84> cait...you are the most random person i think ive ever met =\
[15:09] <Kittie> Hot girl with breasts > Furry animal
TitaniaX
Forum Irregular

I have it and need to read it...

I actually inherited teh book from my uncle. If he liked it, it must be good :)

deliriant isti Romani
si vis pacem para bellum
vae victis

Feedback thread:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 48&t=81867
_Rube_Dragon_
Forum Expert
ID: 1949343

yes i am in the process of reading it right now so far it is a good book i am like half way through it good book
You have started playing 30. August 2005.
MSN:Josh_COM@msn.com
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

I really dont like the book because I hate what the author did to the woman he talked to. Her life wasnt anything like that, and he pretty much lied through most of the book to make it more interesting.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
Leja

while it is important that the truth is told but i must admit that i didn't care that he paid all that much attention to the truth becuase u have to admit it was a REALLY good read.... was it a true story or was it taking a lifestyle/ job/ whateva u want to call it and turned it into a good book... and btw i didn't think that he demeaned the women at all but that's my opinion and i guess that everyone has a different opinion which is what makes these discussions interesting!!!

Return to “The Book Club”