Rules and You?

Forum for all general ingame discussion.

Is the behavior described bye me Cheating in your eyes?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:11 am

Yes
25%
Yes, but i dont care and do it
1%
I dont care
13%
No
10%
No, and i happyly use such methods
20%
over banking is ok but thats as far as i go
30%
solved w/ bank leak and space needed for trade to ->bank -new option :) by admin. 70votes behind.
No votes

Total votes: 69
S T I
Forum Intermediate

for the bigger players its a very minor problem got around easily. but for new smaller players its a nightmare. They have no bank space to talk about,

I had a new player buy 50 bil of me a couple of days ago, i took the time to tell him how to use the broker so he could get the naq & spend at his leasure, you need this extra time when you are new/unexperianced.

now thats all shot to hell,

why didn't he just add the leakage but leave the naq going straight into the bank, so you pay for the benifit, like a overdraft.

i can see good sides of the update, like stopping people transfering naq after selling fleets/weapons to other accounts. but i expect there is ways around this :roll:
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

S T I wrote:for the bigger players its a very minor problem got around easily. but for new smaller players its a nightmare. They have no bank space to talk about,

I had a new player buy 50 bil of me a couple of days ago, i took the time to tell him how to use the broker so he could get the naq & spend at his leasure, you need this extra time when you are new/unexperianced.

now thats all shot to hell,

i can see good sides of the update, like stopping people transfering naq after selling fleets/weapons to other accounts. but i expect there is ways around this :roll:

Nah, instead of banking it, you just buy a bunch of weapons (attack if you want to reduce massing risk) and resell them later when you need them. Granted the sell/resell losses are higher (15% resell loss verses 5% for non-ascended banking) but it's one way to "store" naq for later use.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Or just give it to someone to hold :lol:
S T I
Forum Intermediate

just added this b4 you posted

why didn't he just add the leakage but leave the naq going straight into the bank, so you pay for the benifit, like a overdraft.
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

S T I wrote:just added this b4 you posted

Well, he made the comment that there was no point in having a bank limit if it wasn't enforced which makes sense. Maybe increase the penalty for overbanking from 5% to 50% but allow it to happen, subject to the leak effect.

Personally, I would have set up the leak thing differently and made it more random so one turn you might leak 1% and another turn might be 10%, but meh. I rarely overbank, even when I was a small account, so this one didn't hit me close to home. I guess people that have gotten used to doing it are feeling more pain.
killtacular
Forum Addict

I dont see how it was cheating? yes the admin is doing away with it with the leaking of the bank but why wouldn't he just remove it and put people on ppt and just be done with it if it was cheating.

Return to “StarGateWars General”