Uni level physics is pointless

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Desnar
Forum Regular
Race: Tollan
ID: 27001

What kind of quark?
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

A quark is a subatomic particle, and if I remember correctly, would pass though most everything.

Please keep the spam out.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Desnar
Forum Regular

I mean is the quark an up, down, top, bottom, charm, or strange quark?
KKatastrophe
Forum Grunt

Re: Uni level physics is pointless

novus_onis wrote:This is an essay i have to do

Describe how the power output of a type 3 particle accelorator thats accelorating a quark at 3 times the speed of sound and how long before they collide
Well, 3 times the speed of sound - in what material? Really, if you mean in air, ~1,000m/s, you'd be hard pressed to slow down a subatomic particle to that speed. If you mean inside a particle accelerator, you are talking about an evacuated chamber where speed of sound is irrelevant. Also, how do you accelerate something at a speed? You either accelerate it to a certain speed, or at a certain acceleration.

u,d,t,b,s,c doesn't begin to play into this because the situation hasn't even been properly defined, not to mention that quarks have never been isolated in order to be able to be manipulated individually yet.

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this discussion... I need some air.
Desnar
Forum Regular

He is probably making reference to constant of the speed of sound at STP whether or not longitudinal waves like sound could exist or not in the experimental envoirnment.
The one who serves
Forum Newbie

Re: Uni level physics is pointless

KKatastrophe wrote:
novus_onis wrote:This is an essay i have to do

Describe how the power output of a type 3 particle accelorator thats accelorating a quark at 3 times the speed of sound and how long before they collide
Well, 3 times the speed of sound - in what material? Really, if you mean in air, ~1,000m/s, you'd be hard pressed to slow down a subatomic particle to that speed. If you mean inside a particle accelerator, you are talking about an evacuated chamber where speed of sound is irrelevant. Also, how do you accelerate something at a speed? You either accelerate it to a certain speed, or at a certain acceleration.

u,d,t,b,s,c doesn't begin to play into this because the situation hasn't even been properly defined, not to mention that quarks have never been isolated in order to be able to be manipulated individually yet.

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this discussion... I need some air.

lol i assumed people knew that particle accelorters are always a vacum so there is no friction to keep the speed of the particle increasing as u all know im sure enistens thery E=mc2 the idea of particle accelortaion is bassed somewhat on that eqation but as u can imagin getting the speed of a particle 300km/s squard can not be done in this day and age (even if we hade a naq generator lol)
Each man will know that his brothers at his side will have to be killed to leave him. that makes him stronger than the most herioc charge, or the vain screams of svage tribes. We walk to battle. we stand and they die

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”