quick question

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

quick question

Can i post other ppls prices to show that i have the lower price for a certain good?

is that allowed?
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

hmm thats a good question, could be seen as sabotage but its legitimate tactic in rl so i dont see why not here.
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

I got the idea from TV

Progressive car insurance where they post there rates and competitor rates and it got me thinking
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert

credit cards, banks, book stores, grocery stores, airlines- i have seem all these use it so i would say yes it is ok but mod clarification would still be advisible
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

The problem I see with this is what if they see your post and change theirs? now you have false or incorrect prices. I will ask around with the mods but I think it best if you don't.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:if they see your post and change theirs? now you have false or incorrect prices

excellent point. prices change here alot faster than rl so it would be hard to keep track
Lord Neqa'el
Forum Intermediate
Alternate name(s): Source of Evil

I would say i agree with lore, the other thought that springs to mind is that if you are comparing prices it would have to be without names otherwise you leave yourself open to complaints. There is also the potential for animosity to arise meaning that things become far more competitive and flaming wars/sabotages take place.

In theory the idea is a good one, however theory and practicality sometimes do not go hand in hand.
"Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Kopite mourning,
Why so many taken on that day,
Justice has never been done, but their memory will carry on,
There'll be Glory round the Fields of Anfield Road"

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lord Neqa'el wrote:I would say i agree with lore, the other thought that springs to mind is that if you are comparing prices it would have to be without names otherwise you leave yourself open to complaints. There is also the potential for animosity to arise meaning that things become far more competitive and flaming wars/sabotages take place.

In theory the idea is a good one, however theory and practicality sometimes do not go hand in hand.

Well said Neqa`el
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
ComputerGamerGeek
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Lego Maniac
ID: 83588

Lore wrote:
Lord Neqa'el wrote:I would say i agree with lore, the other thought that springs to mind is that if you are comparing prices it would have to be without names otherwise you leave yourself open to complaints. There is also the potential for animosity to arise meaning that things become far more competitive and flaming wars/sabotages take place.

Well said Neqa`el

Agreed.

I think it would be most fair to say that "most people are currently charging..."

or something like that... :D
Please click on my new trade feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=107421

My SGW Contact Info:
Email: RLuap1998@aol.com
(checked infrequently.)

Yahoo: westwingfan01
AIM: IrishPaul2008
MSN: DublinontheRhine27mNY
(usually checked at least once a day.)

Return to “Market Discussion”