[request] section for other games

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
ZenHouseOfShoes
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

[request] section for other games

I'd like a games section to post links to other games to, with one add'l request...

can i please dear gods keep my ref id in there so i get credit?

it sounds like a reasonable request to me since i have a ref id for sgw

:/

thanks for considering, either way, though

peace
Last edited by ZenHouseOfShoes on Sat May 19, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this signature ensures me that i at least have one of life's little joys today, that being the fact that it should be impossible for some mindless drone to yell at me because they confused my signature with my post. now i can die happy.
Obsidian311-
Forum Irregular
ID: 1337

this probably won't and shouldn't be accepted as it is against forum rules to post about non kingdom games on this forum
ZenHouseOfShoes
Forum Newbie

(edit: removed redundancy and added alliteration)
Last edited by ZenHouseOfShoes on Sun May 20, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
this signature ensures me that i at least have one of life's little joys today, that being the fact that it should be impossible for some mindless drone to yell at me because they confused my signature with my post. now i can die happy.
ZenHouseOfShoes
Forum Newbie

I've had opportunity to refer between 50 to about 8k users to SGW from each forum that I lurk and/or am active on, but have been unable to due to every gaming forum pretty much disallowing ref id's if not links to other games altogether.

Powers That Be,

i undestand that sgw is large already and what i am asking (as is) would likely benefit other smaller gaming sites moreso than sgw, as well as invite possible unwanted spam and even more things to delete, but if it is possible and feasible that this can be turned into a win/win/win situation where users get quality links to other games for in between turns or while on vacation mode, sgw gets good quality unique visitors that stay, and players that refer get credit, what would need to be done or what obstacles would need to be overcome to make this more of a reality?

(edit: removed useless garbage and changed "VERY large" to "large")
Last edited by ZenHouseOfShoes on Sun May 20, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

ZenHouseOfShoes, please try using the edit button instead of double posting.

If you feel you have a lot to say, you can take out the stuff you don't need:

if you have an objection to my suggestion, please dont state that your reason is because it would be against the rules.

or do, redundancy is fine by me, also. as well.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

SO basically you're saying you can't refer people to SGW, because you're too lazy... and then you say "So, I want a section on SGW forums where I can post links to other games." :?

"SGW is big already"... nah... it's not. Your frame of reference is to small. :P SGW isn't that big. My entire university could play, that would be about the same numbers as it is now.

Sounds to me like Calimero:

"It's unfair, they are big and I am small."

But I may be wrong, of course... :-) Has happened quite a few times before.
Archon
Forum Regular

Would Ford allow links to Skoda on their website?

This game is a business for Kingdom Games, why direct customers away to other businesses, that would be really bad marketing.
ZenHouseOfShoes
Forum Newbie

Jadzia wrote:SO basically you're saying you can't refer people to SGW, because you're too lazy... and then you say "So, I want a section on SGW forums where I can post links to other games." :?

I understand the confusion, if I have not misinterpreted you, myself.

My apologies, I did leave a big hypocritical inefficient mess of post-ery up there, as pointed out by Spacey*.

To clarify, no, I am not too lazy to refer people. I suppose I could go make new friends :shock:

My point is that I am unable to refer large amounts of users in fell swoop on many gaming forums, not just SGW, and that it seems to me a little silly to assume that most users are solely dedicated to but one free online game, and even sillier not to try to capitalize on that fact by allowing free link trading on their forums.

My intent here is to try to make movement towards fixing that, as it appears to be a general rule across the board at pretty much every gaming site, and usually one that is offered up as rule by administration (due to bad experiences with spam and/or fear of loss of business to other gaming sites) and not because of the majority of the players.

Why wouldn't we want to know of other gaming sites?

It just seems that there should be some way to refer to each other games that we enjoy, just as we are able to do in the music thread for songs.

Without jeopardizing SGW.

And I would be willing to do a whole lot to overcome the obstacles associated with such.

So, no, not lazy.

Just obsessed with efficiency and a side tendency towards selfishness for wanting to earn more referral credit at this game and other games.

Archon wrote:Would Ford allow links to Skoda on their website?

This game is a business for Kingdom Games, why direct customers away to other businesses, that would be really bad marketing.

The further the mind is from the wallet, the fatter the wallet gets.

True customer service relies on and demands superior helpful and reliable information in a timely manner.

What of the infamous insurance company that gives competitors quotes?

Sure, they get a commission for selling the customer to another insurance company if the quote turns out to be less.

So what can make this beneficial and efficient for SGW?

*: much has been removed or changed

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”