Ashraks

Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

At the end of the day, this game is really still in its infancy and it is going to take some time before there is a balance where everything can be counteracted and everyone is happy (if that's possible).

I envisage there being 2 types of sabotage mission in the future - dependent on whether you want to take out a specific target or not.

1 - Stealth mission - to take out a specific target, steal naquadah or gather info with minimum number of operatives and minimum detetction.

2 - Destruction mission - has no specific target other than to cause maximum damage - favours greater number of operatives with less emphasis made on remaining undetected.

What do you think??
Enfant Terrible
Forum Grunt

Maybe the solution doesn't lie in adding anything to the game but changing the current configuration slightly. I think with two changes it could be achieved.

1. Based on wolf's suggestion either place a limit on the number of spies that can be sent on a covert mission. This would require also changing how the success of a covert mission is calculated since one could almost never send enough spies to overcome the opponent's spy defense. Or setup a system of diminishing returns. i.e. sending in 1 spy could have a bit of success, 10 would be better, 20 great, but 50 or more would have little more effect than 20 but involve losing more spies.

2. Increase the damage done to attackers and defenders in battles. Isn't this really where weapons are destroyed after all?

Basically you could soften up the enemy a bit with some sabotage and then attack them to really do some damage. This seems more realistic to me.
ArcticDragon

i'm worried what that'll mean if the player is away, it could mean that someone could decimate an entire army while the player is sleeping.

i agree that it would be far more realistic, but maybe their should be a limit, like you can reduce the hit points of a weapon down to 1%, then the player goes into hiding or something where the damage done to them from that point is drastically reduced but the damage that the player can dish out is nothing until they go out of hiding, or when their weapon hit points are up to 30% or something.

i don't know, it just seems that players will be too easily killed.

-ArcticDragon

Return to “Suggestions Archive”