Selling relativly small amounts of dmu for tons of naq

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

S T I
Forum Intermediate

Re: Selling DMU for NAQ

You make some very good points most i agree with, but the problem has come mainly from people just taking the bonuses & not playing.

These acounts you talk about, me, included, do make alot, but i have played the server to get this income.

0ne of the buses that hit you, was me, but you did hit me first. so you knew it was coming.

yes the raiding of guided is a major problem,

people need to be able grow, but you can grow at a rapid pace, if you do it right. ( just ask)

BTW i don't sell DMU
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

S T I wrote:people need to be able grow, but you can grow at a rapid pace, if you do it right. ( just ask)

Part of the problem is that a lot of people don't know anything about ascension when they ascend, and unless they have a mentor or someone who does know what they are doing in ascension then they are stuck. Or you could be a member of an alliance that does know a lot about ascension but that's not everyone.

From my own experience I ascended blind because I simply didn't know anyone who could help me and while I'm growing now, I don't think it's as fast as possible simply because to avoid being raided for my income planets I need to build quite a lot of defence. Far more than I see on others.

I think Svarun is arguing a bit of everything. 1, the rate is odd, 2 income planets should be untouched and lol maybe that DMU shouldn't be sold.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Tekki wrote:
S T I wrote:people need to be able grow, but you can grow at a rapid pace, if you do it right. ( just ask)

Part of the problem is that a lot of people don't know anything about ascension when they ascend, and unless they have a mentor or someone who does know what they are doing in ascension then they are stuck. Or you could be a member of an alliance that does know a lot about ascension but that's not everyone.

From my own experience I ascended blind because I simply didn't know anyone who could help me and while I'm growing now, I don't think it's as fast as possible simply because to avoid being raided for my income planets I need to build quite a lot of defence. Far more than I see on others.

I think Svarun is arguing a bit of everything. 1, the rate is odd, 2 income planets should be untouched and lol maybe that DMU shouldn't be sold.

Like i said just ask, i have always helped people, what is the game without competition :D

i reread svaruns post & are you saying people should not try to grow? would this give these added power to their main account if there is more powerful players on ascension (because you are speculating that they would be attacked.)

Like i said some people have just taken the bonus & hold a pwerful main account but crap ascension account, if more people became strong in ascension, they could hit back & level the playing field.

so i see the selling of DMU as a good thing after thinking about it.

as for what svarun
said about ex COP hitting these accounts, well thinking about it, it would be in their interests to have more strong accounts to deascend these weak ascension accounts.

well this is all IMO looking at it from both sides.
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

the easiest way to grow fast for us should be start raiding those accounts that have over 3/4 of their army size in resource planets with low defenses, oh wait, that is suicide, they have DD tags....
Timmy
Forum Irregular

i agree with what you said svarun as this brings an unbalance.

people were tewlling me that they dont want to ascend with hardly any app and would rather buy dmu as its more economical. This takes ascend away from ascended really making an ascention pointless and not cost effective.

Thoguh i am against this dmu selling thing as for someone to get 7:1 rates at even 100bil a day is more than most bar maybe 1 of the strongest main accounts. Making it harder to keep up on main if you dont have all day to spend at a comp or dont have an uber ascention account like some.

Maybe a way to sell dmu but not to get main naq.

there needs to be another way that doesn't bring unbalance to both servers
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Orpheus wrote:the easiest way to grow fast for us should be start raiding those accounts that have over 3/4 of their army size in resource planets with low defenses, oh wait, that is suicide, they have DD tags....

:lol:, amusing. I wouldn't know, my nooby account's covert won't let me see over the steering wheel, let alone drive the car.
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

The way I read it its just one big "WTH are you ppl thinking" directed towards guys spending dozens of trillions of naq for ascended. Trillions that mean quite a lot here, where you can become competative, for dmu "up there" where the balance of power and gameplay is such that the only thing you get is an illusion of competativnes... a big sacrifice down here for what is pocketchange for those you`re trying to catch up with up there. And at the end of the day, a bus will come (lol) and the grand total will be: you`re the same beggar up there, and down here, where catching up is/was really possible? Instead of catching up I`ve financed the same guys to pull away from me. Go figure heh.
Toon_PDT_13
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
Sinister
Forum Irregular

There are only 4 people i can think of that makes trillions a day, none of us sell DMU for naq.
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
S T I
Forum Intermediate

I must have read it right because others are saying the same, don't try to play ascension because you are just feeding the big guys.

the problem with ascension has been the lack of active accounts, now people are trying to play, they are telling them not to :shock: why

could it be like i said, some people are worried that if enough good accounts are in ascension & matched by good ones in main, this will unbalance their game?

The very large players in ascension don't do what you say will happen & it will also happen to the ones below as they grow, the ones below those are only affected by the ones above, this is the game play & always will be.

more active accounts is the only solution to the problem ](*,)

PS

If some one ells me i can't do something, i go out of my way to prove them wrong.

when I came bak after taking a 3 month break, in ascension I was not even in the TOP 20 IP, as for the ones ranked 1 & 2 they were out of sight.

People said they were to far ahead, well i can tell you I am now rank 3 & they are not out of sight, if i can do it, so can anyone. I have not bought any DMU of anyone, it has all been done with hard work.

& do you know who i got the most help of, with advice, is the top 2.

now i do the same, pass on what i have learnt.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

That would be the fourth issue I have not mention...not directly...

Tell me Jeff am I a type of person that backs down when all odds are against him...or am I the type of person that will find a way around it...
Want to know who wanted to bring former DBD players back and involve some new ones...?
It was a crazy idea...
But you know me Jeff I was in omega and while I was leaving the game/and with it omega I had my first noobish crazy idea (before that there were smaller ones if you guys still have the old omega forum you can check it up under the name AeSiR...I had quite a few crazy ideas, some more and some less noobish)
Then I came back from ST there was DBD and then the eXtremer journey...and my "crazy" idea to fight alongside with him us and a couple of ppl against the omega and basically everybody in GA that would poke their nose in...
Yeah well from the start of the war I have also got a few of crazy ideas...you know how many of us were there...and what ascensions acounts we had...NO? well me and eX had two in top 5. I think that tells you something...also spartans acount wasnt so bad. Tell me what were we able to do with those acounts...
eXtremer mass-raided a few of omegans...while I had yet anphter crazy idea where I would for the whole month invest into massive invaders and the rest of the naq would go to defence weps. Then on the "D" day I sold my defencive weps that were way more then massive defenders numbers...and used the naq to arm all my massiv invaders. which at the time brought the total of 24 bils in attack. And to give you and idea of what that was at the time, I can tell you that mr. Mojo had then rank one strike beforehand...and it was 14 bils...or anohter comparison...where mr. ETL had at the time 21 bils in defence.
So I used my super truper attack mass-raided etl and then a few of omegans...what happens then is what will happen to everybody in ascension only that now it is worse...I ll explain. I was massraided back...but because I was just one guy...and had 2000 attack turns not to mention probably 90% of the top 50 were on my ass I wasnt just like mass-raided like ETL (1/3 of his army or so) but after it said this realm has blablabla...they would just wait...until I was the guy who was rank 250 in influence or smth...this is how bad it was.
Now some would say boy was going against all odds..and he had some ideas...he did try...he didnt just make quick ascensions...he actually spent time on his ascension acount...and in the end he was back to stone age. Now the problem today...You cannot even make kamikaze...standing up or making equal force is I would put my money on imposible...but now even kamikaze wont work...why? Because someone put the limit that says 30k = max raid so that means...that all good acounts but not top can be smashed to nothing...while all top acounts will suffer a few % damage (in total planets )
So you basically want me to spend the rest four ascensions I have ...to waste my main acount and to help you guys grow...because I know it...and you know it...wars come in cycle...and when a war would come (with the eX COP or smth) I would be again back to the ston age...and it wouldnt matter how much I would put into acount. What you here are saying is if S T I can do it...so can I. Now let me ask you this Jeff what happened to ETL....I mass raided him...surely he was down...nope...he simply took the planets back from others and was ok. Then made a couple of power boost ascensions like you just did....and he is top again. Why is that...because Jeff he was COP. And atm he has XYZ acounts waiting to jump on everybody who would try him. If you are telling me I can make top main players or perhaps my entire alliance ascend like some donkeys...wasting our main acounts...and making it through a couple of months (because it takes time before you are top and all dangerous)risking it all on dumb luck (to not get in war with former COP ) then my dear Jeff you believe in miracles.
Yes there would be ways to do that but not with serious changes in ascension.

That would be all, I hope I have not ofended you in any way Jeff, if you feel that I have...I am truely sorry...

For the end...many ppl give up and do not go through hardships...dont have patience etc...I am not one of those ppl Jeff, I am just one of those who refuses to move a muscle untill the conditions are met...
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
S T I
Forum Intermediate

:lol: no I am not offended in any way, what i am saying is if there are enough good accounts in ascension out side of DD/Omega it would make it a lot more enjoyable for all. Like i said i do agree with a lot what you say but to tell people not to try, is not going to help, if buying DMU speeds things up, i am all for it.

do I want to be sitting at rank 1 with no one even bothering to chase me, hell no, what would be the point of gaining Rank 1.

We should be encouraging people to play & do what ever we can to speed thsi up. not for people like me but for the many others who are in the zone when compertition is fierce. more players= better playing conditions.
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

when u get hit by a bus, pick ur ass up and get back on with the game
people raid me, i raid other people and so on. no one is invincable.

and for the record, buying dmu is good in my eyes. helps my ascended account when i have a excess of naq.

We should be encouraging people to play & do what ever we can to speed thsi up. not for people like me but for the many others who are in the zone when compertition is fierce. more players= better playing conditions.

competition with my alliance mates is what keeps me going. i dont care if im never number one overall, but i could atleast be number one in my alliance and be happy.
RETIRED
Taure
Forum Irregular
Race: Asuran
ID: 25525

I agree in general with what you're saying, but not every war in ascended involves the ex-COP...

So, 1tril DMU certainly won't help me catch up the big guys of ascended (Mujo, Sinister, etc.) by any means, but it'll enable me to wage ascended war effectively against smaller alliances...like, for example, FAHQ...lol.

I personally quite like the ascended server, and am all for increased activity there, and if DMU selling does that, then yay.

But I agree with what you're saying about main being distorted by these trades, though it could be argued that those who are selling the DMU are simply reaping the benefits of being bothered to play ascended and ascend properly...tens of millions of UU have gone into those ascension accounts.

At the moment, I think the distortion in main is limited due to the very small amount of people actually buying DMU (theres like, 4 topics in the whole of the market for it) but if it were to become more widespread then it could become a problem. But then again, if it's becoming more widespread, then everyone's benefiting, right?

Lol, I don't seem to be able to make up my mind. All I know is that, even though I know I couldn't catch up the bigger guys, 1 tril (or even a couple hundred bills) of DMU in ascended would not go amiss...
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

Making guided planets unraidable will create the safety needed so that ppl will start building up there...and then you may get the so desired competition...
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Ascension is unbalanced because people chose to quick ascend and then forget about their ascension accounts. Those of you who did forsaken your ascended account, caused the few who played it to suffer. Now quick ascending as a whole isn't too bad. Let me tell you all a secret, Mojo Rising did prophet though living god in a month. You know why he's the best account in ascension right now? Because he played his ascension account, and because he ascended after he reached LG+1.

Now the rates that you complain about. When you ascend your rates on UP cost to APP return is about 1:18. That doesn't count the naq you have to send up, the UU you lose, or the trained units, the mothership, or the spy levels. So 1:7 sounds a lot better than ascending doesn't it? That's where the rates came from.

And yes, if you raid DD, DD is going to slaughter you. So let's put that in the context of main. SVARUN, if I was to mass you today, would The Legion be massing me back? I'm pretty sure they would. It works the same way.

Orpheus wrote:the easiest way to grow fast for us should be start raiding those accounts that have over 3/4 of their army size in resource planets with low defenses, oh wait, that is suicide, they have DD tags....

Ok, so 4/5ths of my army size is in resource planets. You can feel free to try and raid me. But I think you'll find you come up short for strike. ;)

Return to “Market Discussion”