When you run out of defense people to kill.

daivahataka
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

foreigner wrote:I agree with doughy. There should be negative impacts in "war."

As such, I think half of one's units would be the way to go.

in reference to daivahataka's comment- Being able to kill double UP is nice in theory, however that only sets a person back for two days. In the grand scheme of things, two days is not very long at all. While it would be sad to see someone lose a ton of units overnight, it is a war game and should be expected. As long as people know the rules of the game, they can plan for it and make the best of any given situation.

But remember, this is AFTER you've already wiped out all their defence troops, so you'll probably be looking at a much longer rebuild.
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

It should take some time to rebuild. In a real war, it takes time to rebuild after any type of action. Why should it not be the same here?
Of course you are right that it would take some time to rebuild w/out defenses. However it does not take that long. I mean, I could completely buy all of my defensive stuff back in a week absolute tops. The loss of untrained is where it would be felt the most, at least in my case.
Better for everyone to think you are a fool, than for you to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Replicator_Hector
Forum Newbie

ok heres my thoughts. if you want to make untrained killable, also make trained troops produce naq. but to the point of the actual killing, have untrained die at a rate of 2-1 or 3-1 so if a huge player attacks a smaller player and runs out of attack troops to kill the untrained die as well. this way all weapons are always manned.
Long Live Replicators! Long Live Unnatural Selection!
Tain wrote:My replicator strategy:
1. Skitter around making various mechanical bug noises.
2. Replicate.
Sleipnir wrote:"Click click whirr buzz cree!!!!" :lol:
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

foreigner wrote:It should take some time to rebuild. In a real war, it takes time to rebuild after any type of action. Why should it not be the same here?
Of course you are right that it would take some time to rebuild w/out defenses. However it does not take that long. I mean, I could completely buy all of my defensive stuff back in a week absolute tops. The loss of untrained is where it would be felt the most, at least in my case.

And since it's doubtful they'd be back up to anything near full defence a day after you kill loads of their untrained you'd have an easier time breaking through again, to kill more of their untrained, and so on, and so on. Hence why a restriction relative to UP is necessary, otherwise it's quite possible to entirely wipe out a player in a single day, even with the restriction you can still do it over a couple of weeks (since to create trained they'll be losing untrained on top of the daily UP you kill so they'll slowly be getting even weaker).
trinity
Fledgling Forumer

I agree with you, however I think they should feel it. It is true some, would probably be taken down hard. So I am willing to have a limit on it, its just that I think the limit should be close to what wolf suggested a page or two back. This could be over a few days time if that would make you feel better...
Better for everyone to think you are a fool, than for you to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

I don't know, even if it were spread over a few days 50% of your trained troops would still be far too much, having any large amount destroyable runs the risk of a few people buying their way to the top and then keeping everyone else crippled by regularly swarming against anyone who could possibly ever challenge them. At least with what I suggest they'd have to focus on one person at a time, over a few days to really destroy them like this.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

*bump*
Just reviving this as I think there should be some way to deal with people who artificially keep their rank low with zero defence, afterall, if you attacked a fort with no defences does that mean that everyone inside remains unharmed? No, it means they're easy pickings.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”