A possible solution to the untouchable spy saga........

Should we have Spy Turns as suggested in Wolf's post?

Yes - seems like a marvellous idea!
31%
No - don't be silly Wolf! (Please explain)
56%
Possibly - with modification. (Please explain)
13%

Total votes: 16
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Wolf359 wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
curiousmanners wrote:I think it's a very good idea being the victim of a sabatuer recently except the idea needs tweeking maybe do away with the whole defense part and if admin wants add weapons for defense against sabatuers to decrease effects its been talked about already but covert capacity isn't how many turns you have it's how tired your spies are the more you use them the lower the capacity the less effective they are

it's how many times you can spy/sabotage on someone, i know i've seen someone run out of them before.

in essence they ARE covert turns.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

We're getting into the nuances of the language again here Psi!!!!!!!!

No, i don't believe so Wolf359 and i don't believe you were last time you said it either, so that's twice now ain't it buddy...
...Psi is merely trying to point out that what you suggest is going to open up a whole new can o' worms, it certainly would not improve things at all and i don't really see either how it would have any bearing on the game good or bad, and i tell you why... There are already covert turns in the game and it costs you 1 turn to recon and 2 to sabotage, now if what you are suggesting is that recon and sabotage should yeild better results the more turns you use then yes, i can see your point.. but please, try to refrain from diverting the attention from what is being said by readers of your poll by simply saying that the response you are getting from them is out of context, i assure you.. it is not :)

Goo
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
curiousmanners wrote:I think it's a very good idea being the victim of a sabatuer recently except the idea needs tweeking maybe do away with the whole defense part and if admin wants add weapons for defense against sabatuers to decrease effects its been talked about already but covert capacity isn't how many turns you have it's how tired your spies are the more you use them the lower the capacity the less effective they are

it's how many times you can spy/sabotage on someone, i know i've seen someone run out of them before.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I get ya!!

:D

i was merely attempting to clarify that covert capacity was in a way, sort of like turns, there are a few key differances, one being that as a supporter you can transfer attack turns, but the similaritys: you get a certian amount of covert capacity every turn, and you use 1 every time you do a spy mission. with that in mind it could be possible to implement your idea from that, and therefor be somewhat simpler for Admin, but a few key changes would need to be placed, and a few things suggested might be left out, i'd go more indepth, but i lack the time right now.

maybe we'll see something come of this and maybe we won't, doesn't matter to me either way, cause i know Admin is working on updates.
and this type of thing could possibly be amoung them.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

GhostyGoo wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

No, i don't believe so Wolf359 and i don't believe you were last time you said it either, so that's twice now ain't it buddy...
...Psi is merely trying to point out that what you suggest is going to open up a whole new can o' worms, it certainly would not improve things at all and i don't really see either how it would have any bearing on the game good or bad, and i tell you why... There are already covert turns in the game and it costs you 1 turn to recon and 2 to sabotage, now if what you are suggesting is that recon and sabotage should yeild better results the more turns you use then yes, i can see your point.. but please, try to refrain from diverting the attention from what is being said by readers of your poll by simply saying that the response you are getting from them is out of context, i assure you.. it is not :)

Goo

Listen to me GhostyGoo - I was not saying it was out of context - I was simply stating that myself and Psi may have got our wires crossed on what the other was saying (as we have done previously).

Quite frankly I'm getting a bit bloody annoyed with you picking at things I say and would appreciate you keeping your nose out - and I am not your buddy! Okay??

A little piece of advice for you BUDDY! Try and be constructive, not destructive. [Insult deleted].

I am quite aware of covert capacity - I was trying to suggest something different - excuse me if I am trying to make the game better and more evenly balanced for everyone as many people think the situation with the spy ting is unfair at the moment! Even 3rdlibra has stated elsewhere that hewould welcome a change - and he is untouchable under the current system. I didn't say my idea was perfect (hence the modifications option in the poll) - at least I just don't sit there behind me keyboard trying (emphasis on the trying) to make smart alec put downs toward people.

If you have nothing useful to contribute, then don't bother.

How can someone with such lack of tact be a moderator?

I suppose you could just 'Goo' this - but that would be admitting you're wrong wouldn't it! (oh to avoid takng that in the wrong context - that last part was astatement, not a question).

--= Mod =--

Regardless of how upset you might be, I would appreciate it if you could refrain from name calling and insults. They serve only to distract people from the point you are trying to convey. If you would like unrestrained freedom when expressing you opinion to Goo, the best would be to send him a PM.

Thanks.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

*resumes normal calm demeanour*

Fair dos!

And GhostyGoo - I apologise for losing my cool.

:oops: :D

Return to “Suggestions Archive”