Arena/tournament bugs go here

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Arena/tournament bugs go here

Feri wrote:Because Sol refused to listen to the first bug reports of it and attributed it to people being stupid instead of bad coding.

If you are gonna run the server.. listen to the people when they say somethin is wrong.. otherwise this is a waste of time.

I find the arena fun even with the bugs. its just annoying.

Sol wrote:the thread doesn't need irrelevant crap, and random updates about the tournament ;), pretty sure a few of you have covered that in my inbox already. I'm aware of what is happening and managed to cut a bit of time out to fix a few things.
I reckon this thing is lagging, fortunately when I added the attack/spy logs for the arena I added a better route to take for dishing out the planets.

EDIT
Planets will be delivered shortly and changes to it will follow.

thank you Sol! Hope this is resolved soon.
Last edited by BMMJ13 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Responding to Mods Removed.
1horseman
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω Allegiance
ID: 32337
Alternate name(s): Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Just got 5bill planets it seems high but I am not sure and now am getting server error.

I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man,
I am a real American, fight for what's right, fight for your life!
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Feri wrote:Because Sol refused to listen to the first bug reports of it and attributed it to people being stupid instead of bad coding.

If you are gonna run the server.. listen to the people when they say somethin is wrong.. otherwise this is a waste of time.

I did, you were one of the first i checked out actually. But it's hard getting bits of info from admin all the time.

And yeah, i got confirmation from admin it was lagging, same deal we had with the logs last time. Although it makes me wonder why it went smoothly in the last arena....
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Responses to mod actions have been removed. If you wish to make a suggestion or report, do so here: viewforum.php?f=95.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

Thanks for adding the bonus planets as they should.

Unfortunately some people were able to get on the server before others since you had it down for so long.
This gave people an opportunity to use their bonus planets before others... which is just about as bugged as not having them
and being hit by someone who got extra.

This whole thing is a joke now.
it wouldn't be the same top 20..
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
Sol
Forum Addict

Feri wrote:Thanks for adding the bonus planets as they should.

Unfortunately some people were able to get on the server before others since you had it down for so long.
This gave people an opportunity to use their bonus planets before others... which is just about as bugged as not having them

Wouldn't even be fair even if I gave a warning to everyone when it came back, there would still be others that couldn't get on, random is usually the best choice. Have to think of the rest of ascended as well.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

I still have missing rewards I think. Have spoken to Bina and I believe I should have at least got a reward for her if not Ulquiorra or spud.
But if you say its fixed then I guess i somehow miscalculated....would be nice if you could double check if you have a moment though :D

Edit: Also did not receive reward for another kill.
Last edited by Jim on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ganbazon
Forum Newbie

I am still missing reward planets :smt022
Huxley
Forum Elder

ganbazon wrote:Re: Arena/tournament bugs go here

+1

Positive I'm due a reward for at least one, I killed Lord Tacoma solely by myself (5.5b planets killed) that was 4 hours ago, and after reading the 36hour speech about 10x I finally understand it (lol). Rewards should be given instantly.. Oh well I'm not in a terrible situation I got some of my kills rewards, others aren't getting any! Needs sorting ASAP, completely unfair.

Also I'm fairly sure I got the most planet kills on ***, but I MIGHT have been rewarded for that not entirely sure..
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Sol
Forum Addict

ID's people, i need ID's, i don't magically know everyones ID, and i dont know the ascended name of the accounts so i can't do crap (nor will i do anything with just an ascended name because they are variables). You can PM if you want with them. If you can't get the ID due to the realm difference in the tournament and out, then a name will suffice.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

id 5291 got screwed over... 8-[

but you are trying to do a good thing for ascended so i wont hold it against you, the reward system should be automated, and shouldnt require you to interfere, just make sure you iron out the problems before the arena goes live next time sol :-)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:id 5291 got screwed over... 8-[

but you are trying to do a good thing for ascended so i wont hold it against you, the reward system should be automated, and shouldnt require you to interfere, just make sure you iron out the problems before the arena goes live next time sol :-)

It is automated, and i thought i did iron out the problems :P, as i said earlier it was working fine last tournament so i had no reason to believe it would screw over this time, perhaps since we had an extra 67 odd players less since last time there was little to no lag so no one knew it was coming. That being said I added a fail safe, if no planets are delivered because it couldn't find the greatest killer, it forces it through to the killer (most likely the one that killed the most planets anyway), that way no db interaction is needed to find anything.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Huxley
Forum Elder

Due at least 2kills, thanks.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

After I was killed (nice one, Nick) and returned to business as usual, my CS was still a smoldering heap of planetary dust and plastic. I know, should not have used plastic, but I was being cheap. Additionally, while in the Arena and after a series of attacks which reduced my CS, its rank was 87.

Might it be that there is something wrong with the handling of CS? When I entered the Arena my incoming attack log was pristine, and it was at its tremendous power of an easy 6Q.. :o Now it is 8 billion. *sosad*

[spoiler]Black Hole String Offense Strength 419
Black Hole String Maximum Strength 1,500,000
Enegry Vortex Defense Strength 2,619
Energy Vortex Maximum Strength 1,500,000[/spoiler]
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Feri wrote:Thanks for adding the bonus planets as they should.

That was a bit sneaky yes...I was on late, got sabbed a bit.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”