The End of An Era

for all the 'I quit' threads....
worry not - if you come back, you are not punished :)
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin
ID: 0

Hammond of Texas wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:
Hammond of Texas wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:Well, i'll tell you what you should be thanking me for Hammond of Texas, you should goddamn well thank me for sacrificing 18 months of my life, a happy stable relationship and a upwards mobile career.
well if you sacrificed all that for a game then you are the fool i thought you were.

i didn't sacrifice any of it for a game, i sacrificed it because i believed in someone, i no longer believe in that person.
ok so now you sacrificed all that because you believed in someone.

and why should i thank you for that.

omg just drop it really, we are talking about happy things, dont ruin it, if u have a issue with him then pm him i dont think anyone actually gives a hell about wat ur talking about especially ste
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Lord Dougy wrote:omg just drop it really, we are talking about happy things, dont ruin it,
i am not trying to ruin it. i have not said a word to anyone whishing goo all the best.

i would just like to point out that this all started because i made an observation in my first post about this thread being stickied and not the other leaving threads. then a mod deleted my post without any explanation.

after reposting it i did not say anything else untill goo replied to the issue raised saying that he made it an anouncement because "he could".
and then others saying everyone in the game is in debt to goo. and i should thank him.

since then i have simply replied to others posting directly to me.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

Hammond of Texas wrote:
GhostyGoo wrote:Well, i'll tell you what you should be thanking me for Hammond of Texas, you should goddamn well thank me for sacrificing 18 months of my life, a happy stable relationship and a upwards mobile career.
well if you sacrificed all that for a game then you are the fool i thought you were.

Hammond, please dont comment on things you dont understand, Goo was not a fool, he was a great guy and he dedicated alot to this forum. So dont debase his memory by saying better players have left, dont tell him that he didnt deserve it because HE DOES!!! he was a member of the staff and he deserves to have a single god damned sticky!!!

And goo, allright Euro Cup w000t, i'll see you there

:wink:
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Xeronix
Forum Newbie

Figure I should make a post for ya Ste.

I started playing the game 1-2 weeks after it started. I figured the best way to survive in that dangerous time was to find a good commander and alliance. So, I read the forum and one personality always stuck out, yours. A very entertaining character if there ever was one (scheming, threatening, feared by enemies, and very amusing).

So, I PM'ed the3rdlibra in game and asked to join him. As I recall the reply was all are welcome but betray me and die (something along those lines ;)). Those were the good days, the game was very fun and dynamic. the3rdlibra was a very active and helpful commander and alliance division leader.

I still remember the odd MSN conversations about horrific personal injuries, the job and relationship rants, and many conversations that made no sense at all but never seemed to end.

Of course there were the in-game schemes and secret groups, of which I was proud to be included in. On a side note, somehow you got me to play like 5 other online games which is just too many (stupid bronze mining for the clan “in the end everybody will get top weapons” :)).

But, a time came where I realized how much of my life this game was consuming and I had to give it up (which is very hard to do when you've invested so much time and money). I kept my account around for the sole purpose of helping out Ste, figured it was the least I could do for somebody who helped me so much in this game. A shame we haven’t spoke much in that time, I’m sure your MSN has changed 2-3 times by now ;).

You have sacrificed enough of your personal life for this game. It is sad to see you go, but hopefully life will improve greatly because you deserve the best. As I’ve always said, if you need anything, feel free to ask.

It is a shame that this thread had to be dirtied with negative messages. You were a rightfully feared and respected player, it is a regret the many players never experienced and understood the true player. Take it as a compliment then, that not only your old allies but also your old enemies both offer praise to the man that is Ste.

-adam
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Apadamek Sokar Sneferu wrote:dont debase his memory by saying better players have left,
please point out to me where i said that. i know that you can't as i never said it. although i will say now that in my opinion (which does not mean a lot to some) better players have left.

Apadamek Sokar Sneferu wrote: dont tell him that he didnt deserve it because HE DOES!!!

again i did not say that.

please re-read the posts made as you have not paid enough attention
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

You really are a very sad, selfish person hammond.

All these posts have proven is how determined you are to make yourself look like a jackass. Congratulations. Jackass 2006 Award goes to you.

Take comfort in knowing alot of people no longer have respect for you.

(before you go replying that no one respects me either, save it, I'm not in the habit of heckling at funerals or goodbye parties. I am happy knowing that atleast I tried to rectify my wrong doings, and I am respected by those who really matter to me in this game/community.)

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer

Ditto :-D

ps. you know your allowed use big writing like the rest of the adults.
Reality
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Alliance: Machiavellian Panthers
Race: i dun liek 2b racist
ID: 1

Honours and Awards

We need to talk. It's been so long, Ste.

Plus, I'd rather not say goodbye. I'd rather simply talk to you, and then, there will be no parting betwixt us, making it foolish of me to say goodbye.

A toast to the one and only Ste!

Hmm. 8th page. I've been busy as of late, but at least I like number eight.

It rhymes - just for you, Ste. :-)

= Reality =
There are three realities.

There's perceived reality, which is subjective.

There's actual reality, which is what actually exists.

And then there's me.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

Goo

goo goo goo goo goo (said in a rhyme)

Too many of the things I've got to say are simply not fit for this forum. It's a fair bet that you've had a larger impact on me than anyone else I've met in this game in the last year and a half. Candles-are-a-burnin bright on my house tonight, my friend.

~Mikey
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
Jack_White
Forum Irregular
Alliance: N/A
Race: System Lord
ID: 6153

It is really sad to see you go Goo. The last couple of months together in the Dread Lords I will never forget. We had some crazy talks on msn as well :-D

I hope you'll still holding to your end of the bargain with me and Jora crossing over to BBQ with you and the rest sometime next year(summer++) :wink:

If I don't get your new msn, I'll understand, but hey, if you use a known username in TRW(Sorry, I'll keep to abbrevations) we can still keep in touch there, and I'll remember to ask comp to leave the forums open for you. No, to more precise: They will ALWAYS be open for you :)

Goodbye and good luck Goo/Gator/Ste :wink:

Regards, Jack_White

The signature is outdated, but so am I! And I like it, though the alliance no longer exists.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Speaking of which...you said youd come to me this time..so ste...i have 20 bottles of stella waiting...they are warm though..Blastphomy!!!!

Should i comment on people being jackasses? No...id rather just see this thread for what it really is, GhostyGoos leaveing thread, though hes not leaveing me...i just wouldnt allow that...mwha!

So without further a-do ...

Goo = Pwnage

You = Not close to goo pwnage in 1,000,000,000 years :-D

Now, where is forum, i really do think he should come here and say bye and thankyou to his most loyal Ste.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Savings Account
Forum Irregular
Race: Saver
ID: 1964218

buck wrote:Speaking of which...you said youd come to me this time...

Now, where is forum, i really do think he should come here and say bye and thankyou to his most loyal Ste.

Well Brother Bucket, I'm sad that you weren't thinking of me when Stella is mentioned :P lol. And yes, it would be nice for Forum to come and say his goodbyes.

*starts a Goo fan club whilst drunk*

My phone, is like broadband atm btw Phil, lol, not sure why, maybe T-mobile got some new comm towers lol.

New Account Fund - total savings to date - 140T
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Red XIII wrote:
buck wrote:Speaking of which...you said youd come to me this time...

Well Brother Bucket, I'm sad that you weren't thinking of me when Stella is mentioned :P lol. And yes, it would be nice for Forum to come and say his goodbyes.

*starts a Goo fan club whilst drunk*

My phone, is like broadband atm btw Phil, lol, not sure why, maybe T-mobile got some new comm towers lol.

Lmao, lou ,lou, we need to talk anyway...i need you at my place stat :!:
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

:smt006
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
ValosCor
Forum Newbie

It will be very sad without you :(

:smt006 (....I will never forget how have you helped me,when i was in trouble...)

by mate!
Terran Prime

Return to “Quitting....”