mods abuse

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: mods abuse

Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

And use their Mod account for what the purpose is ment for

And this might solve it all .

I just do it this way:

If I'm posting like this, I'm posting as a mod.

If not, I'm posting as a user.

I suppose u take me for a fool ?

I'm speaking about accounts mate not the way u type :)

I didn't say that I took you for a fool, nor do I think that.

If people take note of the way we type (whether its our mod colour or not), it renders to use of separate accounts useless. People taking note of the way we type is a much simpler and easier method than multiple accounts (as shown in the past).

Also, before I became a mod, this was my normal account. So technically we are using the account for what it was meant for, plus the added privileges to do our jobs as mods.

What I don't get is this

You say 2 separated accounts is useless , why would it be ?

Multiple accounts ? who sed u need more than 2 ? 1 for modding 1 for posting.

And your account being upgraded to moderator + added privileges to do your job as mod doesn't really make sence.

And I'll tell you why ->

When a moderator post/discuss/spams etc... etc... it mostly end up in forums users being upset

I'll be bold now and yes thats because of ur bleu tag , simply because moderators aren't ment to have a chit chat , their based purely on their privileges given like you've sed.

a moderator always needs to be an example for the community and a moderator free to speak is personally in my oppinion not ment to moderate.

Simply because they would be seen as a moderator that will take sides between 2 fighting users in matter of speaking

Unless the identities of the mod staff were kept secret, there would still be a problem every time one of us crossed a line, spammed, or broke a rule. The community would still have problems, so I see no point in having an alternate account for the soul purpose of modding when that wouldn't fix the problem.

Also, I find it funny that people thing none of us get warned. Oh how wrong they are...
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:to solve the "Based" part it quit easy , Mods should use a private user account to express their opinnions

I just do it this way:

If people take note of the way we type (whether its our mod colour or not), it renders to use of separate accounts useless. People taking note of the way we type is a much simpler and easier method than multiple accounts (as shown in the past).

Also, before I became a mod, this was my normal account. So technically we are using the account for what it was meant for, plus the added privileges to do our jobs as mods.

What I don't get is this

And your account being upgraded to moderator + added privileges to do your job as mod doesn't really make sence.

And I'll tell you why ->

When a moderator post/discuss/spams etc... etc... it mostly end up in forums users being upset

I'll be bold now and yes thats because of ur bleu tag , simply because moderators aren't ment to have a chit chat , their based purely on their privileges given like you've sed.

a moderator always needs to be an example for the community and a moderator free to speak is personally in my oppinion not ment to moderate.

Simply because they would be seen as a moderator that will take sides between 2 fighting users in matter of speaking

Unless the identities of the mod staff were kept secret, there would still be a problem every time one of us crossed a line, spammed, or broke a rule. The community would still have problems, so I see no point in having an alternate account for the soul purpose of modding when that wouldn't fix the problem.

Also, I find it funny that people thing none of us get warned. Oh how wrong they are...

That system actually works very well and is most efficient in other forums I am on staff with, each mod has a specific area, a specific schedule and a mod account and regular user account, and everyone knows who is who.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:

I just do it this way:

What I don't get is this

And I'll tell you why ->

That system actually works very well and is most efficient in other forums I am on staff with, each mod has a specific area, a specific schedule and a mod account and regular user account, and everyone knows who is who.

For example, if said system was in place, you would have a problem with User A and not Mod A simply because the accounts were separated? It may work on other forums, but I have major doubts that it would ever work like that here.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:

I just do it this way:

What I don't get is this

And I'll tell you why ->

For example, if said system was in place, you would have a problem with User A and not Mod A simply because the accounts were separated? It may work on other forums, but I have major doubts that it would ever work like that here.

So just because you try something and it doesnt work once its a waste? Persistence overcomes resistance. I am not advocating you all do that, I am just asking.... The main problem I see with this current government is lack of a broad view and a viable structure.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:
Ercury wrote:
Haz wrote:

I just do it this way:

What I don't get is this

And I'll tell you why ->

So just because you try something and it doesnt work once its a waste? Persistence overcomes resistance. I am not advocating you all do that, I am just asking.... The main problem I see with this current government is lack of a broad view and a viable structure.

I did not say it was a waste. Also, for the record, I never tried it. I'm one of the newer additions to the forum staff and the board itself, so I have no knowledge of what was tried and why it didn't work. It just doesn't sound like it is something that will be attempted again, based on the comments I have read about it. If it was implemented, I would definitely take part and hope that everything worked out for the best.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Sorry I meant to quote Earindil.

Deni
Psyko
The Irresistible

Jedi~Tank wrote:Sorry I meant to quote Earindil.

Ah. That makes more sense then. #-o
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Trying the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result... Isn't that the definition if insanity or something? :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

[BoT] Jack wrote:Trying the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result... Isn't that the definition if insanity or something? :-k

If you try something once and it doesnt work how does that classify as over and over again? ](*,)

Deni
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Eärendil wrote:That system was tried and it failed here. It wouldn't matter if there was two different accounts, as it's been said, the blame would still be pointed at the user, not the mod.

And nobody ever stood still why it failed :)

Cus the currently moderators were allready know when it was tryed.

And thats why I see this forum as a rookie place :)

I've pointed my view out and I probally won't return on the subject cus
Whatever I say it seems moderators here always wanne draw the last straw
without looking for a fitting solution.

kbye :)
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

This forum is one of the most lenient, and fun forums to be on. The Galactic Colosseum is where most of the flaming is kept where as other forums it runs rampant from any subject due to the amount of trolls that influx popular games.

The unknown naming will solve nothing. The format of the post will still give away which user it is, and not to mention you cannot have six Moderators on one account, it will not work well.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:This forum is one of the most lenient, and fun forums to be on. The Galactic Colosseum is where most of the flaming is kept where as other forums it runs rampant from any subject due to the amount of trolls that influx popular games.

The unknown naming will solve nothing. The format of the post will still give away which user it is, and not to mention you cannot have six Moderators on one account, it will not work well.

I think you have missed it m8.

Deni
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer

Noobert wrote:This forum is one of the most lenient, and fun forums to be on. The Galactic Colosseum is where most of the flaming is kept where as other forums it runs rampant from any subject due to the amount of trolls that influx popular games.

A fun and lenient forum ?

See , well for me the system doesn't have to change Noobert
I've never been warned in the 6 years I've been here.

How moderators react , well thats something you have deal with yourselfs as moderators

But I find it disturbing , those verry moderators are picked out of nowere.
You used to play the game still do or not.

your age , well probally not of my concern u might be 30+ for all we know.
But it could be diffrent to not that i'll ask ur age again cus that arent my rights to know.

But a nearly death beaten community and that with 33 moderators ?

I geuss that might say enough. :)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

There is a slight cleanup in the planning. Intent is to reduce that number somewhat.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Do you realize how many of these Moderators were here, when the forum wasn't "death beaten"?

Zeratul
Solus
Earendil
BMMJ
EMP
SuperSaiyan
Dastupy
Dmonix
Duderanch
Jim
Juliette
Lone Dragon
Malx
Mordack
R8
Ra
Jack

These are the people who have been here a very long time, and put in work for you all to make this a better place. You are never thankful at how lenient we are, or how easily it is to talk to us.

You want to go to another forum and try it out? Go to TeamLiquid.net. Their Moderators are forum nazi's, and when you try to talk to them about a removed thread or a warning..you get told to shut up. Yet, that forum thrives in the thousands.

So go try it. See how well you like their Moderators to ours.

Do not blame this games degradation on the Moderators of this forum, although, I suspect you will try.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”