Marriage

Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Marriage

Dovahkiin wrote:But even if that was a commandment, I would still take the position I have. Religion has no place dictating law.

Indeed, but culture does.
a very bad hairdo
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Dovahkiin wrote:
General Riviera wrote:George, a master troll? ;)

There is no need for that.

[KMA]Avenger wrote:On topic, the lord should have had an 11th commandment...Thou shalt not abide poofs and their wants!

There are roughly 20 commandments, of those, 10 are lost to us.

But even if that was a commandment, I would still take the position I have. Religion has no place dictating law.

I agree, but establishing laws without a religious foundation will lead to what we have now or are on track to have..a cest pool of moral rot and decay that is rapidly destroying the very fiber of this nation. Thats a fact..how can I stand on that? I am glad you asked..I can see it happening.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:But even if that was a commandment, I would still take the position I have. Religion has no place dictating law.

No, it does not.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I agree, but establishing laws without a religious foundation will lead to what we have now or are on track to have..a cest pool of moral rot and decay that is rapidly destroying the very fiber of this nation. Thats a fact..how can I stand on that? I am glad you asked..I can see it happening.

I'm fine with the alleged moral decay.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Drought
Forum Expert

Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No, it does not.

It does actually ... though it may be indirect
a very bad hairdo
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

@KMA

This is a bit silly now.

"I hate them because of personal reasons that i wont go into..."

thats not an arguement in any way, shape or form. If you want to actually debate this you would need to go into those personal reasons. But right now the only thing we're seeing is an experience-distorted prejudiced hatred on a group of people.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Drought
Forum Expert

It might actually be benificial for your KMA, to talk about those personal reasons
From this end, the way I see it, it is a lot controled frustration expressing in anger
Perhaps venting some of it as a contribution to this debate, might even help you on a personal level
a very bad hairdo
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No, it does not.

It has no place dictating law. It does dictate law, but so does religion.
Drought
Forum Expert

Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No, it does not.

For religion to dictate law, I can understand it has no place too, as they are the visions of a % of a population
But culture, exisiting from the very fabric that makes up for the majority of the population, their voice counts, else they would live in tirany and their laws dictated by tyrants

edit: we still have a few of those countries btw
a very bad hairdo
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:I agree, but establishing laws without a religious foundation will lead to what we have now or are on track to have..a cest pool of moral rot and decay that is rapidly destroying the very fiber of this nation. Thats a fact..how can I stand on that? I am glad you asked..I can see it happening.

Moral decay or personal freedom?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

RepliMagni wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:I agree, but establishing laws without a religious foundation will lead to what we have now or are on track to have..a cest pool of moral rot and decay that is rapidly destroying the very fiber of this nation. Thats a fact..how can I stand on that? I am glad you asked..I can see it happening.

Moral decay or personal freedom?

Moral decay is a direct consequence of personal freedom innacted irresponsibly.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Psyko
The Irresistible

Duck Dodgers wrote:

Culture is the whole problem when it comes to same-sex marriage.

A child in our current culture and society, whether raised by a single parent, a mom and dad, or a same-sex couple, is raised with the ideals of our culture. Even if that child were to, at some point in time, discover they are attracted to members of the same sex, or both sexes, or no sexes, it is still a part of their culture to want to marry the person they love and eventually have a family unit (traditional or untraditional). Just because an individual is LGBTQ does not mean they have entirely different cultural values than the rest of society.

The biggest struggle LGBTQ people go through is surviving their culture. At some point in their life they learn they feel differently than the majority of our society. They get teased, bullied, threatened, beaten, disowned by their families, and lose friends because they have become cultural deviants. They aren't a different culture entirely, as they have many of the same cultural views as the rest of us with only a few small (in my opinion) differences.

Especially those who have been disowned by their family and/or friends for being who they are want to eventually have their own family where a child can be loved and supported no matter what their decisions in life. I disagree with the notion same-sex couples would be bad parents; yes, it would be different, but not bad for the child. Also, despite the number of heterosexual couples wanting to adopt, there are still more kids than there are families. If the child is old enough to make the decision on if they want to be raised by two moms/dads or grow up in an orphanage, let them make that choice.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Psyko wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

Culture is the whole problem when it comes to same-sex marriage.

A child in our current culture and society, whether raised by a single parent, a mom and dad, or a same-sex couple, is raised with the ideals of our culture. Even if that child were to, at some point in time, discover they are attracted to members of the same sex, or both sexes, or no sexes, it is still a part of their culture to want to marry the person they love and eventually have a family unit (traditional or untraditional). Just because an individual is LGBTQ does not mean they have entirely different cultural values than the rest of society.

The biggest struggle LGBTQ people go through is surviving their culture. At some point in their life they learn they feel differently than the majority of our society. They get teased, bullied, threatened, beaten, disowned by their families, and lose friends because they have become cultural deviants. They aren't a different culture entirely, as they have many of the same cultural views as the rest of us with only a few small (in my opinion) differences.

Especially those who have been disowned by their family and/or friends for being who they are want to eventually have their own family where a child can be loved and supported no matter what their decisions in life. I disagree with the notion same-sex couples would be bad parents; yes, it would be different, but not bad for the child. Also, despite the number of heterosexual couples wanting to adopt, there are still more kids than there are families. If the child is old enough to make the decision on if they want to be raised by two moms/dads or grow up in an orphanage, let them make that choice.

Good points, but leaving those kind of decisions up to a child to make is kinda back asswords.

Deni
Jack
Evil Reincarnated

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No, it does not.

For religion to dictate law, I can understand it has no place too, as they are the visions of a % of a population
But culture, exisiting from the very fabric that makes up for the majority of the population, their voice counts, else they would live in tirany and their laws dictated by tyrants

Majority imposed tyranny is still tyranny.

Laws should be based on what is fair and just, culture has no business deciding that.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Dovahkiin wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No, it does not.

Majority imposed tyranny is still tyranny.

Laws should be based on what is fair and just, culture has no business deciding that.

Ah but for that you have values and culture to determine what is fair and just...sorry to tell you but there is no "absolute objective fair and just", in some nations what's "fair and just" isn't the same as in the US. Of course the US people might consider this alternate version as not fair and not just, same as us Europeans do, I'm not here to plead neutrality for cultures, just to tell you that you cannot say culture has no business deciding that.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Drought
Forum Expert

Dovahkiin wrote:Majority imposed tyranny is still tyranny.

I would call a worst case variant of that a mob rule, perhaps.
other then that its more of a democracy

edit: fair and just lays in the eye of the beholder
a very bad hairdo

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”