Army size

™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

Re: Army size

Neimenljivi wrote:The Old Skool Era was far from simple mate. Stuff like no bank, no def con, and no MS made for a lot tougher game play both when it came to attacking and when it came to defending. It was also a lot harder to hide your real power than it is now.

~Jack

I agree but for old vets like us it was easier then for a new-comers to experience. No bank wasnt too big of an issue, I would buy guns then sell them for their naq, that was the best bank for no bank :-D But I see where your coming from, then there were alot of us vets now theres not really a whole lot. :(

Meanwhile,
Total Fighting Force 790,361,284 :smt064
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Of course everyone did it, but that was hardly a bank, wasn't it? The naq "stashed" could be lost at any point, furthermore everyone could see how much naq you actually had and, as you said, there were many of us that knew the ins and outs of the game back then, opposing to how things are now..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Are we all in agreement that the bank is pointless in this era? :smt042
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate

Yes indeed pointless, but I am not building my stats super high just to watch them turn to nothing... therefore thats why I have naq banked up. :smt047

Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Something tells me you won't have much to worry about come the end game. Unless of course someone decides to go all out for a ridiculously high covert at the expense of other stats in order to sabotage you? Even that I can't honestly see happening.
Scenester
Forum Regular

General Riviera wrote:Something tells me you won't have much to worry about come the end game. Unless of course someone decides to go all out for a ridiculously high covert at the expense of other stats in order to sabotage you? Even that I can't honestly see happening.

Then Id say you have to work on your imagination, there are several people out there building nothing but covert at the moment. Go spy...
Thankfully I couldnt care less about end ranks, so I might just be that person who goes to sab a bunch of people in the last few hours and end up in the top 40 because of doing so, I already got the glory I wanted anyway :-$
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I'm not saying there won't be people doing that Scen, it's pretty obvious that people will be taking pot shots at the rank one player (which probably will be Legend) and the ones in close proximity, but by that point I think he (and certain others) will be well beyond reach.

I just hope I haven't annoyed anyone and can finish in the top 10. That's my goal anyway.
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Human
ID: 63671
Alternate name(s): Supreme Commander Thor

Ya, im waiting to be sabbed and massed that last day :P I got the G&R goal i had at the start of the era. Mostly now i just want to place over legend :P lol. But its been a kinda quite era so far since attacking active players isn't profitable unlike farming normally can be as peoples incomes grow.

But on topic.
Total Fighting Force Total Fighting Force 915,133,786
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate

Neo Dragon wrote: Mostly now i just want to place over legend :P lol.

Total Fighting Force 984,919,690 :smt117

Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular

Total Fighting Force 1,029,741,906 :smt058
smooshable
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:The Old Skool Era was far from simple mate. Stuff like no bank, no def con, and no MS made for a lot tougher game play both when it came to attacking and when it came to defending. It was also a lot harder to hide your real power than it is now.

~Jack

I agree, that was a hard era, the person who won that must have been cunning, brilliant, sophisticated, charming, a true tgw genius.
Indu and proud of it!!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Hahahah mate, don't forget me and 12ag helped that genious to victory by destroying his opponent at the midnight hour :-D

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
smooshable
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

hahahaha oh i know. That last week or so you guys were great. It was annoying because that whole wave i'd felt very in control. I pretty much held rank 1 defense from day 1 and rank 1 covert from not long after but I had no offense at all until the last little while. I sold about half my defense in the last turn to get my offense rank up ad still only just slid in. A few others just seemed to come from nowhere over the last 3 weeks or so of the wave, it was really odd. You and 12ag put them straight back down :P
Indu and proud of it!!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Hahahah yeah, good old times. I remember me and 12ag just wanted to have some fun that era and were a bit pissed off by few people, so we just decided to go kaboom on everyone that didn't suit us at the end :P Our goal was then, when we saw that you would probably come out 2nd, to take out your biggest opponent, as we were allies and wanted an ally to win the era. I believe it was Hippy that was the biggest threat to your finish, who then ended up being 3rd, but would otherwise took the victory. I think we massed down his def and sabbed him a bit, and he still managed to be 3rd lol, so we didn't really know where to place him and where to place you before we could see it in the legends.
Oh those were some crazy days, I wish Ian would come around for another round of slacking a few players :razz: And of course - it'd be very nice to see you and rest of the old DD crew around again :)

~Jack
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Banned}
Spoiler
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular

-on topic-