Suggest any improvements
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Ascension/Descension suggestion for more balance

Evil_Lathander wrote:how about bringing the time between attacks back to one hour? That's 2 turns

to get your flow to recover you in one hour, that's nut's, can't be done I think

Actually, using a fresh ascended account, yes it can be done. profitable? no. A usable account? no. Possible, yes.

OK I got an IDEA

Make Ascended battles, a fight to the death? or deascention rather. Make it so the battle lasts until one party runs out of AT. That way neither side can convert DMU and must fight with the resources avalible at the time the war starts. Every 30 minutes you get a report on the battle raging for the full 3 hrs. You can use mods and such, or a "Variable" on att, def,repusion,constitution, etc, etc. Use a 25% variable and give the last turn of the battle a 50% variable. This means that just because your bigger does not mean you will win. Also make it possible that BOTH beings can be deascended if enough damage is done to both beings, as even if you know your dieing from LF lose, you can't leave the battle. The last simotanious attack can cripple both beings.

WOW, thoughts suggestion, problems?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

so if I get you correctly: one account does a personal assault on another.

Account1=very strong
Account2=very weak

For the next 6 turns(3 hours), both sides will damage eachother once. Whilst waiting for each turnchange, either account can set the strength of the coming attack. If either is descended before the 3 hours is over, the descescion happens and the winner wins. If not, both survive. During this battle however, no LF can be gained, for both account are too busy with the battle and therefor cannot spend time on gathering LF using their flow. Or possibly gain at the rate of their chache if the first options isn't good enough for the admins.

Then the battle between Account1 and Account2 would be decided upon which variables?
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Any change needs to be made so it is not ridiculously easy for a top player to descend a lower player, the update above does sound good.... but it needs work on it. Perhaps a bonus of 50% to the defender...?
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:Any change needs to be made so it is not ridiculously easy for a top player to descend a lower player, the update above does sound good.... but it needs work on it. Perhaps a bonus of 50% to the defender...?

50% to the defender? Why? that means you can only fight someone half your power? talk about bullying?

The idea is both parties have their power levels. Once engaged in battle no outside forces can interfer. No one else can attack, and you can not convert LF.

Each attack of the 6 attacks(3Hrs) has a variable of 25%. This means the attackers attack can go from 75% to 125% and the defenders strength can go from 75% to 125%.

This means that even if you are 25 to 50% stronger then your opponent, that his raw will to survive(the 25% variable) may allow him to win the battle. You may hit for 75% of your strike, while he may defend at 125%.

This does 2 things. 1. If you are close in power, it creates a more even battlefeild. The winner will be unknown from the start. 2. It locks the accounts into battle with definite results. If not enough damage is done by either party both beings limp away. If one party gets the best of the other, then a deascention occurs. If both parties are close in power, its possible both parties are crippled.

The last att having the 50% variable insures large power differences may be overcome, and if not, then atleast its possible to take your attacker down with you.

This allows a chance, a unuser controled chance to win or lose. It also still gives someone who rightfully deserves the upper hand, the advantage.

I have from the beginning, and still do now, beleive in a "seperation of power". Some account just should not be able to hit certain accounts. Problem is it should be both ways. Not just one way like it is now.

The massive account should get "The ascended look down on feeding on the inferier. Find a more suitable opponent"

The minor accounts should get "Mortal creature do not beleive in mass suicide, Find a more suitable opponent".
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
avdk6
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: YggDrasil
Race: Ancient
ID: 19808

How about if removing an ascension, the "Resurrection" thing happens that has no use right now, as in, if you have a resurrection saved you will not lose an ascension. Obviously these would need to cost a lot.
Memento
Forum Intermediate

how about this, its easy to implement not much of the game structure changes

get rid of rank mods and double the ascended attack

that would make it all more possible to descend people and its simple

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Memento wrote:how about this, its easy to implement not much of the game structure changes

get rid of rank mods and double the ascended attack

that would make it all more possible to descend people and its simple

OK i see rank mods and agree

Double the ascended attack??? what good is that when I'm already hitting for max damage?

Its useless if the 1/3 rule stays in effect
Reason, youll get dead.
Memento
Forum Intermediate

thats to get some lee way on the big accounts i mean i bet u could do damage on me but i bet u couldnt deascend me same with HE and some others

i dont know wat to suggest with the 1/3rd hits max as if it 1 hit quiet a few would be deascended easily

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

well i have much less trouble understanding why someone who actually built there account is undeascendable. There are many valid suggestions out there.
Reason, youll get dead.
A-Unit
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Protectorate
Race: Ninja
ID: 86650

I like Lore's idea about ascended battles. It could make it more interesting.

With geisha's idea about losing an ascension when being descended, I have a quick question. If you went from say Living God back to Incarnate, would you have to get the 1000 G&R back to ascended back to LG or would it be like avdk6 said and have a "resurrection" option, and just pay a tax or sacrifice to return to being a LG?
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

What if you were giving the option of no perm effects on your main account but a month and a half or two months of beind descended or no penalty for the main account except being knocked back a level when descended. (person descended gets lenghty ppt, week mabye?)

Stickin it to the man!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Lord_Zeus wrote:What if you were giving the option of no perm effects on your main account but a month and a half or two months of beind descended or no penalty for the main account except being knocked back a level when descended. (person descended gets lenghty ppt, week mabye?)

I don't follow LZ? I don't like lengthy penilties either but thats me.
Reason, youll get dead.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

I think the losing an ascension will be too harsh... afterall what would stop me pimping an allaince mates ascended being (with only 100mill armysize) to do 200mill ascended being assault...

whenever someone newly ascends (prior) I get him to attack that person... descend them in their weakened state of being new to the server... bang back down to unascended being...

I think descension is fine as it is but just needs tweaking so it isn't so damn near impossible...

so...

From Tactical Commanders thread I came up with this borrowing some of his idea's (he's included mine his the first post)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=103479

This will make descension slightly easier but at the same time can also be made impossible if the person is active enough (which in my mind is fair but I dont think someone will sit on the game 24/7 to stop descension)

so here it is...

TheRook wrote:make it so that you can only refill 1/20th of your LF reserves per turn... (when converting cache

So for example

Life Force Max: 4857577
Current Life Force: 4857577
Life Force Reserves: 72863655

this is a persons full stats (Everything full)

So I hit that person for 1/3rd damage (max) ascendedAttack 24,287,885 Destroyed Life Force

Current Life Force: 1
Life Force Reserves: 53560695

they can refill their Current LF and put in 1/20th of reserves (3,643,183) per turn from LF Cache along with Recovery rate

if they do that they will recover the 1/3rd lost in the 3 hours (6 turns)

but if they dont do it every turn there LF reserves will be lower...

this makes it possible for people to descend someone and stop this happening

Current Life Force: 1
Life Force Reserves: 12560695

and on the next ascended hit... they have been on for 1 turn and refilled their LF and LF Reserves making themselves undescendable...

Current Life Force: 4857577
Life Force Reserves: 72863655

back to square one... and 3x99 AT wasted right now someone can come on once every 8 hours and make themselves undescendable...

with limiting them to refill 1/20th LF Reserves per turn (from LF Cache) it will mean if they dont check more frequently they will be descended...

it will make people work on a neglected part of their ascended account which to be honest is useless and nearly impossible to descend anyone who only comes on once every 8hours...

admittedly it should be very difficult to descend someone who is on every 3 hours because they are working on their account...

otherwise whats the point of descension if it can be stopped so easily...

TheRook

I think that will help balance the issue of coming on for one turn and refilling your LF and reserves...

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

OR.....

If you mass them (like a main massing and remove all their defence weapons) so they do 0(3) damage

you can do 45% per hit... then you can get them in 3 hits 6 hours...

I still prefer the 1/20 th LF/LF Reserves recoverable per turn not including your own turn regeneration
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Lore wrote:
Lord_Zeus wrote:What if you were giving the option of no perm effects on your main account but a month and a half or two months of beind descended or no penalty for the main account except being knocked back a level when descended. (person descended gets lenghty ppt, week mabye?)

I don't follow LZ? I don't like lengthy penilties either but thats me.

Sorry for the late reply... haven't been around too much lately, if I remember correctly I was thinking that you could have Either penalty (choose it yourself). Either get knocked back a level of a ascension with no penalty to the main account (other than the 1/5% loss) OR not get knocked back a level but have a month or two of 0% bonus in main, kinda choose your own penalty.

Stickin it to the man!

Return to “Suggestions”