Alpha Site Capacity

Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

I don't think you understand. Asgard 167k attack weapons are 2000 points, defense 2700. For goa'uld I believe both are around 2500. More balanced you see?

Asgard have a extra bonus on defense, but in return they get sort of a penalty on offense.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

Sleipnir wrote:I don't think you understand. Asgard 167k attack weapons are 2000 points, defense 2700. For goa'uld I believe both are around 2500. More balanced you see?

Asgard have a extra bonus on defense, but in return they get sort of a penalty on offense.

So it's not 25% oftotal defnese it's25% only on the most powerfull defense weapon ??

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that Asgard top weapons are more powerfull in defense, but also less powerfull on offense. 3 defense weapons are as powerfull as 4 offense weapons. Add to that a defense bonus and our defense is much more powerful.

The offense has no bonus, and to add to that, their power is 2000, compared to 2560 for goa'uld top attack weapons. So to reach the power of a goa'uld we need to buy 5 offensive weapons for every 4 the goa'uld has to buy. Add to that the income bonus off the goa'uld and he can get much more powerful in attack, but not in defense. In comparison, he can also become much more powerful on defense than a Tauri, but will probably never reach their offense scores.

Balance, I hope this clears some of that up.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Enfant Terrible
Forum Grunt

I like this idea. I don't see how it takes away from the goa'uld bonus. In fact it's more of a bonus for the goa'uld.

All other races get 960 naq/unit for the bank. If there is a 5% upgrade that means 48 more naq/unit taking it up to 1008.

For the goa'uld they get 1200 naq/ unit. A 5% upgrade would mean an extra 60 naq/unit taking it up to 1260. So by upgrading the goa'uld can actually build their banks even faster.

Now I'm prone to agree with forgive_me actually. Although for the opposite reason. This is too good of a bonus for the goa'uld.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”