Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: possible scam control

i was thinking it was 3%

Now the question is would people use this servise?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Fallout
Forum Regular

do they have any other choice?
two option:
1. use a middle man and get your stuff, takes little more time.
2. risk getting scammed.

just make it happen and if ppl are not using "scam control" as a trading option its their own fault if they get scammed.
cyberblade
Forum Regular
Alliance: Pi Allegiance

I'm all for this. I think there are some problems-listen to my solution and see if it makes sense:

Player A wants to buy UU/Account from player B

Player B gives UU/login details to ADMIN (more on this below)

ADMIN confirms receipt of items from player B for player A

Player A sends $$X to ADMIN

ADMIN gives UU/account to player A, and sends $$Y to player B

Ok, the reason I'm suggesting ADMIN is twofold-one, we trust him. We may not want to-but we have to-he has the power to do anything he wants to our accounts at any time. The second reason is shown above in the $$X-$$Y. Admin will forward on 95% of whatever is sent him. Whoever is doing this deserves something for their time-and I think admin should be getting more from this game (maybe it will be enough to pay for his time to fix some of those bugs).

So, considering paypal/moneybookers fees it would work something like this: You need to send player B $100 you send ~$110 to admin, and you are guaranteed you get what you buy. Obviously it would take 24-48 hours for most deals. Maybe longer over the weekends.

Anyways-I think this would be better than having it run by players. Yes, I could trust some players-but theres always the never knowing what amount it would take to get them to run from this game with the cash...

Also-this method assumes that admin would get involved, which we would have to ask him about. In any case, commentary/critiques are appreciated.
Bullseye
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): *Bullseye

Admin doesnt have time to see these things go through safely, can you imagine the extra work he would have on a daily basis, instead of doing what he already is doing, checking countless emails, checking up on multi, etc etc....
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Maybe a new Admin for just cash trades?

Because scammers are usually cheaters too. They tend to have multis so the same account doesn't get linked to scamming etc.

And that Admin would, in effect, make the game safer, provide a better community setting, and prevent cheating.

starry~*
cyberblade
Forum Regular

also this admin would be generating $$, so it would be paying for the job...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

cyberblade wrote:also this admin would be generating $$, so it would be paying for the job...

:D
Image ImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Starry and CB both make very fine points.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Still a valid idea. Anyone else care to discuss it?

I think admin should pull a team together. It should include Admin Mark. This team should be roughly all over the world so atleast 1 is online most all the time. 6 men would have 4 hr shifts.

Dedicate a section of forum to the request for sale. The first "Dealer" that comes online posts he with take the trade over, both parties sent the resources/$$/info, and the deal is concluded in 24 hrs or less from the time the "Dealer" posts.

This frees up admin to do what he needs but also generates alittle $$ for the game while guarenteeing 100% scam free trades.

Theses "Dealers" need to be picked by admin and be screened well. They will need to be given permission to log into accounts to verify the accounts state, and to change the log in info so the account can't be retaken. And they need direct access to admin or some able to help if say a addy is mistyped and the account lost.
Reason, youll get dead.
cyberblade
Forum Regular

well, one other set of suggestions-for those players willing to help.. I would suggest that those who are participating get their phone number, address and a copy of their drivers license/passport to admin... im sure that if one of them then "went rogue" the local members in the area could "deal" with the offending person...

anyways, i'm willing to help anyway I can... dunno if I'm well known enough, but i'd be happy to get a copy of my ID for admin if that helps...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

cyberblade wrote:well, one other set of suggestions-for those players willing to help.. I would suggest that those who are participating get their phone number, address and a copy of their drivers license/passport to admin... im sure that if one of them then "went rogue" the local members in the area could "deal" with the offending person...

anyways, i'm willing to help anyway I can... dunno if I'm well known enough, but i'd be happy to get a copy of my ID for admin if that helps...

I don't think thats necissary, and I feel it alittle over the line. Admin can handle 5 or 6 accounts. Remember, he can giveth, and he can taketh away.
Reason, youll get dead.
cyberblade
Forum Regular

well, it might not be necessary... It was just an idea. In that case though the people doing these should have big enough accounts so that they have something to lose.
thorslittleworld
Forum Regular

Lore wrote:OK Mass scamming is most definitely becoming a problem. I'd like to attempt to address it. Scamming comes into play when you do business with unknown or not well known players who take advantage or your trust or need for something. Now If everyone would only trade with well known reputable players or do background checks on people they trade with many scammers would be stopped. To this measure I have an Idea I'd like to put forth.

I propose the creation of a committe for well know established player who have a good name and reputation in the community. These players can be selected in many different fashions and can be rotated, voted in or out, or anything.

What they will do is this. They will be the middleman or overseer of $$ market deals or ingame deals of very large amounts. These deals can not be rush or immediate deals, but deals that are well thought out.

How it works. I'll use myself as an example. Player A wants to sale his account for 100$. Player B wants to buy the account. Neither is well know or has anyone to back them. I take the transaction over. The account info is given to me by player A. The $$ is sent to me by player B. When I have possesion of both then I send the $$ to player A and the log in info to player B.

Now this is where the strength of well known respectable players come in. These players must be trustworthy, and I even suggest getting admin in on this for 2 reasons. 1 is so if one of the "trade overseers" goes awol then admin can fix it. 2 I hope he will allow them to log into the traded accounts for 2 reasons. 1 to make sure the resources and stats are what was agreed upon and 2 to change the log in info so the old owner doesnt get the $$ and then steal the account back quickly.

Also can over see large resource trades

I open this to the floor for discussion

you can do this one step better, player A agrees a sale searches out a reputable member, player B agrees on said member, player A releases details of account, member changes account password, player B sends $$$ when player A and B confirms transaction member passes on new password details are passed over

Middleman dont need to handle $$
[img]
dastupy wrote:Hilts, cabal is on your side.
[/img]
cyberblade
Forum Regular

thorslittleworld wrote:
you can do this one step better, player A agrees a sale searches out a reputable member, player B agrees on said member, player A releases details of account, member changes account password, player B sends $$$ when player A and B confirms transaction member passes on new password details are passed over

Right-but then there is now way to have the middleman verify that the money was actually sent-its one persons word against another (along with edited screenshots on both sides). the middleman (trusted entity) handling the money is the only way to verify it.
thorslittleworld
Forum Regular

cyberblade wrote:
thorslittleworld wrote:

Right-but then there is now way to have the middleman verify that the money was actually sent-its one persons word against another (along with edited screenshots on both sides). the middleman (trusted entity) handling the money is the only way to verify it.

whilst that may be true, to make an edited screenshot would take a little time, I suppose if you really can trust the member, you could always allow remote assistance, with the paypal page open

the thing to remember here, is that if you have 2 honest people selling and buying an account, by rights if there was an issue of non reciept, it should follow that it would be an error, and by that reclaimable in paypal, rather than trying to reclaim money already sent and accepted
[img]
dastupy wrote:Hilts, cabal is on your side.
[/img]

Return to “Market Discussion”