12%

Total votes: 41
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

Re: Server War/Empire/Alliance War "Victory" suggestion

it wont stop a first strike it will be just the same as a war declaration but will allow each side to confirm the alliances involved.

in my example above

FUALL struck first and decalred war listing the TJP alliances and their own. TJP would then come on and confirm it and the alliances they have involved and confirm the war. FUALL would then get 1 last chance to confirm the alliances they have involved and then the war would start recording surrender points.

The first strike would not be stopped and it wouldn't give them time to fight back as it would work like a standard war declaration but just give them time to confirm their alliances before the surrender point system kicks in.

that clarify it a bit better serrin?

TheRook

p.s. yes some of the posts here are from EoB members as I've posted a link here on our forums so the word gets out more :)
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
TheRook
Forum Addict

added Alliance disbanding to my original post.

I've done this as a cheaper cost than each individual quitting/surrendering as it brings shame upon the whole alliance as they have disbanded :)
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

Lord Silent Bob
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Bundy Drinker
ID: 1905342

Rookie, well thought out as usual mate

one issue I have with it, the no farming outside the war, doesn't do it for me

I get more naq between the turn changes rank farming than I do farming FUALL, a no-brainer for me Toon_PDT_21
TheRook
Forum Addict

Lord Silent Bob wrote:Rookie, well thought out as usual mate

one issue I have with it, the no farming outside the war, doesn't do it for me

I get more naq between the turn changes rank farming than I do farming FUALL, a no-brainer for me Toon_PDT_21

yes at the start I was thinking along that route of not farming outside but as i got to the end the blocking of external attacks (both ways) isn't necessary as it wont have any effect on the "Surrender Points".

So from that point of view we could ignore the external attacking I may remove that... actually...

The external trading I think can stay with the Surrender Points bonus supplied for the Faction for not having external trading.

TheRook
/doing it now

Brythalious
Forum Intermediate
Race: Briton
ID: 19326

Certainly looks interesting mate.... Though I do have to kill you for making me read all that. :P

This should be test played first if used to try to find bugs first if possible else the first series of wars will have people moaning they lost due to X, Y, Z.
Main ID: 19326. Ascended: 2853
A Warlord never asks how many but where they are!
Arturus Rex Quondam, Rexque Futurus
TheRook
Forum Addict

ok editted out /strikethrough the no attacks from external party.

The no external trades is optional for the Empire/Faction which gains a % bonus to the Surrender Points Total for not allowing external trading.

TheRook

@ Bryth,

before it even gets that far it needs admin to like it :)

he as already done a fair bit for alliance wars but they are still 1v1 Wars where as this could be more of a solution for Empire vs Empire or Faction (TJP) vs Faction(FUALL) style wars.

Alpha Bravo
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: DXI
Race: System Lord
ID: 1955368

i like it Rook. great idea!
TheRook
Forum Addict

Thanks

I'm going to have to tidy up my first post as it has had a few changes as time progresses where things I have suggested/changed because they weren't a requirement of the Surrender Points System.

Cheers

TheRook

Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

You still need the no hitting outside the waring alliance. that removes the take officers on and farming outside that makes the war tactical and fair.
mclarenf1
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

This is the best idea I have seen and if implemented could have stopped a number of players quiting the game because it was boring. At the moment it is boring as hell, this is why I quit. The fun in wars was gone you have an hour or 2 going around smashing things to pieces and then go on just farming each other cause no one would build stats.

The people who talk about no surrender and be in for the long haul, these types of wars have seriously damaged the game. This is a game at the end of the day and with all games there is a way to find the winner and a loser.

Admin look into this as it could save your game from what it is at the moment boring. To the community take it as a game which is fun and a great way to meet people and not as a life or death situation.
TheRook
Forum Addict

Nimras wrote:You still need the no hitting outside the waring alliance. that removes the take officers on and farming outside that makes the war tactical and fair.

This could again be something thats possibly optional... but if (with the new alliance war updates) they are taken to a new realm while fighting I think it makes sense to stop external hits certainly with a large server war or empire war... I think it makes sense that your not going to send your troops off elsewhere while having a large fight...

this can be given as Surrender Point bonuses to the side(s) who choose not to fight externally... this will tempt people into keeping the fight to themselves (their enemy).

@ mclarenf1

yes a lot of people feel fighting on and on will eventually get them somewhere and it does usually the other side gets fed up... but why make it so that one side has to become bored of the game for the other side to achieve a victory this will make a group of set goals for people to achieve and a 3-4 month war just gets boring (no seriously it does)... with the "Surrender Points" being removed for Crit/Nox changes it will also make people either not go on crit/nox (making attacking more fun :D) or risk weakening their chance to win... and bringing down the extended length of a war which just isnt necessary afterall you can only mass a big defence/covert once then its just token defence/covert

if after the first round of this kind of a war people choose to redeclare it again so be it just like another war declaration but it will bring around empire vs empire fighitng ina structured fashion and also faction vs faction where all details can be recorded and it will add additional tactics

ppt or not ppt (based around crit/nox changing) vac to get away from the fighting or not... risk having people 4-5 quit the alliance if it goes on to longor just disband your whole alliance to lose less surrender points in the long run for your faction...

well I think it could work really well and bring in a nice twist/dynamic to large/multi alliance wars.

TheRook

TheRook
Forum Addict

look forum look!!

/waves hands frantically

edit
/waves more
/waves chocolate bar
end edit

noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

I like it a lot, but have not yet voted ...

Its a great step towards accomplishing something that this game is severly lacking ... concluding awnsers as to who is the winner in an all out war.

Keep the topic alive .. wait for more input from others.

My add ... a liltle extra in the winner calc ..
how manny planets lost and stolen in combination to the planets sizes.
amandakerk
Forum Grunt
Alliance: DoO
ID: 72429

i am tired so i dont want to make this long but i do like the idea of it. the forcing of war and peace settings seems a little unnecessary to me but on the overall i like it

kudos for having the patience to think it through man

oh and kudos for all those who had the patience to read this... :D
Image Image
Stickm@n
Forum Expert
Alliance: MaYHeM + BoT
Race: Stickmen
ID: 69

I like it, brilliant way to figure out who wins.
This is my speaking as a moderator colour.

Spoiler
System Lord Tyrone
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”