Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Mobile Planetary Defence Platforms:

Lois Lane wrote:
SnowGaurd wrote:slide over to the right..... Use the horizontal scroll bar

it does not fit my screen perfectly so I assume you have the same problem

:?
Screenshot? That problem is unknown to me.
Maybe it has to do with your screen resolution. :)

Probbably, I have the same problem vertically, but not horizontally.

Prolly comes from this 10 yr old PC im running.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
SnowGaurd
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

resolution is 1280X800, i am using a laptop that is my max resolution

so yeah a higher resolution would solve this
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

what does not show up? please state what url, and what you do not see...i can try to reformat it so it fits better if it is a problem on 1280x800....thats a normal size...

SnowGaurd wrote:resolution is 1280X800, i am using a laptop that is my max resolution

so yeah a higher resolution would solve this
Don't make me use this!!!
SnowGaurd
Forum Newbie

http://stargatewars.com/planets.php

I do not see the add column, specifically the increase by text field and the update button. i have to scroll horizontally 1 inch to the right
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

so much info is hard to fit in one place :)
anyway - check it out - i think i fixed this particular 'cannot see the upgrade defences' issue....

SnowGaurd wrote:http://stargatewars.com/planets.php

I do not see the add column, specifically the increase by text field and the update button. i have to scroll horizontally 1 inch to the right
Don't make me use this!!!
SnowGaurd
Forum Newbie

Well it still has the same problem. You re-aranged the column order so now I don't see the defence value column, and it is still a inch or so too wide. I notice that the Add column data is now arranged horizontally and it used to be vertical , I wonder if that made it longer again.

used to be

Increase by:
[ 0 ]
[Update]

Now

Increased by: [0 ] [update]

There are considerable gaps between each column so you should be able to fix it. You appear to be using percentages so the window should shrink to the proper size, There must be something wrong in one of the table definitions.

The table widths seem to go off somewhere around this text "These are your mobile defence platforms. They can travel to any one planet, and add to the existing defences of the planet - more than one platform can be stationed on one planet. Any attack first must counter the platform(s), before striking the planet. Your realm can support a maximum of 3 platforms."

I tried to look over the code but it isn't formatted nicely when I view the source so I can't see the problem, anyway hope this helps and you find the problem....
Darkalbino_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1910219

This post is more to do with balance.

Forum, Admins, who ever it may concern.

Im not going to explain the Planetary Defence Platforms. Im going to explain what I dont like about them.

With fleets doubled, there is alot more planet taking potential. Say John has 60,000 fleets. John spies Jessica and finds Jessica has a nice Attack Income Duel with only 100,000 defense on it. John buys all 60,000 fleets and prepares himself for the battle, having spent 1,333,656,000,000 he feels that stealing this planet should more then reimburse spending. John spies again, double checking the defense to make sure its still the same, hes happy, and ready to strike. John, clicks AGAIN! and lines up Fairy bread, Jessica's duel. And then...

[spoiler]As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The fleets of John invaded the planet journey in the realm of Jessica!

John sent:
60,000 Nano-AI Cruiser Squadran

Jessica's planet Fairy bread resisted the aggressors with:
MASSIVE AMOUNTS of planet ground based defence facilities.

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

The forces of John rush in full force, and inflict 71,822,924,000 damage on Jessica's forces!

The artillery of Jessica fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict devastating damage on John's forces! So much damage, in fact, that while fleeing John's fleets could not accurately judge the extent of the beating...
It was confirmed that The defences of the planet held up under attack!
You note, though, that from nowhere, or at least not from the planet itself, you were being assulted!!
Almost like some sort of mobile planetary defences, seemingly invisible...
While it is hard to say, you think this invisible force added around 197 percent of the natural planetary defences to the defence you encountered...Of course you turned your attention to where the attack was coming from, before moving onto the planet itself...there was enough damage to destroy 3788 defence facilities, though, in the course of the battle.

Your Fleet strength went from 115,600 to 0. In short, they were completely annihilated! This amount is directly related to the fire power on the planet.

The forces of Jessica conquered those of John
The fleets of John flee from journey! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated! Fairy bread will not be conquered...this day![/spoiler]

My problem is that one can not know when a Platform is going to be there, and if by chance, runs into one, it completely destroys all fleets involved, without warning!! When we are talking fleet levels of 100K or over, that is over a 2tril loss, instantly, without warning!

I feel that this should be looked at.

Possibly that Mobile Planetary Defence Platforms could be spied. But not showing where they are, showing where they aren't.

Something like this spy log:

[spoiler]recon Mission Report
Under the cover of night, your 1,440,330 Covert Manipulators sneak into the realm of Jessica.

Your Covert Manipulators move stealthily through the lands of Jessica undetected. They are able to gather many documents recording the status of weapons, army size and preparedness, and fortifications. Unfortunately, in order to avoid detection, they are not able to provide complete information. Your Chief of Intelligence provides you with the information gathered:

Army Size:
Unit Type
Attackers Defenders Untrained
Mercenaries 0 0 0
Army 1 0 845337
Super Soldiers 0 19 182000000

Military Stats
Strike Action: 0
Defensive Action 0
Covert Action: 34+
AntiCovert Action 0
Covert Skill: 33
Covert Operatives: 0
Anti-Covert Skill: 27
Anti-Covert Operatives: 0
Attack Turns: 3999
Unit Production: 280000

Technology Stats
Siege Tech: Universe Bombs
Fortification Tech: Galactic Military Complexes
Covert Tech: Matter Phasic Devices
Anti-Covert Tech: Matter Phasic Devices
Race Unique Tech: Ascended Blessing

Planets
Name Attributes Defences Size
Planet1 + 83,450,000,000 Attack
+ 122,307,328,000 Daily Income 100000(Def: 300,000,000,000) mind blowing
Planet2 ??? ??? ???
Planet3 ??? ??? huge
Planet4 ??? ??? ???
Planet5 ??? ??? huge
Planet6 ??? ??? large
Planet7 ??? ??? ???
Planet8 ??? ??? ???
Planet9 ??? 0 (Def: 0) ???
Planet10 ??? 0 (Def: 0) normal

Weapons
Name Type Quantity Strength
Equipped Military Fleet Attack 1 5760/5760

Planetary Defense Platforms
Name Not Assigned to: Defences Defence Power
I like Fudge Planet 7 100,000 ???
I like You ??? ??? 75,000,000,000[/spoiler]

That way, you would need to spy them a fair few times, draining CC just to make sure it was safe. A planet that it is not on's name would be randomly generated.

Opinions?
stu88
Forum Newbie

Darkalbino_ wrote:
My problem is that one can not know when a Platform is going to be there, and if by chance, runs into one, it completely destroys all fleets involved, without warning!! When we are talking fleet levels of 100K or over, that is over a 2tril loss, instantly, without warning!

You can't always play it safe, knowing exactly what your enemy has...that would be boring. Having your entire fleet wiped out is a chance you have to take for trying to steal someone else's planet in the first place! :-D
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

Possible, I do think you should get the chance to try to spy on the power of the platforms (not location though) so you can atleast guess what your minimum number of fleets you need to 100% gaurentee a mass.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the part about one never knowing if there are platforms, is by design... they are meant to be an unknown factor...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

I agree. It is hard luck if your mighty fleets get detroyed. That is the punishment for taking a planet. Has to work both ways.

Also, how the hell do you name your platforms. I have tried to name them but they keep defaulting back to mob def platforms.

Also, I cannot seem to assign them either. When i do, it defaults back to unassigned.

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Lore wrote:
Lois Lane wrote:
SnowGaurd wrote:slide over to the right..... Use the horizontal scroll bar

it does not fit my screen perfectly so I assume you have the same problem

:?
Screenshot? That problem is unknown to me.
Maybe it has to do with your screen resolution. :)

Probbably, I have the same problem vertically, but not horizontally.

Prolly comes from this 10 yr old PC im running.

1920x1200 OWNS!! :lol: 8)
Defense-Forcefield
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Gladiators
Race: Ancient
ID: 44462

Darkalbino_ wrote:

loosing a planet wich is heavily defended like that would surely cost alot more than 2 trils to the owner... and there is only 3 platform.
fleet as been increased, i think some players would like to keep at least 3 planets with all naq they invested in.
some planets worth more than our both account, would be too easy to get them in a simple massing
Frozen Flame
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Unknown

it is like this.. u can move it to left or right..

and defence.. your sig i made wrong.. it is alea iacta est.. not alea jacta est
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld

Found out what I was doing wrong now. Need to click the update button :shock: . I must find myself a new host the sarcophagus is taking it out of me :lol:

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Suggestions Archive”