Forum Grunt
Alliance: Novus Orsa
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: NFL Guru. [Real Football with a Pigskin Talk!]

LegendaryApophis wrote:
Medicus Atrum wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:
Lois Lane wrote:Erm.. well.. the concept of "manly nations" is nonsense at best.

Especially with those you listed. :P

I meant machist nations...so yes, those nations are machists more or less, and they all value football.

I find this idea of "unmanly" sport ridiculous myself, so I was just stating the oh so well machists countries all played football (since apparently it's not played because it's unmanly, so I threw out argument in this context ;) )

LOL, bad choice of countries, my friend.

France, England, Sweden, Netherlands, Cameroon, Nigeria, Mali and Germany value it as much. Better choices? :)

As for me saying it's not played in countries because it's unmanly, I said it's "It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport." meant to add [In America] to the end of that.
Most people view it as kinda dumb you just use your feet. Sorry, That's just the outlook in USA. If you don't think it applies, that's your problem, seeing as we're discussing the views of a sport mainly played in USA Vs. a sport that has been played for quite awhile everwhere else. I just thought I would give some facts that beliefs are based. ;)

Also, The reason why American Football doesn't spread like wildfire to all countries, is because the amount of strategy that it takes. Have you ever seen a play book for a Football team? Let alone an NFL team. @,@
Lol it's just passing the ball to the one who has the least changes currently to get hammered by opposite team what we see in your sport :P

Soccer takes to long and is waay to boring. You could say it's strategy, but really it's just constent passing between two-four player before the ball is stolen and the run the other way. It's just Cross-Country with a ball. :lol:
See above :P

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get some negetive comments from people, so bring 'em on. I have facts. :P

France, Are you serious?? ROFLMAO!!

Wow dude, You would be shocked (Sadly) at how much strategy is in Football, it's insane how much work is put into this sport.

As for soccer, You could go kick a tree and your training, lol

Now, If you've noticed, my posts are getting shorter, mainly 'cause I have to go, so! I shall see you later today or tomorrow to continue this, lol
~Medicus Atrum__
~Nos Inducas Ex Caelo Et Libera Nos In Malo~
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Medicus Atrum wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:
Medicus Atrum wrote:
LegendaryApophis wrote:
Lois Lane wrote:Erm.. well.. the concept of "manly nations" is nonsense at best.

Especially with those you listed. :P

I meant machist nations...so yes, those nations are machists more or less, and they all value football.

I find this idea of "unmanly" sport ridiculous myself, so I was just stating the oh so well machists countries all played football (since apparently it's not played because it's unmanly, so I threw out argument in this context ;) )

LOL, bad choice of countries, my friend.

France, England, Sweden, Netherlands, Cameroon, Nigeria, Mali and Germany value it as much. Better choices? :)

As for me saying it's not played in countries because it's unmanly, I said it's "It's actually looked down upon by most people as a very un-manly sport." meant to add [In America] to the end of that.
Most people view it as kinda dumb you just use your feet. Sorry, That's just the outlook in USA. If you don't think it applies, that's your problem, seeing as we're discussing the views of a sport mainly played in USA Vs. a sport that has been played for quite awhile everwhere else. I just thought I would give some facts that beliefs are based. ;)

Also, The reason why American Football doesn't spread like wildfire to all countries, is because the amount of strategy that it takes. Have you ever seen a play book for a Football team? Let alone an NFL team. @,@
Lol it's just passing the ball to the one who has the least changes currently to get hammered by opposite team what we see in your sport :P

Soccer takes to long and is waay to boring. You could say it's strategy, but really it's just constent passing between two-four player before the ball is stolen and the run the other way. It's just Cross-Country with a ball. :lol:
See above :P

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get some negetive comments from people, so bring 'em on. I have facts. :P

France, Are you serious?? ROFLMAO!!

Wow dude, You would be shocked (Sadly) at how much strategy is in Football, it's insane how much work is put into this sport.

As for soccer, You could go kick a tree and your training, lol

Now, If you've noticed, my posts are getting shorter, mainly 'cause I have to go, so! I shall see you later today or tomorrow to continue this, lol

What's your problem with France eh?
Yers I'm serious, being from France myself.
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

lulz at "real football" *3

real football would be what Americans call Soccer not American Football!!!!!!
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

M-A: did you watch that film, "Leatherheads"?
Brilliant comedy. It pokes fun at a lot of things..
It's far better as "Bend it like Beckham", which is amusing, but not as entertaining. :P

So if you ask me, Football is more fun to make fun of as soccer. :-D
Medicus Atrum
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Novus Orsa
Race: Goa'uld

LegendaryApophis wrote:What's your problem with France eh?
Yers I'm serious, being from France myself.

I don't think we make fun of a country more so in America then we do France, Excluding Canada perhaps, but those jokes are in jest. :lol:

I"m surprized you haven't quit this discussion already! LMAO! :lol:

Lois Lane wrote:M-A: did you watch that film, "Leatherheads"?
Brilliant comedy. It pokes fun at a lot of things..
It's far better as "Bend it like Beckham", which is amusing, but not as entertaining. :P

So if you ask me, Football is more fun to make fun of as soccer. :-D

Concerning Leatherheads, It's a comedy about Football, yes, and funnier aswell, The reason being not because it's easier to make fun of Football, No, It was because, unlike Bend It Like Beckham, weople who were actually funny actually wanted to do a film about a good sport. :P

And, You have to admit, It would be preaty fun to imagine people trying to come up with the sport of Soccer, I mean, It's like the first guy to milk a cow. LOL

Anyway, I really don't see a point of continuing this, mainly because my choice of the words "Real Football", Wern't meant as such, but to mean "A Real Sport", and that is why we should stop this pointless disagreement.

Your stance - Soccer/Futbol is the best. End of story. (Closed point)
My stance - Football is an amazing sport, and even though it hasn't been around as long as Futbol, it has been one of the fastest growing sports, with the National Football League of America, along with the Arena Football League of America, and the Canadian Football League, a rapid growth of fanbase, and if it wasn't for the current Mexican Border Crysis, we would already have expanded, or at least have created a league in the country. (The last NFL game to be held in Mexico was to a sold out crowd in a soccer arena, Mexican fans want Football, and at the moment they have to settle for watching the games of the lower, border states.)
To sum my point: Just because something hasn't been around as long, Doesn't mean it's worse then that which is older. A classic example would be USA Vs. UK, or rather, England. ;)

Anyway, I have no more reason to remain here talking about this, because I have a life to attend, and the NFL season is about to start.

Now, if you MUST continue this, please don't spam this thread. (Yes, I said Spam, Because the intent of this thread was to discuss Football, not which Football is better.)
Just send me PMs, I can ignore them easier that way if some of you demand on being pointless. Although I would rather skip out on the conversation entirly. ;)
~Medicus Atrum__
~Nos Inducas Ex Caelo Et Libera Nos In Malo~

Return to “Sports Section”