For the duration of the server war??

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: For the duration of the server war??

Nox wrote:but unrelated to that, why is this masking?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fracking

its a polite way to say a bad word, masking is that example i posted earlier, from bob the dog :?

It's not masking, it's not the word that got edited. Though it's a very bad idea to post words that you believe got another user warned.

The Bob example is a masked word, and would get a warning.

Nox wrote:and no one answered if draleg, that used the same word got warned also

I forgot, I'm kinda in the middle of a war I'd like to hurry up and win.

Anyway see above, he didn't get a warning because it wasn't necessary.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

i know its a bad idea, i dont usually do it, but if we're discussing forum related issues and rules, this is the right section to do it, and examples are needed

and deni, if you're talking about the post where manetheren used that female stuff, has u can see he wasnt calling anyone that, and Noobert, a forum mod, used that same "masking" words in his post, but again not calling anyone that, so i dont think that is a post to get a warning

but if it was cause of that post, he would get a warning, but he didnt, since he posted over 10hrs later of that post, to get banned ;)

and gl with the war jack
Last edited by Nox on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Nox wrote:i know its a bad idea, i dont usually do it, but if we're discussing forum related issues and rules, this is the right section to do it, and examples are needed

and deni, if you're talking about the post where manetheren used that female stuff, has u can see he wasnt calling anyone that, and Noobert, a forum admin, used that same "masking" words in his post, but again not calling anyone that, so i dont think that is a post to get a warning

but if it was cause of that post, he would get a warning, but he didnt, since he posted over 10hrs later of that post, to get banned ;)

and gl with the war jack

Noobert is a forum admin? :shock:
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

I don`t know who got banned, but i`m sure that the mods do their job acordingly with the rules. So why this thread if there are certain rules that were broken by certain users and the mods acted acordingly?

Regards.

PS. Not knowing the rules is not an excuse.
Have fun.
Nox
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Nox
ID: 5469

@freespirit, no he is not, i meant forum mod, i edited, tnx ;)

@nigatsu, its not about the users that got banned breaking rules, but mods breaking their own rules, the rules say, b4 being banned, a person has to receive 2 warnings b4 being suspended, in this case, no warning was issued b4 being suspended, if it was by the book i wouldnt be here posting about it :P

and i still dont believe that special rules are needed for this particular war :? there have been many big wars b4, and never were special rules for those, nor for any war, big or small, so why the exception ?
Tictac
Forum Grunt

most amusing was nooberts comment to me calling me a phalus...I do believe this was a direct insult! :roll:

Are we allowed to directly insult people now? runs off to cause havoc
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

These special rules for this war were put in place because people were repeatingly breaking the general forum rules, or breaking them on purpose to make mods job hard. I know that i was warned and suspended for doing this before retiring. :P
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

Nox wrote:@freespirit, no he is not, i meant forum mod, i edited, tnx ;)

@nigatsu, its not about the users that got banned breaking rules, but mods breaking their own rules, the rules say, b4 being banned, a person has to receive 2 warnings b4 being suspended, in this case, no warning was issued b4 being suspended, if it was by the book i wouldnt be here posting about it :P

and i still dont believe that special rules are needed for this particular war :? there have been many big wars b4, and never were special rules for those, nor for any war, big or small, so why the exception ?

It actually said verbal warnings if i recal lcorrectly. Not that i have kept up with the topic just to see the pointless bantering, flaming and insulting your opponent from both sides. However i must say that every member of FUALL and TJP were well aware of these rules and the admin staff has warned in advance that if they have to take action upon that you have brought it upon yourself. Now I know manetheren and I know hes not one to throw insults around but as member of the mod team I say the rules were written and they were acted upon by the appointed mods.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Nox wrote:i know its a bad idea, i dont usually do it, but if we're discussing forum related issues and rules, this is the right section to do it, and examples are needed

and deni, if you're talking about the post where manetheren used that female stuff, has u can see he wasnt calling anyone that, and Noobert, a forum mod, used that same "masking" words in his post, but again not calling anyone that, so i dont think that is a post to get a warning

and gl with the war jack

If you want/need examples, that is what PM's and MSN is for.

There are no "masked" words in Noobert's posts. I just checked.

And thanks.

Nox wrote:@nigatsu, its not about the users that got banned breaking rules, but mods breaking their own rules, the rules say, b4 being banned, a person has to receive 2 warnings b4 being suspended, in this case, no warning was issued b4 being suspended, if it was by the book i wouldnt be here posting about it :P

He got warnings, just not everything is public knowledge.

Nox wrote:and i still dont believe that special rules are needed for this particular war :? there have been many big wars b4, and never were special rules for those, nor for any war, big or small, so why the exception ?

The rules were made specifically for this war, if you would like to debate them, then you need to take them up with the administrators.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

If people weren't so damn rude and abusive in that thread then there would be no special rules for it.

You only have yourselves to blame.
Image ImageImageImage
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Tictac wrote:most amusing was nooberts comment to me calling me a phalus...I do believe this was a direct insult! :roll:

The word phalus is not necesarily and insult. :P
There are many words that could be used to insult that are not semanticaly an insult. Unles the word "phalus" is censored on these forums i do not believe that someone can report it as an insult. What isn`t in the law isn`t breaking of the law, imo (politicians use this all the time).
Tictac
Forum Grunt

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Tictac wrote:most amusing was nooberts comment to me calling me a phalus...I do believe this was a direct insult! :roll:

There are many words that could be used to insult that are not semanticaly an insult. Unles the word "phalus" is censored on these forums i do not believe that someone can report it as an insult. What isn`t in the law isn`t breaking of the law, imo (politicians use this all the time).

actually, within reason if someone finds a comment towards them insulting...it should be treated by mods as such....we all know what that word means...and it was even used in the correct context!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

It means willy or penis..... calling someone a willy is laughable, but not offensive.
Image ImageImageImage
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Tictac wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

actually, within reason if someone finds a comment towards them insulting...it should be treated by mods as such....we all know what that word means...and it was even used in the correct context!

So if you`re for example a PETA and someone calls you an animal (name one), you`d be insulted and the said person warned because he offended you. It`s hard to think that. The mods can only use the tools that they have and until that word is censored, technicaly it is not an insult on these forums.
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory

Tictac wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

Ehm not quite

U may find something insulting cause its directed at you but if i follow ur book i would have to warn someone for everything u find insulting. That would enable a lot of pointless warnings and complainst thus in the end we derail further from the goals set out. Try finding any forum mod who mods the way u say it should be to correct my statement but no i dont agree with u.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”