Clarkey

Ombudsman Case Archives
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Re: Clarkey

Mystake wrote:I'd like Clarkey to receive a warning point for his post in a birthday thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131556&start=0

as a moderator it was unnecessary for him to contribute to the thread with a "K". I believe he should have known better than to post uselessly in a thread dedicated to my birthday... which then was "hijacked" (in quotes because it really wasn't a full out hijack). Clarkey then proceeded to wish someone else a happy birthday in it.

If that's not disrespectful behavior, I don't know what is. The moderator made a clear post that he didn't care and then proceeded to wish someone else a happy birthday.

It's fairly insulting and as a moderator he should have known better than to be disrespectful on this occasion and be a part of the hijacking of a thread.

1. I can't issue warnings...So don't waste my time again.
2. Birthday threads have been used by damn near everyone...
3. I am tired of the hunt Clarkey threads, since he spends most of his time hunting cheaters....(one wonders why certain people go after him specifically).

A 2nd topic of a similar nature by you, will result in me requesting a warning for spam. I will however allow you to respond before I lock the topic.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

hmm, so I have a legitimate complaint about a moderator not modding a thread and more so contributing to the derailment of it and I get brushed off?

I expect a bit better of a response.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:hmm, so I have a legitimate complaint about a moderator not modding a thread and more so contributing to the derailment of it and I get brushed off?

What was there to mod?

Oh people started wishing MFC a happy birthday too, oh wow boo hoo.
As an upstanding member of the community that you make yourself appear to be you should be open to sharing your thread to wish other people in the community a happy birthday.

The fact that so many happy birthday threads are created is a joke really. If you want to say happy birthday to someone then PM them. Or better still maybe we should have just 1 happy birthday thread and whenever someone wants to wish someone a happy birthday they go to that thread and that thread only.

But i find it rather silly to be so pathetic over someone posting 'k' in your thread.... oh that's right, it was because it was ME that wrote it, now I understand.

Like I said there was nothing to mod. The thread was still on the topic of 'Happy Birthday' the only difference is some people wished someone else a happy birthday and some people wished BOTH of you a happy birthday.

I'm sorry if you get offended and upset just because some people wished MFC a happy birthday in your happy birthday thread.... I mean what were they thinking????
Image ImageImageImage
Mystake
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:
Mystake wrote:hmm, so I have a legitimate complaint about a moderator not modding a thread and more so contributing to the derailment of it and I get brushed off?

What was there to mod?

Oh people started wishing MFC a happy birthday too, oh wow boo hoo.
As an upstanding member of the community that you make yourself appear to be you should be open to sharing your thread to wish other people in the community a happy birthday.

The fact that so many happy birthday threads are created is a joke really. If you want to say happy birthday to someone then PM them. Or better still maybe we should have just 1 happy birthday thread and whenever someone wants to wish someone a happy birthday they go to that thread and that thread only.

But i find it rather silly to be so pathetic over someone posting 'k' in your thread.... oh that's right, it was because it was ME that wrote it, now I understand.

Like I said there was nothing to mod. The thread was still on the topic of 'Happy Birthday' the only difference is some people wished someone else a happy birthday and some people wished BOTH of you a happy birthday.

I'm sorry if you get offended and upset just because some people wished MFC a happy birthday in your happy birthday thread.... I mean what were they thinking????

Funny you should say that, you spammed a thread.
Firstly, it was "k" then it was "Happy birthday MFC"

As a moderator you should've used better judgment than to spam the thread. I can expect better conduct than you. As for calling me an upstanding member of the community, I am not in a position of authority. You should've maintained the topic of the thread rather than support the hijacking.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!

Good times ;)
#-o
Mystake
Forum Addict

pianomutt20000 wrote:Mods will need to contact me via pm, and not post in any thread in this section. This is mainly due to the request of several players, who made their case. They prefer the mods deal with me in a private manner over pm. This however will be waved if the party making the complaint so decides.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=117720

Good times ;)
#-o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:
pianomutt20000 wrote:Mods will need to contact me via pm, and not post in any thread in this section. This is mainly due to the request of several players, who made their case. They prefer the mods deal with me in a private manner over pm. This however will be waved if the party making the complaint so decides.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=117720

And?

If we are playing the quoting game, then maybe you should read a bit further down that thread.

pianomutt20000 wrote:That was the idea, but after consulting several mods I am amending it once again. The mod whom is in question may post, but not others. I understand the need to protect your fellows, to guard them from what you see as slander on their character.

None the less, it's my job to find a middle ground. So limits are on all sides ;)

Bill [/color]

So what was the point of your quote???
Image ImageImageImage
Mystake
Forum Addict

well then bill should edit the first post shouldn't he?
The point of that post should have been very clear considering what I quoted.

You failed to read the post previous to the last one of mine you quoted... go read it and then try to come up with a defense to it.

Good times ;)
#-o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:well then bill should edit the first post shouldn't he?
The point of that post should have been very clear considering what I quoted.

You failed to read the post previous to the last one of mine you quoted... go read it and then try to come up with a defense to it.

I did read the first post, I just didn't see the point in replying to it.

Facts are that you are complaining because I posted:

'k' and;
'happy birthday to MFC'

In your Birthday thread.
Now you may not think so, but I think it is the most rediculous things to complain about.
You did not report anyone else from spamming your thread, but you go after me purely because i am a Mod.

Try coming up with something that is worth of a complaint being made or a warning given.
Otherwise it's just a joke at your expense.
Image ImageImageImage
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

while i may not..... no, i certainly dont agree with you on this matter Mystake, i have to admit that i respect you for using the system the way it is supposed to be used, ie coming to the ombudsman etc. whereas so many others dont.

now to the issue at hand.

there are far more offensive things to be posting than 'k' and 'happy birthday mfc' and in itself for a moderator to post these things isnt unacceptable at all.

the thread last i saw was in Misc, therefore under my 'jurisdiction' for lack of a better word, and as such i guess im not all that impressed that you didnt report the post or approach me or any of my fellow misc mods to resolve the issue in the post, and maybe if you still had some issue with clarkey then a simple PM might have been in order rather than coming here and complaining about something admittedly so miniscule.

~soul
'thoughts....'
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Mystake
Forum Addict

At the time the thread was in General.

I also asked Jack to clean up the thread, so I did approach another moderator to get the thread cleaned up, pre it being moved out of General. I feel Clarkey did not contribute to the thread in a manner that was appropriate to the original title of the thread.

Good times ;)
#-o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:I feel Clarkey did not contribute to the thread in a manner that was appropriate to the original title of the thread.

And did you complain about anyone else that you feel didn't contribute to the thread in a manner that was appropriate of the original title of the thread...... or are you just using my position as a Mod to personally target me?

Complain about all or none! Don't pick on people, can be seen as bullying.
Image ImageImageImage
Mystake
Forum Addict

Why would I complain about a regular forum user? I said, I asked Jack to clean the thread up (while it was still in General). Why would a non-moderator be responsible to uphold the forum rules?

If there are 10 cars doing 20km/h over the speed limit, and one of them is a police officer... are you going to complain that the cars are speeding or that the police officer isn't trying to prevent it/stop it?

Good times ;)
#-o
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mystake wrote:If there are 10 cars doing 20km/h over the speed limit, and one of them is a police officer... are you going to complain that the cars are speeding or that the police officer isn't trying to prevent it/stop it?

lol if one of the 'speeding' cars is a Police car then I'd suspect they are speeding to a crime, therefore very unlikely to do anything about the 9 other speeding cars.

Seriously, you are complaining over a 'k' and wishing MFC a happy birthday!
Man I haven't laughed so hard for a long time.

I see you like spamming too: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=131996&p=1594249#p1594249
Oh that's right you can do it because you're not a MOD!!!!
GET OVER YOURSELF!!!
Image ImageImageImage
Ishtak
Forum Grunt
Alliance: CorAi Imp. Warrior
Race: Snake

god, have you ppl nothing better to do then to get upset about such crap... ??

there are way more important things in life than such a game.. those "he did this" "he started it" are just downright stupid.. how old are you ? 4 ?!

THIS IS A GAME !

get a life *lol* :lol:

*there´s a nice little planet of ours which you could visit from time to time, if u would go outdoors...*
Looking for Officers ! *June 2009*

you snooze - you lose *rofl*
InR says (21:41):
*i dont wanna cybersex with u anymore :D
InR says (21:41):
*u changed gender :D
Trade Feedback:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... hp?t=58029
Mystake
Forum Addict

Clarkey wrote:
Mystake wrote:If there are 10 cars doing 20km/h over the speed limit, and one of them is a police officer... are you going to complain that the cars are speeding or that the police officer isn't trying to prevent it/stop it?

lol if one of the 'speeding' cars is a Police car then I'd suspect they are speeding to a crime, therefore very unlikely to do anything about the 9 other speeding cars.

Seriously, you are complaining over a 'k' and wishing MFC a happy birthday!
Man I haven't laughed so hard for a long time.

I see you like spamming too: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=131996&p=1594249#p1594249
Oh that's right you can do it because you're not a MOD!!!!
GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

LOL
I need to get over myself? I think you need to get over yourself. I am not the law enforcement of this forum, I don't need to uphold the rules or remind others that they need to uphold them.

Don't be mad because I don't think you did your job.

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Case Archives”