allaince ranking should be changed

papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human
ID: 0

Re: allaince ranking should be changed

Lore wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:1it just as valid a way to rank players, as is the way it is done now
1. I think the definition of what rank means is in question here. Rank has always been about stats. Now its being looked at more as activity. I'll explain more later, but because of the "activity" part of it I disagree with the statement.

the whole issue is around rank, and how we are dignifying it. There in becoming a clear split in the game as a whole between those who use there accounts to war and those who use there accounts to grow. Nothing wrong with either of those play of the game(truly a symbiotic relationship), and there is an art to holding income keeping down lose, as much as there is a art to a good massing. However, when we come to the nuts and bolts of "rank", (knowing full well that every one says rank doesn't matter, but can tell u theirs) If rank, for players and alliances stays about stats only, then a whole segment of the community loses out. I have grown my account while in endless war (YA FS) as do a lot of players. The argument that u can't grow in war is null and void at this point. Some players have learn the art of growing this way. They should be shown at the very lest by having there game play awarded, if only by a new ranking system.

2But we are talking whole alliance ME, ME is a good gauge of activity, be slight(raiding and farming) or large (massing). So is it right, that alliances that are active as war alliances (little stats due to return massing) vs alliances filled with barely active accounts share ranks. On that note, hats off DDE, almost always in the top five, almost always at war.

I personally fully disagree with this statement. Let me explain. Who is more active? A mid range account built defense heavy who loggs in every 2 hrs to bank and train, and who crit/nox at night to control his income,,,OR,,,A guy who loggs in before bed 1 time a day to mass anything up and running be it def or MS? Whos more active? Whos has more ME? I see this day after day.

[color=#BF0080]the guy who logs in once a day to mass, will have very little stats to speak of, and if the ME formula was updated to subtract his loses from his gains, i think we would fine that they would drop in rank, and the person who logs in every two hours, and dose all things small account do(nox/crit/raid/farm inactive) would raise in the ranks simply because he would not be having ME subtracted as often.

As for sharing Ranks,,,,,,,,I'm torn. I do see and agree with your point, but also personally think if they are truely inactive, then they will not hold their rank.

As for the hats off, 1 warrior to another, Thank You
[/color]

3Also if u notice, there is a plus/minus at the end of the ME calculations. Don't know if Jason planned on having loses count against your rank when he started it, but I think it's time that happen . ME ranking is inflated right now because they don't take in to account the loses major Massers take from those massing, even if it is in lost Attack supers, or return massing because of there actions. If this would happen, then the ranking of whole alliance ME would change, because we all know the actions of one offen bring lost to all.

I fully 100% agree your losses should count against you. I also think they should be logged, and reset yearly as a Q wave is done as they will soon loss their meaning as an account 1 or 2 yrs old will never be able to compete in ME.

This would be the start...the big rush of updates bring fear and anger from the community at large, a smaller, thought out step by step approach would suit me fine.
Easy^ Rocks
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

while I agree with the sentimate, I just dont agree with what your trying to do. Until you fix the fundamentals of the game your proposed ME ranking system is worthless. As long as a person can mass away 100 times more then they lose and never have to fear any retaliation of any kind ME is worthless as a ranking system.

Not to mention, how will a new account EVER hope to gain G&R? They won't. Thats hundreds of accounts that will never see ascention and that means hundreds of accounts that will never be able to compete.

Honestly, if a new account started fresh on Jan 1. How long will it take him to get into G&R range in a ME rank system? It takes 6 month to 1 yr to become competetive if you were allowed to ascend, now try it without ascention.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

i agree with player part, but i am saying use this new method for alliance rankings only
Easy^ Rocks
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

Doing it for alliances will have the same effect. As is, there are quite a few ppl who rigorously chase ME. Ranking alliances by it would make alliances chase ME, diminishing the chances of unascended accounts staying in GR for any length of time.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

so you are wanting a complete redo of alliance ranking independantly?

I can more agree with that, but still, if no archiving or restart of ME its pointless as the same handful of alliances will always be in the same place therefore nulling there even being a reason for rank to begin with.

If the top 10 never change, then whats the point?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Platypus0
Fledgling Forumer

in a war game to keep stats is a challange as so i think its a good ranking system
but i still think ac should be removed from ranking or make lifer suicide 1 lifer per 1 ac killed

i think its a better solution than ME ranking
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Platypus0 wrote:in a war game to keep stats is a challange as so i think its a good ranking system
but i still think ac should be removed from ranking or make lifer suicide 1 lifer per 1 ac killed

And coming from an alliance thats been at war for 7 months and still rank 1 often, it is a challenge and it comes with a cost,,, and guess what, by doing so, under the ME ranking system the ones with no stats who log in once a day will out rank us.
Reason, youll get dead.
Platypus0
Fledgling Forumer

Lore wrote:
Platypus0 wrote:in a war game to keep stats is a challange as so i think its a good ranking system

And coming from an alliance thats been at war for 7 months and still rank 1 often, it is a challenge and it comes with a cost,,, and guess what, by doing so, under the ME ranking system the ones with no stats who log in once a day will out rank us.

yep..
and i agree that ME should be reseted every 6 months or every year
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Platypus0 wrote:and i agree that ME should be reseted every 6 months or every year

If it isnt done then ME will lose its meaning.
Reason, youll get dead.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
Platypus0 wrote:and i agree that ME should be reseted every 6 months or every year

i would go with once a month even, 3 screens for the anal, one current, one temp, one life time

the current would reset, have your loses count agaist your rank and be counted in the alliance ranking and the player ranking would stay the way it is, but would have a lower g/r point(different can of worms)

[spoiler]my main point in the alliance ranking is, alliance by there nature should be a group who plays together for a common goal. By adding the total ME of an alliance, u see what alliance are most active as a group. I know, but what about the growers(i use this to aviod the dreaded name calling of statbuilder lol) ? By using this, stargateWARS would see those who war, and those who don't. This would be helpfull to new to mid range players, knowing who to avoid while they where growing. I know it would not remove the off hand hit on larger accounts by very small accounts, but i always try to take those on officer. This system should be linked to alliance banks and what ever thing is planned for them[/spoiler]

the second would be for those like me, who like to see how they do during active times, i personally can see how active i am with the temp right now, and if i am making a profit(growth)

the last (life time)would be for the massing monsters who just love to see those numbers climb and would not count against any thing, just like now.
Easy^ Rocks
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:
Lore wrote:

i would go with once a month even, 3 screens for the anal, one current, one temp, one life time

the current would reset, have your loses count agaist your rank and be counted in the alliance ranking and the player ranking would stay the way it is, but would have a lower g/r point(different can of worms)

[spoiler]my main point in the alliance ranking is, alliance by there nature should be a group who plays together for a common goal. By adding the total ME of an alliance, u see what alliance are most active as a group. I know, but what about the growers(i use this to aviod the dreaded name calling of statbuilder lol) ? By using this, stargateWARS would see those who war, and those who don't. This would be helpfull to new to mid range players, knowing who to avoid while they where growing. I know it would not remove the off hand hit on larger accounts by very small accounts, but i always try to take those on officer. This system should be linked to alliance banks and what ever thing is planned for them[/spoiler]

the second would be for those like me, who like to see how they do during active times, i personally can see how active i am with the temp right now, and if i am making a profit(growth)

the last (life time)would be for the massing monsters who just love to see those numbers climb and would not count against any thing, just like now.

with a high turn over on ME count I can agree with the idea of using it for alliance ranking. But Honestly, I still think the top 10 will never change much.

Overall it is a good idea now after some discussion. I still don't feel ME is an acurate gage of activity. As long as people can sit statless ME is a worthless number.
Reason, youll get dead.
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

Platypus0 wrote:i think that AC should be removed from total power, or make suicide rate 1 - 1.
and ME calc is wrong atm..

Couldn't agree more.

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Seeing the total ME of players and alliances would be interesting on the attack page as a option but I dont think it should replace the current ranks system, maybe just run along side it so players can 'sort' players/alliances by one of two buttons.

I dont think ME should be reset, I quite like seeing my total kills, even though I and many others played for years before ME even started. Anyone who wants to periodically reset temp records can already do so.

ME has several glitches, a major one is account sales and transfers, many accounts change hands so many players have ME's they didn't earn.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:Seeing the total ME of players and alliances would be interesting on the attack page as a option but I dont think it should replace the current ranks system, maybe just run along side it so players can 'sort' players/alliances by one of two buttons.

I dont think ME should be reset, I quite like seeing my total kills, even though I and many others played for years before ME even started. Anyone who wants to periodically reset temp records can already do so.

ME has several glitches, a major one is account sales and transfers, many accounts change hands so many players have ME's they didn't earn.

The life long acheivements could stay, but the "ranked" part needs to reset.
Reason, youll get dead.
Tekki
Forum Addict

There is no reason it can't be reset and re-ranked but keeping the over all records. it's already done with glory in quantum. you have an overall glory ranking and then the wave rank.

Though I dn't like the idea of ME being used to guage alliance ranks. While aggression is encouraged, we are encouraged also to build stats, the entire point of the game being to build stats sufficient to keep your resources safe. So that's why I think stats should remain the ranking system.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Suggestions Archive”