You all asked for it.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: Disappointed in this game...

Borek wrote:Well i agree completely Jim. Only the issues for me are not the fact i got farmed for pathetic hits when i slept last night, although obviously i did, it's the fact the game isn't even close to being ready for Live launch yet gary rushed it into production.

People who tried to sign up at the start couldn't do so, there is no finished Market, no finished weapons research tech, no normal techs, we have been left using the crappy weapons with no idea when or if we can upgrade.

Quite frankly it's a very bad joke on us players, i thought the whole point in beta testing was to actually get a finished game for launch, not a botched half-assed game with several key features not even designed, let alone coded.

Fact is this is just another unprofessional rush-job, sorry Gary, but it's the truth.

True...I had rank 2 def and I got hit so much for defended hits, seriously, dont people know about the 1AT test def thing? :? Instead of minimassing for 7k naq on rank 2 def? :shock:
If I had 25k naq I would agree but here wth so much hits on me it's crazy! :shock:

And Semper, well, for so reason I expected RP wouldn't work much here.. :(
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

lol.

Patience!

the lot of you!

Do any of you have 40-50million to spend on the tech upgrades? I think not... the market? You probably would not be able to afford anything there either.

this is a developing stage of the game! You get hit for a couple k naq, of course you do! I would be doing no less myself if I were not on ppt.

At this point, every little helps, no defence, no strike, no covert will be definitive. Stop winging...and get on with it. Go farming, start filling your bank for your next covert level, or your next UP upgrade. Only the strong will survive this stage...are you strong?
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Borek
Forum Addict

I have been mini-massed for 1 turns income, although to be fair at the time the guy couldn't see my naq as i had rank 1 covert.

Another huge issue is the fact that all the game accounts that got made in beta and are not being played are just going to sit in the game rankings on permanent PPT, not generating hardly any UU or naq, never able to be farmed.

Players also need to know whether they can buy a PPT or 2 like in main, coz i'm betting without any PPT on offer and still having no way to kill spies in game we are just going down the route of polarising the entire game into having 90% army as spies. I already have that in the german sgw and it's amazingly boring most of the time.

Thing that really does amaze me is quite how many things that have been asked for have not been added in. People have been asking from the start for killable units, we haven't got them, the PPT issue was a hotly debated subject, we have no info on whether or not we can take one or 2 per week, how they will be purchased etc.

As i said earlier, this isn't game ready for launch, it's still in heavy beta, i for one am sick and tired of playing rush-job games with broken features and many key points still undecided and far from coded. I am even more annoyed that i spent a lot of effort in the "beta" only to find that it was pretty much for nothing as i now have to beta test it in live launch aswell.

And shut up Semper, come off PPT and start playing this game you are defending if you love it so much, then you will soon see how messed up it is and that jim and i have a damn accurate point or 2 to complain about.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

tbh reason you get farmed for tiny ammounts is that it's 1 turn worth of income (don't we farm for 1 turn worth of income in main too? FUALL vs TTF? anyone?). Also fact that we have turns resetted each turn makes it pointless to not farm and let them sit at xx set ammount while you can use them and get 3 times bigger income than yours is.

Also techs/market wouldn't have any effect at this point anyway, too expensive. Also what would be the point for more powerfull and expensive weps if you can hardly affor current soldier+wep combo purchase?

Give this a time, game is still young ;)
Sokar
Forum Newbie

The dates of the releasing of the updates should be announced with at least one week ahead. Such updates like: AC, MS (if any), market, etc.

Until then, the game is free to evolve. I highly doubt that someone will buy an AC at this stage of the game. And also, there is no need for higher weapons, yet.
Borek
Forum Addict

Horus God Of Light wrote:tbh reason you get farmed for tiny ammounts is that it's 1 turn worth of income (don't we farm for 1 turn worth of income in main too? FUALL vs TTF? anyone?). Also fact that we have turns resetted each turn makes it pointless to not farm and let them sit at xx set ammount while you can use them and get 3 times bigger income than yours is.

Also techs/market wouldn't have any effect at this point anyway, too expensive. Also what would be the point for more powerfull and expensive weps if you can hardly affor current soldier+wep combo purchase?

Give this a time, game is still young ;)

It's called planning, how can one plan for something that hasn't been added yet, hasn't been tested for bugs etc?

I don't care how much it costs, i care about the fact i can't start planning.

I mean do i assume gary isn't going to add in any way to kill spies and start pushing immediately to make all my army spies or do i wait and see just incase i spend 20k per spy (most expensive unit in game) only to find out in a few weeks he will change the game and my entire army can be massacred via an untested new feature i will no doubt know nothing about until it appears in game?
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
hexfactor
Forum Grunt
ID: 1916035

I am thankful for that PPT, the amount I am making per turn is pitiful (as I am sure most of you will agree about your own incomes) but its still very early, had I not read the thread about the PPT, I would have missed my window and my income would have been eaten by the late night (for me) farmers :P

Farming will happen, we all make nothing per turn, but if you combine the income from 3 others with your own, it starts to add up, hitting higher defenses is probably a bad idea though with the limited turns we all have
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

i lol at legendary apophis sitting in 5th saying he is dissapointed with the game. I think the fact defences ar destroyed overnight adds to the tactics factor, do you build a decent defence for while your online or not :/ decent question that im sure we will find the answer to sooner or later.
Borek
Forum Addict

cjl wrote:i lol at legendary apophis sitting in 5th saying he is dissapointed with the game. I think the fact defences ar destroyed overnight adds to the tactics factor, do you build a decent defence for while your online or not :/ decent question that im sure we will find the answer to sooner or later.
troops cost 5x as much as the weapons so it's very easy to replace the weapons and the troops don't get killed in attacks until there's much more of them.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Borek wrote:
cjl wrote:i lol at legendary apophis sitting in 5th saying he is dissapointed with the game. I think the fact defences ar destroyed overnight adds to the tactics factor, do you build a decent defence for while your online or not :/ decent question that im sure we will find the answer to sooner or later.
troops cost 5x as much as the weapons so it's very easy to replace the weapons and the troops don't get killed in attacks until there's much more of them.

Hence why I regained my rank cjl ;)
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

I for one would like the higher weapons to become available it's near impossible to construct a formidable defense at this stage because all the crappy weapons we have access to will break down overnight .

Avatar And Banner Created by BAHAMUT SGWs Number one Graphic designer.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

I for one would like more meaningful repair cost for attack weapons (would stop all the stupid 1 turn naq hits). At least wait for 2 turns worth of income people.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I'm not at all disappointed.. sure, I see Borek and other very active farmers rake in larger quantities of naq, but hitting people while they are farming (pretty high success rate) is quite much fun.

And as said, rebuilding your defence which you lost overnight isn't that expensive at this level.. very entertaining. :)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I refuse to even build a defense until it has some use, I'd rather go all offense.

And I fully agree with Borek, another rush hack job and I am somewhat disappointed drasticly. Even the wonderfuly explained and presented arguement about the 48 hr PPTs were laid on deaf ears and ignored, so the ever present "gap" is already starting to present itself as people who are online much set and go down the list by ID# hitting for big PPT and gaining advantages. Its not that I mind it happening as its natural, it that it was FULLY explained before this rushed launch, and still allowed to happen.

Now you see why I don't do blind leaps, and the unique link recruitment is another, nice to explain that one to everyone LOL
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Scorpionq
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Dragons of Destiny
ID: 78333

Personally i believe the game is going well... You have to earn your growth and and it is made to be a level playing field. no one can go out and become to big to fast. we have to work to get where we want. Updates will come out and i'm sure we will find ways to Complain about those tooo...

Return to “Origins General Chat”