25%
ascention : no
23%

Total votes: 163
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

Re: Give the game back to the real players.

Draleg wrote:As stated before , stop slowing down ppl who play longer / better / more ,

Ppl get punched for playing the game to the full , slackers get the easy way handed on a silver plate and still complain.

Make the game fair again to who deserves it , not to who whines about never going to be able to catch up ,

first, there are only handfull of players who are wiling to play this game all day, so what i am saying is there are more slackers then actual full time players. So if you change rules and make the strong players strong, more people will leave and there wont a game to play.

second , "there are more players who while about never going to be able to catch up", and to tell you the truth, they are the reason this game exists. It is those people that donate to the game, THe people who are full time players wont need to donate. So u should stop insulting the slackers, cause without them, there wont be game for u to dominate over!
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Fire_of_Venus
Forum Grunt

Another dedicated sell for $$ person speaks up.

I'm sorry AssAsinX but your views are tempered by your ingame actions of selling as many resources for cash as you can.

This isn't going to benefit those who sit all day long. Lore has said frequently for example he has a full time job and therefore does not spend much time actually ingame. Rather this will benefit those who want to work at their accounts and not merely profiteer.

This is a game, not a money making exercise, and those who are willing to play are the ones being punished.
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

There , i did not even have to reply to your post , someone els pointed to you and told you your wrong and just play to make $$ .
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

thats exactly what im trying to say, If people like me dont exists, who are only playing this for cash then there wont be a game for u to play. Because obviously u people wont donate to the game, because u wouldnt need to, you would be that good.

Others who needs to will, and thats how the game is going on.

Fire_of_Venus wrote:This is a game, not a money making exercise, and those who are willing to play are the ones being punished.

i agree taht those people who are willng to play are punished, but u see there are only a handfull of players that are willing to play.

others play with other ways.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Then I guess I'm getting a double whammy then, thats nice to know. Being a consistant long term player, and a player who doesnt buy and sell with $$ to make a profit, but does it with all profit going back into the game in the form of donations for myself and others.

Makes me feel even better :?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

AssAsinX wrote:thats exactly what im trying to say, If people like me dont exists, who are only playing this for cash then there wont be a game for u to play. Because obviously u people wont donate to the game, because u wouldnt need to, you would be that good.

1 : lol , and you really believe that ?
2 : Who says we " big players " dont put $$ in the game ?
3 : And with the need for MPSD's there will allways be ppl paying for the game , the only thing is that $$ will be going to Jason and not in your pockets.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Tacet
Forum Regular
Alliance: T I T A N S
ID: 84055

AssAsinX wrote:thats exactly what im trying to say, If people like me dont exists, who are only playing this for cash then there wont be a game for u to play. Because obviously u people wont donate to the game, because u wouldnt need to, you would be that good.

I don't like all the supporter bonuses, but have never argued against them, exactly for that reason - the game needs some kind of $$ source. But please be kind and enlighten me as to what advantages there are for the game if you get money out of it? You could convince me of advantages if Jason receives money (better servers, bandwidth, paying the programmer...) but certainly not if YOU're the one pocketing the money. Instead, you detract from the game, as funds that would have gone to the game now goes to your personal pocket.
Ken jy my nou? Het jy die spiëel gesien en ken jy jou?
Do now you know me? Did you see the mirror and do you know yourself?
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate
ID: 96625

The only problem with removing the cap all in one go is the effect it would have on the market economy. IF the cap is to removed, it should be gradual. With this, the value of UU will not change as much. Unless you want players who will be able to buy 20m UU a day based on their income. As accounts get larger, so does their income. This will create a HUGE gap between accounts that are stat builders, and those in war. Stat builders will have much larger army sizes than those in war, assuming they can defend their income. I'm not sure changing the cap on main will produce an immediate, stable result. Therefore i will vote No to main. Ascended on the other hand, does not matter since there is trading system or raiding.
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Tekki
Forum Addict

LOL It will effect those in a war?

Actually Lu Bu it won't. Those who are in wars and who actively work on it often have a much bigger income than a pure stat builder.

BUT they have to work on it. Those who are in wars as merely a farm will of course be disadvantaged.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

Yea, but you only get 4 days of income compared to 7
=/
~King of the Goa'uld~
A powerful and intelligent Goa'uld, Lu Bu was a leader among the System Lords and is one of the oldest Goa'uld to currently hold that rank.
Legend says that Lu Bu sprang forth into the world from a dragon's body, and possessed great mythic powers.
Tekki
Forum Addict

It could just be this war 'cos there are a lot of enemies, but when I remember to pay attention to farming and not massing, I can make up the missing three days income. :D
Spoiler

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lu Bu
Forum Intermediate

yea i know what you mean.
I understand the larger players are waiting for a change, but it has potential to drastically change the economy for everyone - whether they sell for $ or not. That's the only reason why i see this won't happen, unless admin comes up with a gradual cap expansion or another solution.

Here's an idea: Maybe there can be another tech similar to how the spy level cost works, which adds a % to your individual trading cap. Say the upgrade is called galactic population expansion. Since this tech is aimed towards larger accounts, it is more expensive (smaller players won't need it). This tech would not reset with ascensions. Start the cost at 5 Trillion for level 1. Each level adds +5% to the current caps, thus creating individual caps per account.

Heres how it would work: The current limits are
population > 422,328,767 disease will surely strike your lands.
population > 316,746,575 and raiding is no longer possible.
population > 211,164,384 and trading/buying units no longer possible.

So the first upgrade, costing 5 trill, would then make your individual caps these values:(+5%)
population > 443,445,205 disease will surely strike your lands.
population > 332,583,903 and raiding is no longer possible.
population > 221,722,603 and trading/buying units no longer possible.

The second upgrade,costing 10 trill, based off the games cap, not your upgraded one, would be these values:(+10%)
population > 464,561,643 disease will surely strike your lands.
population > 348,421,232 and raiding is no longer possible.
population > 232,280,822 and trading/buying units no longer possible.

And so on. Thus Level 4 costs 40 trillion and adds +20% (cumulative). Of course, this tech would change the original growth rate for the games caps, so the games cap growth rate would have to have a constant growth value rather than being based off of account growth

Any ideas on this?
~King of the Goa'uld~
Tacet
Forum Regular

Lu Bu wrote:.... the games cap growth rate would have to have a constant growth value rather than being based off of account growth

Any ideas on this?

Yep. I can't say I like it, as its only real effect and aim is to slow down the big players. With your cost growth (which seems to be a linear/exponential combination?) the cost for level 7 seems to be quite large, without actually gaining you a lot.

Taking out the cap totally would influence game economy. So did changing the AT generation rate, the AT cap, the fleet prices, planet defence prices... I suspect that UU prices will grow a bit, since big players at the plague cap will stop selling. That should take about 6-10 mil (rough guess) out of the market per day. That really is not much. Those same players might actually start buying UU, which should have a larger influence on the UU price. UU will probably become a scarce commodity, which might actually have a positive influence. The top players will shoot out and gain tremendous strength, while the smaller players will have to play clever and work hard to gain the elite of those top players. I think this should make the server quite interesting for a while. I would love to see this happen. And yes, I do realize that I would be outgrown quickly by a large number of accounts.
Tekki
Forum Addict

The game's growth rate IS constant.

It's 25million UU a year added to the caps. That is all.

Lu Bu, I can see where you are going with this and I think it would need to be altered a bit as the top accounts would suddenly have to spend all thier income on growth techs. And even then by about lev 5 or 6, the growth won't be cost effective (or even marginally so).

Actually we've seen what the effect of cap raising is on the market before. The caps have been doubled, and then changed to their current state. What happened then is yes, there was a flourish on the market, UU became scarse, so did ATs but after a few weeks (max) things settled into a new routine and everything returned to normal.

At the moment AT prices are going up, all the time. UU have been between 650-720 for a while suggesting that the market there has about enough, so yes this would throw it out, but only for a while.

This change wouldn't interest everyone. Some people do not want to be the biggest but then we go back to a previous post of the levels that are ingame whether we like it or not. I remember just starting those big accounts were scary and I had the goal that hey, one day I want to take them on as an equal. I didn't have the goal that one day I want to be half their size and take them down because at the time 'half their size' would have seen me be squished very definitively. There has to be some allowance for fighting, but also needs to be some allowance for sheer outpowered-ness. :)
Spoiler

Jedi~Tank
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Tacet
Forum Regular

^^ =D>

I also remember being a very small fish in a very large pond. Now my main limiter is not size anymore, but time. Size is still a limit, but I managed to catch up with a lot of those accounts simply because I played better or more actively. The small player can catch up with a bit of skill and patience - if he wants to...

Return to “Suggestions Archive”