strike massing

Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

Re: strike massing

yes, 5xStrike <= Defense. And it would allow MORE strategies. Besides, to mass a defense you only need 20% (1/5) of their defense, so why shouldn't they at least need that in their own defense?

Is probably the best solution, and better then raising the minimum strength needed to mass higher
urogard
Forum Elder

Sarevok wrote:yes, 5xStrike <= Defense. And it would allow MORE strategies. Besides, to mass a defense you only need 20% (1/5) of their defense, so why shouldn't they at least need that in their own defense?

Is probably the best solution, and better then raising the minimum strength needed to mass higher

should be probably around not 20% of your strike in defense before you can attack but around 200-400% of your strike.
when i used to play I had a 850-900 bil strike, with 500k supers and 500k mercs. Massing a 4 tril def was a piece of cake and i probably lost around 1 mil uu's tops doing that although was probably a good bunch less, once i know i got it as low as 350k cos i had used mercs almost exclusively to mass it.

so dunno my 800k uu losses on average, negligible repair and at costs on that scale (so lets say total cost worth of 1 mil uu's) vs their 15-16 mil mercs, 15-16 mil supers and 30+ mil weapons?
From that you can easily calculate what the required defense should be before you are allowed to mass.

Anyone who prides in themselves as being a masser on this game and having no fear, massing who they want and stuff like that, is hilarious. Massing requires no skill, let alone any resources to do. And if anyone considers that attribute as something that makes a great player(s), well lol, the greatness of that attribute is on the same level as a sewer rat.

Or there's a good bunch of better updates, make strike planets to be more expensive to upgrade than defense planets, in the same ratio it is now but the other way around (def planets are like 1.5 times more expensive or something?) Hell make it 2 times more expensive to increase strike than def planets
or even remove stat planets altogether solves this mess by a good 40-60%
or even better, remove all planets
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Removing planets won't work. Doubt the admin would repay all the $$ put into the planets (merlins, dual purchases, etc)

Another thing that would help, is fixing the ME, with no subtractions.
But also, i don't think 200% would be accepted by many, though it would be a more realistic playing style.

However, at the core, the ability to remove attack, as you can defense, maybe as easily as defense, would be interesting to see implemented. Perhaps you can only do so, once the defense of them is removed first. Thus compelling people to actually have a defense
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

well there are some core issues that would help if they were adjusted.

first you cant base strike on defense as long as defense is untrainable, otherwise people will train normal defense soilders, mass, untrain defense and we are back to square one.

Some points that I think would make a great deal of difference would be,,

1. "once trained always trained" units, from AC to Spies, to soilders. If not that then make it so you can only train/untrain so many in a set time frame, no more "instant" training/untraining.

2. Make weapons no longer self destroy, or give weapons such as clubs, knives, swords, bayonets, light sabers, sling and stone, or anything that will never hit 0 strength. These weapons can be weaker, but will always mean any defense still gives damage to the strike and kills men. No more free def killings, as long as a man lives he should be able to fight and do damage.

Personally I think weapons should start at 100% power, and get weaker per hit as they do now BUT only down to 50% or 25%. They should never become useless as if all else fails you can hold it by the barrel and bash someones skull in.

Sabatoge could be made useful if it was done right. And the strike problem could be solved using a new sabotage system. Make it so sabotage works similiar to now but instead of just destroying weapons, they kill the people holding the weapon when it blows up. This make sabotage effective and gives a way to kill strike soilders. First fell the defense and then wittle the strike down over time.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

To do the sabotage, it would require a major overhaul yeh, i agree.

No offense, but the solutions you suggested do not really allow for destruction of attack weapons (except the sabotage). Though not having all the weapons of a defense be removed would be good.

What about the possibility to setup a system, where the weapons that are damaged are auto-repaired? You can set aside a specified amount, and each time a weapon is damage, it draws from this reserve and repairs the weapons (be they attack OR defense). Allowing massers to mass faster, as their repairs are done on the fly, but also allow defenders to repair whilst they are offline. Not a perfect solution, but allows an extra level of protection, along with stratagy
urogard
Forum Elder

Sarevok wrote:To do the sabotage, it would require a major overhaul yeh, i agree.

In terms of code, that one change would be done in 15 minutes. overhaul? i dont think so.

auto repair? next thing will be auto train of units meaning if the defender has enough resources he's never gonna get massed.
Better fix the losses formula instead
Sarevok
Forum Addict

The weapons fall far more readily then the units do. And as Lore said, the training of units to satisfy the the attack/defense ratio will only work if you have them untrainable.

If you were going to increase the cost of attack planets, shouldn't they be atleast 4x as expensive? Since, you only need 1/5 to damage a defense?

The sabotage system would still need an overhaul, sure, that may only take 15-30 minutes, but overhaul isn't based on time.
urogard
Forum Elder

Sarevok wrote:The sabotage system would still need an overhaul, sure, that may only take 15-30 minutes, but overhaul isn't based on time.

Like i said, a change where sabotage would also kill units depending on how many weapons you kill (1:1 ratio or whatever) would take 15 mins tops.
hence why i said such a change is nowhere near an overhaul.
Sarevok
Forum Addict

But it's not the troops that are the worry, when you get massed, you loose your weapons FAR before you loose troops. To leave the weapons sab calculation the same, and only add unit kills, would be pointless, as I'm sure many massers would tell you, 800k mercs aren't considered losses, when removing 20M super trained
urogard
Forum Elder

you sure you aren't worried about your units?
how about getting 1 turned whilst you're online

watch your units get slaughtered off as your weapons remain at full force
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Actually just had that happen. If you have all weapons used by supers, and mercs = supers, then your set, just repair weapons, each unit they kill, only reduces their power by 50%, instead of when a weapon goes, and you loose 100%
Lord Blackhole
Forum Intermediate
ID: 101050

Sarevok wrote:To do the sabotage, it would require a major overhaul yeh, i agree.

No offense, but the solutions you suggested do not really allow for destruction of attack weapons (except the sabotage). Though not having all the weapons of a defense be removed would be good.

What about the possibility to setup a system, where the weapons that are damaged are auto-repaired? You can set aside a specified amount, and each time a weapon is damage, it draws from this reserve and repairs the weapons (be they attack OR defense). Allowing massers to mass faster, as their repairs are done on the fly, but also allow defenders to repair whilst they are offline. Not a perfect solution, but allows an extra level of protection, along with stratagy

Sab change wouldnt take too long in terms of coding as mentioned by others.

I personally don't mind the auto repair system. It would cost people more to mass (provided 1 AT ratio gets changed) as they can no longer simply destroy the weapons then 20mil supers. People can also choose to defend their empire using auto repair and drain their bank naq. The auto repair should not apply to attackers, as they already have the advantage of been online (compared to defenders that could be offline) and a choice of whether they wish to continue massing.
ImageImage
urogard
Forum Elder

Sarevok wrote:Actually just had that happen. If you have all weapons used by supers, and mercs = supers, then your set, just repair weapons, each unit they kill, only reduces their power by 50%, instead of when a weapon goes, and you loose 100%

apparently the person attacking wasn't doing it well enough.
when you get to a situation where with full weapons you loose 5-10 supers for every unit they loose and you loose several thousand units with each hit, then we'll talk
Sarevok
Forum Addict

@ Blackhole:
I agree only for defenders, but then the massers may get all upset, so i just thought making it equal for all (though as you said, it doesn't solve the imbalance)

@ urogard:
Been in that situation also. Once all my weapons were gone, i got to see the log saying i loose 100k uu for their 100-0 losses. Had i been able to repair the weapons while offline, i'm sure the attacker would have lost far more then they did
Lord Blackhole
Forum Intermediate
ID: 101050

Sarevok wrote:@ Blackhole:
I agree only for defenders, but then the massers may get all upset, so i just thought making it equal for all (though as you said, it doesn't solve the imbalance)

It would reduce the imbalance.
People can still choose how to play.
Defenders can build a defence without auto repair, or a defence with auto repair but with risk of losing every naq in bank.
Massers require a lot of naq and UU to mass a defence with auto repair. Making them thinking whether it is worthwhile to mass someone.
In the end it is a battle of naq and UU. The bigger account wins... but a few smaller players can actually take on a big player. Make people think twice before declaring war on the entire server with the attitude of "we have nothing to lose because we are in the server war already, it does not hurt having an extra person farming us".
At moment it is the chicken without a defence wins, because they have nothing to lose beside the few billion naq they lose while off ppt comparing to people that builds a defence and lose trillions of naq + UU.
ImageImage

Return to “Suggestions Archive”