Old Dirty Dozen?

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Re: Old Dirty Dozen?

I remember DD - and honestly, their policy on massing sucked. As much as I liked some people here.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

I seem to recall you being on PPT once or twice while DD was around, Jenny. Coincidence? :P
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Setesh wrote:I seem to recall you being on PPT once or twice while DD was around, Jenny. Coincidence? :P

Meh, do you want me to shoot you now or later? :P

DD were way too stat-building, that was something I didn't like. So yeah, good bunch, but intern politics sucked a lot.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
a3rdvark
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

schuesseled wrote:DD didn't surrender out of the CoP war, we stayed till CoP made a peace treaty with Crystal Force and Pals, We did vote on wether we should surrender out of the snore fest and leave CoP, (farm farm farm your boat, not so merily in the war.) but the majority of the votes were for staying in the war and in CoP till the war drawed to a close. We decided that we wouldn't as you put it, run out on your allies. After the war we left the CoP alliance.

I remember those discussions within DD and the vote we took. It was clearly the will of the majority of DD members, myself included, to stay in the war until it was finished. I remember that I was making far to much naq farming our opponents to want to quit.

I also remember that the reason the war ended was that DD withdrew from CoP. I believe DD would have remained in the war on the side of the remaining CoP members had the other side not jumped at that opportunity to claim victory and end the war. I can see why DDs allies viewed it as DD running out on them, but it wasn't the intent. I guess the story depends on whose point of view it is told from.

Anyway, that's my recollection. It was a while ago so the details are fuzzy and I may be wrong.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

a3rdvark wrote:
schuesseled wrote:DD didn't surrender out of the CoP war, we stayed till CoP made a peace treaty with Crystal Force and Pals, We did vote on wether we should surrender out of the snore fest and leave CoP, (farm farm farm your boat, not so merily in the war.) but the majority of the votes were for staying in the war and in CoP till the war drawed to a close. We decided that we wouldn't as you put it, run out on your allies. After the war we left the CoP alliance.

I remember those discussions within DD and the vote we took. It was clearly the will of the majority of DD members, myself included, to stay in the war until it was finished. I remember that I was making far to much naq farming our opponents to want to quit.

I also remember that the reason the war ended was that DD withdrew from CoP. I believe DD would have remained in the war on the side of the remaining CoP members had the other side not jumped at that opportunity to claim victory and end the war. I can see why DDs allies viewed it as DD running out on them, but it wasn't the intent. I guess the story depends on whose point of view it is told from.

Anyway, that's my recollection. It was a while ago so the details are fuzzy and I may be wrong.

Don't worry, most people who are complaining now are people who weren't even around or in CoP/former-CoP alliances back then.. :P

*grin*

I always liked DD.
The MAD was quite entertaining. Unfortunate that nowadays, such a policy wouldn't work anymore. :(
Jayne Cobb
Forum Grunt
ID: 68276

Gotta give them props for their organisation and ascension programmes....and the MAD policy was reminiscent of some of the good old UTA policies....

Perhaps an overrated alliance.....and certainly an inactive alliance at times.....but they definitely made their mark on sgw history :-D
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Good times :)
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

yeah thats it MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction, good policy that, though I don't ever remember as it actually being mutual, we never destroyed ourselfs attacking enemies lol. Tbh its not gone, most Alliances still use it, i.e if someone hits you a lot of the big Alliances will mass you back, your whole Alliance, and anyone you know. Still works. Though keeping up with sitting on someone doesn't work so well anymore.

DD were'nt statbuilders, not really, not in the sense where you build massive stats, similarily we weren't an Alliance with 0 stats like the ones today lol, but we did have huge income with defences too small to defend our income, which made a lot of people thirst to take our naqudah, but with our NAP's with Omega and DDE and whomever was powerful to avoid wars and our MAD policy to deter smaller players we kept most of our big incomes using the small defences. Eventually people like blahh came along and that all ended lol. But even before then we were farmed by KGC or however its spelt. Now-a-days that kind of play, that inactiveness doesn't work, if you don't defend or regularily bank or go on nox/crit youll loose your income.

DD was definetly good times.

P.s why does nobody like statbuilders, honhestly its statist. :P
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

_XANES_
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Delta

Nice to see you back in the game a3.
In a few words what happened to some of the members of DD after GenLucky disbanded the alliance ant together with Salinor started running SGAW:
- A new alliance called Phoenex Reborn was founded based in the same principles of DD but it last than 3 months;
- Lord Naqael founded a new alliance called Requiem but due to inactivity it died pretty quickly;
- Myself, Monti, Suzuk, Hippyfool, and Phatty joined DELTA when it was founded. Suzuk left for a while and is now in OMEGA; I, Hippy and phattu still in DELTA having fun in the server war and Monti is MIA.
Hit me on msn.

...and I entirely agree with Jenny concerning the DD policy on massing. However the internal programs were excellent and GenLucky was a damn good leader.
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

i just joinned game when dd was in ranks
i never had the pleasure to meet them ingame but is a shame that alliance stayed in one guy
i quess they was just like TO
stats builders who had advantage of a peacefull gameplay during that time
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
_XANES_
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Delta

bebita wrote:i just joinned game when dd was in ranks
i quess they was just like TO
stats builders who had advantage of a peacefull gameplay during that time

Not exactly like TO. But GenLucky "owned" the brand DD and he was a good leader in what concerns motivation and setting up goals for teamwork. I don't think that players such as Geisha and Teal'auc are exactly what we can consider statbuilders...As Jenny said, the internal politics were louzy because you were not allowed to mass anyone without official permition of HC....
And to be honest, I still think that DD left CoP during war time because of Mojo Rising and not its members...but that's a complete different story.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Haha, Geisha left DD because she favoured a more agressive playing style, and Teal'auc moaned more or less constantly about how she couldn't mass people. They're hardly indicative of anything.

I wouldn't have said TO was like DD at all. TO was one of the best alliances I've ever been in. They had mature, friendly members and were also extremely competent at the game. They weren't 'stat builders' (a term I dislike), which they proved in various wars, just players who favoured a more peaceful playing style. Of course that all went downhill as soon as they got tainted by DD in that ridiculous merge, and TO hasn't been the same since.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

i must deny your thinking mordack
i was there i was inside
and they make me to do what i never think i was possible :(
with their lack of activity
as for dd indeed indeed they had some great members who are now brave fuall fighters but they are few and gheisa is not one of them
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

bebita wrote:i must deny your thinking mordack
i was there i was inside
and they make me to do what i never think i was possible :(
with their lack of activity
as for dd indeed indeed they had some great members who are now brave fuall fighters but they are few and gheisa is not one of them

To be fair, Bebita, am I correct in thinking that you were there a bit after I was?

In my eyes, it was the merge with DD which sent them downhill.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Tekki
Forum Addict

This is one of those things that really depends on your experiences with the allaince in question.

DD may have been a great alliance for some but their command structure lead to abuses and was as vague as hell for anyone trying to get infomration out of them and their reasoning for doing stuff was... odd or incomplete or frankly a straight out fabrication.

But that's just my experience.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “StarGateWars General”