Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
EdwardThatch
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Heretical
ID: 0

Re: Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

I said this before, but was ignored. As a general rule, if the artist feels his work is controversial enough to ASK if it's okay, it's probably not. If you have to ask, you know the answer.
There's always free cheese in a rat trap.

Please post in my trade feedback thread if I traded with you:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=146162
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

EdwardThatch wrote:I said this before, but was ignored. As a general rule, if the artist feels his work is controversial enough to ASK if it's okay, it's probably not. If you have to ask, you know the answer.

Question is, did he ask? If so, then it's a shame he even did it. That's his decision though.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

yes he posted a topic and the subject was "wat do you think about my sig"

he knew exactly wat we thought about his sig and yet he still kept it
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
EdwardThatch
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Heretical
ID: 0

Yes, he made a thread about it. I'm not offended, but there are ways to portray evil without opening old wounds.
There's always free cheese in a rat trap.

Please post in my trade feedback thread if I traded with you:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=146162
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Oh I see, I didn't realise he was the artist! Ok, fair enough I know what you are talking about.

ToToRo, please can you edit your previous post now you've calmed down?

I do not wish to give anybody any reason to have to close this down, your over exuberant post may be taken the wrong way even. I understand your frustration, but keep it calm my friend!
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

done :D
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Field Marshall wrote:Do not bother with your threatening of “power” I will not rise to it. My account, both forum and ingame mean very little to me. The subject of this is far more important and something I will not drop until I am proven to be wrong. The way I see it and the way I understand it at the moment, I believe I am right. I am open to criticism and if you can prove me wrong feel free.

If that is a genuine question?...then you should not ban me as I am merely asking questions. In a structured, non-threatening way.

Didn't threaten you, was merely pointing out how childish it is to ban something because it hurts your feelings.

I've proven you both hypocritical and wrong, you conveniently refused to address those points I brought up. The one point you did address, you dodged it by doing the very thing I accused you of, being childish and only demanding that things that offend you be banned. :roll:

ToToRo wrote:i have one question for you mods how is it fair he can keep his sig but we can't create a potition around gatewars forums to get it taken away?

how is that free speach

wouldn't that be the awsome word... um irony?

There is a difference between a passive image and a highly aggressive tirade and witch hunt. No, the petition was not YET a witch hunt, but it certainly was headed there.

There is no free speech here, only that which we don't disallow.

I want you guys to take a step back and look at the way you have been behaving and look at the way that PoD has been behaving. Then I want you to ask yourselves if the way you have been behaving is that of a civilized individual. Then I wont you post your response and explain why and how you came to your conclusion.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

i don't see how being offended by an OFFENSIVE IMAGE is childish it was no witch hunt it was a PETITION an effin petition how is that a witch hunt obviously many of us are offended by it why is that so hard for you to understand...

the irony of this whole thing is that you can save his sig but you can't keep the posts where we are trying to prove our points
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

ToToRo wrote:i don't see how being offended by an OFFENSIVE IMAGE is childish it was no witch hunt it was a PETITION an effin petition how is that a witch hunt obviously many of us are offended by it why is that so hard for you to understand...

Being "offended" by something is just another way of saying it hurt your feelings, crying and throwing hissy fits over something that hurt your feelings is something that children do, thus childish.

ToToRo wrote:the irony of this whole thing is that you can save his sig but you can't keep the posts where we are trying to prove our points

:?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:Didn't threaten you, was merely pointing out how childish it is to ban something because it hurts your feelings.

I've proven you both hypocritical and wrong, you conveniently refused to address those points I brought up. The one point you did address, you dodged it by doing the very thing I accused you of, being childish and only demanding that things that offend you be banned. :roll:

Please feel free to reassign the other point. I'm sorry, but I spend a lot less time on forums and it's difficult for me to address every point you made there. I see in no point where I was childish. Stop making false accusations Jack and practice what you preach.

Jack wrote:I want you guys to take a step back and look at the way you have been behaving and look at the way that PoD has been behaving. Then I want you to ask yourselves if the way you have been behaving is that of a civilized individual. Then I wont you post your response and explain why and how you came to your conclusion.

[/quote]

Right, prior to opening this thread. I can say hand on heart that I have behaved rationally and with direction. I believe I have been civilized, I have not pointed fingers and I have not flamed anything. I have directed specific questions with references.

With that said, I would like to ask you. If you were offended by something that really affected you, would you defend that honor. Do you have pride for what you stand for? Is this not my right as an individual to stand up and be counted and to relay what I believe.

Tell me, is it right Jack, that a Swastika which is being portrayed in the imagery of evil be placed proudly upon these forums?
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:
ToToRo wrote:i don't see how being offended by an OFFENSIVE IMAGE is childish it was no witch hunt it was a PETITION an effin petition how is that a witch hunt obviously many of us are offended by it why is that so hard for you to understand...

Being "offended" by something is just another way of saying it hurt your feelings, crying and throwing hissy fits over something that hurt your feelings is something that children do, thus childish.

ToToRo wrote:the irony of this whole thing is that you can save his sig but you can't keep the posts where we are trying to prove our points

:?

again you don't answer my question either, why is it fair that our petition be banned but his swastika fly, shouldn't it atleast be fair we petition??? if his racist flag can fly? or wouldn't it be fair to remove both??? why is it fair one stays and the other goes???

well jack congratulations at making accusations with no truth or facts behind them
Last edited by RoKeT on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

ToToRo try to put logic in your post so that its easier tyo understand what your talking about. I know English might not be your first language as it isnt mine ether. But please read your posts and adjust where needed so that we understand what you mean, this also enables faster responses. Dont take it personal just some advice :)

As stated before there is a discussion ongoing in the moderator forums for a while now. We have not yet made a final call (afaik) and we will probly bring it up with the big man Jason himself to to see what he wants. Afterall he owns these servers. Please take a step back and have a good breath before you get your panties in a twist. Give us mods some time :)
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

english is my first language :( ha ha ha i suck so bad lol but seriously

i'm saying it's not fair that he can flag his swastika but we can't make a petition... why can't we make a petition to bring to jason?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

ToToRo wrote:english is my first language :( ha ha ha i suck so bad lol but seriously

i'm saying it's not fair that he can flag his swastika but we can't make a petition... why can't we make a petition to bring to jason?

I havent said you can't make a petition about it but that your acting to soon :) Its like greenpeace protesting before the gouverneursstate to stop the deer hunts while the gouverneur is discussing if the deerhunt should be closed or not. A waste of breath for something that might not be nessecary
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

i didn't say you did why don't you ask the other mods where the topic went that had the petition :D and it maybe a waste of breath but is a breath we would like to take :D so i will start a topic of a petition and i don't see a reason it should be removed
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”