So when?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: So when?

Tetrismonkey wrote:
BTW, Rocket, you need to chill out man and stop being so confrintational with everyone that decides to disagree with you.

Told ya Clarkester xD

anyways it wasn't about the confrontation lol it was that people were missing the point and the attack on max was because we have a very hostile relationship whether I like to admit it or not xD
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Clarkey wrote:Max it is abundantly clear that this issue is NOT about what you want or don't want in a thread that you made.

It is about whether the sort of thing RoKeT posted is allowed.

Just because you create a thread gives you absolutely no rights to what people post. If it's inline with forum rules then it is allowed whether you cry about it or not.

Can you see what RoKeT is asking now?

Ummm... no. The sale forum is not like every other forum. I sure don't see people often spamming up the planet sale forum saying... that's a nice planet, it should get 15T naq... unless it's someone asking how much a planet is worth.

I don't see people saying, those are great UU or those are awesome ATs in those corresponding threads... so why should people feel compelled to post their unwanted opinion in a thread that does not ask for an opinion on what it's worth?

The only time someone should post their opinion is when the seller is asking for one. The sale thread is created to advertise your account/resources for sale, therefore the seller should be able to dictate what others read about their account... unless it's a valid accusation of the seller being a scammer.

The rules are more like guidelines and should be flexible in some instances. You of all people should realize this after your meltdown. You should be IP banned after your stunt, but the staff made an exception in your case.

There are no laws protecting your freedom of speech on forums. In the end, the staff dictate what can and can't be said/done on the boards they administer/moderate.

RoKeT wrote:the attack on max was because we have a very hostile relationship whether I like to admit it or not xD

I deleted every post, even Golden Wing's "good luck" post. I don't want or care for anyone's luck in selling my account. If it happens, it happens.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

MaxSterling wrote:Ummm... no. The sale forum is not like every other forum. I sure don't see people often spamming up the planet sale forum saying... that's a nice planet, it should get 15T naq... unless it's someone asking how much a planet is worth.

I don't see people saying, those are great UU or those are awesome ATs in those corresponding threads... so why should people feel compelled to post their unwanted opinion in a thread that does not ask for an opinion on what it's worth?

The only time someone should post their opinion is when the seller is asking for one. The sale thread is created to advertise your account/resources for sale, therefore the seller should be able to dictate what others read about their account... unless it's a valid accusation of the seller being a scammer.
If you post a sale thread you expect people to make posts regarding costs etc. Bit pathetic crying because someone said how much they think it is worth. if you don't want people's opinions then don't post on a free speech public forum.

MaxSterling wrote:You of all people should realize this after your meltdown. You should be IP banned after your stunt, but the staff made an exception in your case.
And this has absolutely nothing to do with you crying about people posting prices in your sale thread. So stop with the personal history.
Image ImageImageImage
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

OK, for gods sake, I just skimmed this thread and already am wondering wth is happening here... For the moment, please quit the bickering!
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

Clarkey wrote:If you post a sale thread you expect people to make posts regarding costs etc. Bit pathetic crying because someone said how much they think it is worth. if you don't want people's opinions then don't post on a free speech public forum.

If you post a sale thread requesting a price check... then you expect people to make posts regarding costs. When you make a post looking for people to buy your account, then you look for people to make posts with actual bids or to be contacted by people looking to buy your account. You don't make a post looking for trolls.

I pretty much stated in the OP that I already know what other people's uneducated opinions are, and didn't care to read them. People can think to themselves what they think what my account is worth all they want. You try to show me five accounts that didn't pour tons of cash into it, one way or another, that can compete with my account. Try to find an account that you can buy on this forum that will not require more $ than I'm asking to buy naq to build my exact account... If you can, then you have an argument for your case of posting opinions in my thread.

In the end, someone can either buy a cheaper account and spend a lot of time or more $ to build my account, or they can save a lot of time and $ and just buy my account directly. I stated what I want for my account. It wasn't up for debate or discussion. People with no intention to buy my account have no business posting in the thread anyways.

MaxSterling wrote:There are no laws protecting your freedom of speech on forums. In the end, the staff dictate what can and can't be said/done on the boards they administer/moderate.

No forum is a "free speech forum". If forums were really "free speech", then there wouldn't be need for moderators.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Ya I'll be honest I didn't read all these posts, you're just arguing pointlessly now. Can I politely say that my opinion on the matter is the only that matters and listen to no one else? The question might as well be directed at me in this case, being the Section Leader of The Market.

A few points.

1. Whether you made the topic or not, even in the Market, gives you no more rights than anyone else posting. Doesn't matter.

2. If the thread is a "Selling (thing)" topic then really the only on topic posts are those from buyers and the seller. Replies talking about the value of the account, unless the buyer and seller want to haggle or something in the topic, are not needed. If you're not just giving a helpful bump, or have the intention of buying, you don't need to post.

3. Posts are not deleted, they are ALL moved (except AT and UU topics and some other topics, but when posts are split they're not deleted) so do not use that term.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Can we make a trade topic where we discuss about it? like one for all the sellers/ buyers out there? maybe a new section?
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Market Discussion feel free to make a topic talking about prices of accounts, not that it's prohibited but not like specific accounts, more in a general sense might be a good idea.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
knight
The Lulz
ID: 0

RoKet, PM the mod who gave you the warning.

If that doesn't work, then PM their GM

As it is, this thread has degraded to bickering. #-o

so, locked

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”